• other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we have Bunjevcevic as central defender, Kezman-Drulic as strikers so now the time has come to pick a goalkeeper.

As always vote and elaborate.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I voted for Kralj and the reason is very simple - I don't think we have anyone better, it is important to choose one keeper and stick to him even if he makes some mistakes, because getting on his back after one mistake or replacing him immediately does not help his confidence and even puts extra pressure on his successor because this one now knows his fate will be the same..

We must try to be patient with him (I must admit, I myself don't find that easy:D), as an example we could look at Barthez and Manchester - a typical example of backing up and supporting your keeper...

And guys, please, get involved here, I hope my vote is not going to be the only one here...:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Simple : Ilic

He is the only goalkeeper that had no flukes in a single game against a Russia. He looked very , very safe in the area , and I was convinced that he would be called up again, but I guess I was wrong. However, I hope he gets a chance again, he's an average goalkeeper, and that's the best we have got right now.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I voted Ilic. Why?

Simple. He is under-rated. He was absolutely brilliant for charlton (well the games i saw anyway :) ).

He isnt as mediocre as Kralj thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
excellent post red star.

you said it all : our keeper, and after all jokes he suffered (is sufefring) from must be surrounded by the confidence of both players and coach, he has to be regular and to be changed at every single little mistake.

kralj can be a world class keeper if he has a STRONG DEFENSE.
we all alas remember that extraordinary terrible euro2000 campaign... kralj was afraid to punch the ball in front of kluivert...and many other examples that aren't good to remember.
but all these goals can't only rely on his own responsibility. our defense was simply AWFUL during this tournament : 3 goals against slovenia, 4 against spain, 6 against holland ! kralj didn't make heavy mistakes, even mistakes at all ! but he was always placed in the most crappy situations by its poor and laughable defense. you can't trust a keeper that doesn't give the impression to be strong and safe, but in the same way, a keeper can't be safe if its partners don't believe in him and if its defense SUKS.
kralj didn't know where he should be placed because he didn't know where its defense should have to be. they were always messing up the game.
every one of us remember nadj and dudic lost on their wings, insane mihajlovic facing a nervous breakdown at each game, djukic the only one who was average with komljenovic and djorovic (what a shame he only played one game!) looked like he was (they were ) just the only one to defend and to do their job, our (centre) midfield was constantly overcome by the opponents' attacks cause they were no wingers and no defensive job and positioning on the wings, jugovic and jokanovic did their best but they were alone.

to sum up, how a keeper can be good and secured if he has 2 defenders in front of him playing with 2 defensive midfielders, 1 offensive (drulovic or piksi), and 1 striker (milosevic) ?
well ! if i count good that's a team of ... 6 PLAYERS ?!
i think you all understand...

but i have to say that i would like to see ilic again . i think he's underrated to and that he hasn't got a real chance to prove himself. stevanovic, radakovic, lukic are too mediocre. and they looked very nervous. compared to them, kralj is a bouddah.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I voted for Dragoslav Jevric, Vitesse's first keeper again after quite a while, there's a new coach and he picked Jevric for now, his first season in Holland he was great, a keeper who was calm and very good on the line. After that a new coach arrived replaced him by Zoetebier (Feyenoords keeper now) and things looked bad yet in this form he did get called up for our NT :confused: , this season he was a bench sitter again till a few weeks back.

And I agree with thepretender about our defence being crap at Euro 2000. But still I say Kralj is not a good keeper, I've seen him in action here in Holland, confidence is the key word for him, and often that is exactly what he lacks.

BTW Welcome to Il Genio and good to see you posting on a regular base again Borba ;)

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Hahahahahaha, I think the current results show there is not one keeper we have total faith in...
Just shows how good they are, I guess. :)

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha let's close the poll now Kralj has the lead. ;)

That would make Bunja our central defender and Kralj our keeper so far.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
it is sure that ilic is underrated . he deserves another chance(s).
i don't know jevric very well. i only saw him play once with zvezda.

what about cicovic ? he's still benchwarming at las palmas ?

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Kralj?

Whoever voted for him please tell me you're joking. Kralj is pure garbage. He has probably the worst positioning I've seen out of any goalkeeper in a decent league. He is consistently caught flat footed and almost never comes off of his line.

He has simply not proved anything, I don't see how people can consider him a good goalkeeper. He was "good" for Partizan but that is just relative, Serbian media makes a superstar out of anyone in the YU league. He was poor for the national team and even poorer for FC Porto. I don't even know where he plays now.

As for who should be our 'keeper, I don't know for sure, but Jevric has looked safe so far. I would at least stick with him for now.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
How can anyone vote for Kralj. Jevric has cemented his selection with his outstanding man of the match winning performance against the Finns. Kralj is a joke and is a disgrace and is about as good as that Radakovic.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I know but his total has gone up recently so there's still an idiot among us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts