Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach the end of the season, every goal brings a huge excitement and sense of pride as it is the best indication of the bright future that has been promised to us since the appointment of Rafa Benitez.

There is no doubt that great goals will grace the rest of the season, and also the coming seasons, but as for now, let's find out which goals are our goals of the season so far.

My picks (in no particular order):
#1 Steven Gerrard, Anfiled, Liverpool vs Olympiacos
#2 Xabi Alonso, Anfield, Liverpool vs Arsenal
#3 Luis Garcia, Anfield, Liverpool vs Charlton
#4 Igor Biscan, Craven Cottage, Fulham vs Liverpool
#5 Neil Mellor, Anfield, Liverpool vs Arsenal

How about you guys? :shades:

Cheers. YNWA

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Goal of the season: Traore vs Burnley :shades: :D

From a serious point of view - probably Gerrard's goal in the CL with the impotance it meant for you.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
_Eight_Ball_ said:
In case you didn't know, Traore was fuming mad when Gerrard scored the own goal at Cardiff. He thought he took the award by miles before Gerrard scored.:pp

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Fav. goals:
Both goals vs. Arsenal (Xabi and Mellor)
Gerrard's wonder strike vs. Olympiakos
I saw an avatar for a goal for LG from well outside the box, but I don't know against whom, what I know is that it was scored @ the Kop, and the other team was in yellow :p, maybe it is the one Karma posted (vs. Charlton)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
It has to be Gerrard's strike and Mellor's goal... Two goals that changed (well almost!) the complexion of our season.

paw;)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
liverpool4ever said:
Fav. goals:
Both goals vs. Arsenal (Xabi and Mellor)
Gerrard's wonder strike vs. Olympiakos
I saw an avatar for a goal for LG from well outside the box, but I don't know against whom, what I know is that it was scored @ the Kop, and the other team was in yellow :p, maybe it is the one Karma posted (vs. Charlton)
Yeap, Charlton it was ;) It came out of nothing, and was so sweet one could be forgiven for going all red on the face. :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
- Gerrard, v. Olymiakos. this, to me, is evidence enough that he truly loves the club. i'm not sure fate would've put someone of a lesser heart in that position as it did Stevie.

- Mellor, v. Arsenal. for the sweet bragging rights that ensued :D

- Igor, v. Fullham...i still have a good laugh with this one. his, 'did i do that ?' expression on his face was just priceless :D

there are many other great goals to see repeated but i single these out for what they meant, not just for the respective matches, but how they've added to the massive folklore that is Liverpool Football Club.

cheers

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:

From a serious point of view - probably Gerrard's goal in the CL with the impotance it meant for you.

:eekani: :eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
What about Riise's in the carling cup final? I suppose that evokes bad memories, but try to remember that moment rather than the game. I never screamed so loud in my entire life, ****ing amazing strike.

Alonso's v Arsenal was definitely my favorite though, then Gerrard's v olympiacos.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Riise's strikes are always great goals, although the farther they went in from the greater the goal is. The Chelsea one was a little below the WBA double for me.

Best Riise goal is of course the one against Man Utd. :cool:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
StevieG17 said:
you can add :

Stevie V Portsmouth
Riise V WBA at The Hawthorns .. the one in the TOP Corner... it was class too.

:eekani:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
Guys, here's the Garcia goal against Charlton at Anfield. Class.
oh man what a class of goal... :eekani: :thumbsup: :eekani:

·
Registered
4 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
My picks (in no particular order):
#1 Steven Gerrard, Anfiled, Liverpool vs Olympiacos
Somebody knows a link to download this wonderful goal?

I searched for a long time, but it's removed from all servers :frownani:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts