• Van der Sar

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for some fun well have a series of polls to select a pre-tournament all-star team. yes i realize that the voting will probably go along ethnic lines but thats life. more polls will follow shortly.

im not 100% sure that all these keepers will be starting for their respective countries. however if a guy isnt the sure starter for his country then he probably wouldnt win the poll anyway.

so vote for who you think is the top keeper!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I truly believe it is a tie between Buffon and Casillas. I would say Kahn or maybe Van Der Saar, but they are getting a bit high on the age and well, Kahn isn't exactly the most popular person (just something to add, I didn't take it away from his ability's). I had to say Casillas because for me, he has been outstanding for his age, one of Real Madrid and Spain's key players all the time. He is also only 22, and to be reliable at that age is an accomplishment in itself.

BTW, funny thing is Spain & Italy, both the backups(Canizares and Toldo) are probably the most clutch PK stoppers. They should be there to :stuckup: :devil: :D

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Definitly Buffon, he has a very high low form and when he's at his top few can put the ball past him. Then again he has one of the best defences in the world infront of him in both Juve and the Italian NT.
He has the stability of Kahn and the mad-saves of Barthez :cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Nice topic! :)

To me, its between Casillas and Buffon. In the past 1.5 years, only Dida (maybe) can match their form.

Difference is, Casillas always has to play under alot more pressure, and you have to give the guy credit for that.

Other golies to look out for are Ricardo and Cech, maybe Croatia's golie too.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for me its clearly buffon. kahn has a good claim but i think hes on the decline whereas buffon is in his prime.

well see how the poll goes and if we dont have a clear winner we might have a run off poll. just depends on how close the vote is.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I think Buffon is surely the best keeper around, but keeper of the tournament will be the one winning the knockout matches for his team. Whether that is to be Buffon os someone else like Casillas or Kahn... who knows?

I voted for Buffon just the same.

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
It´s Buffon.. I would have said Kahn just a few years ago but age finally seems to have caught up with him; he´s not what he used to be..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Buffon and from the looks of the poll, everyone seems to think Buffon :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I see we have some biased voters here

who chose Kolinko the Crystal palace goalie :D or former CP goalie, not sure if hes still there :tongue:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Just want to precise that it is not me who choose "barthez" :D
I did:cool: come on now "STADE RENNAIS" ! show some team spirit:stuckup: :star:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
even if buffon is well ahead, well keep the poll going for a few more days at least.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Deanfio said:
I see we have some biased voters here

who chose Kolinko the Crystal palace goalie :D or former CP goalie, not sure if hes still there :tongue:
Not me:D :D No he's not here anymore, think he's playing for FC Rostov.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts