Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking a lot today at how our expectations for a scudetto run and a good CL run have been change for a 4th spot and a UEFA cup Victory.

Maybe one of our biggest problems in the past was the fact that we always set out high goals for each season, and no matter if we finish second or third or reach CL semi´s it wasnt enough, why? Because we aimed higher.

Don´t get me wrong, there is absolutly nothing wrong to go for the best, the thing with inter is that we never plan long term, we always look for a quick fix.

If Moratti comes tomorrow and says that our Objective for next season arent going to be any titles, but to play good, that would take pressure away from everyone, and everything that we do good will be even better.

Even the media won´t be able to say much about us if we are in a 3rd or 4th place cuz we didnt set a concrete goal.

I rather have Moratti buy good young Promising players and tell everyone, you will have to wait 1 or 2 more years than to get us Totti and put Inter in the center of the storm.

If we have waited 15 years, why not 1 more?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The last time I checked the name of our team wasn't Parma. We are a top club side, and we have to act like it, regardless of whether we act like fools and use youngsters or try to win something by getting Totti. The media will always be there. That's like not being able to pass seventh grade and going back to sixth and passing that and pretending its a victory.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
The last time I checked the name of our team wasn't Parma. We are a top club side, and we have to act like it, regardless of whether we act like fools and use youngsters or try to win something by getting Totti. The media will always be there. That's like not being able to pass seventh grade and going back to sixth and passing that and pretending its a victory.
:howler: poor interista...:(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
goal for next season...

sack zac first... :D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Its a little bit too early to be thinking of next season given we do not know how this season is going to end. A great deal depends on who will be confirmed as Inter's coach for next season.

Does anyone side with Zaccheroni's argument or see some merit in the point that he my have been able to do better if we were not hit by injuries and suspensions? The team's form has sort of improved since we recovered a few players. Does anyone think he should be given another season in charge in which he will be given an opportunity to direct the club in terms of transfers as well as work with the players over the summer?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We havent improve anything man, We just happend to face Ancona, and yesterday we won with 2 mistakes by Reggina, one Writter who hated it Cuper so much said that Yesterday was the worst game Inter had play in 3 seasons.

The Italian Media likes Zac so the amount of criticism towards inter is less, it just extremely weird, how Inter in the 6th place gets less criticism than when it was leading or second.

We have had many Injuries and suspension in the past before Zac it just happens that some excuses are valid for some coaches and the sames excuses are not Valid for the others.ç

It´s been shown that Inter doesnt have the players to dominate the game by ball control so to be able to assure a score even zac has to go to 9 man defending, hoping for a miracle.

Zac might be just a victim of our terrible players as Cuper was, however he has brought nothing to us, again I repeat by now its obvious are players are not a group that could win games, like real madrid, arsenal or Milan.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
jack goff said:
I was thinking a lot today at how our expectations for a scudetto run and a good CL run have been change for a 4th spot and a UEFA cup Victory.

Maybe one of our biggest problems in the past was the fact that we always set out high goals for each season, and no matter if we finish second or third or reach CL semi´s it wasnt enough, why? Because we aimed higher.

Don´t get me wrong, there is absolutly nothing wrong to go for the best, the thing with inter is that we never plan long term, we always look for a quick fix.

If Moratti comes tomorrow and says that our Objective for next season arent going to be any titles, but to play good, that would take pressure away from everyone, and everything that we do good will be even better.

Even the media won´t be able to say much about us if we are in a 3rd or 4th place cuz we didnt set a concrete goal.

I rather have Moratti buy good young Promising players and tell everyone, you will have to wait 1 or 2 more years than to get us Totti and put Inter in the center of the storm.

If we have waited 15 years, why not 1 more?
You know what, that's actually BRILLIANT ! I like this idea a lot. If Moratti does some reading here he should hire you as an advisor ASAP. PS I'm not being sarcastic. If Moratti declares that Inter aren't aiming at the Scudetto, will we get criticised for not winning it ? No more Ronaldos and Vieris of the footballing world. Sign motivated players and give them time. Support them. Football is not only about skills and big names, if it was only about that, Inter would've been dominating the world now.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
bono said:
"Goals for next season"?

No less than 50 scored!
No more than 30 conceeded!

:D
That's so lame :dontcare:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts