Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inter’s Striking Dilemma

With strong indications that Adriano and Christian Vieri could be heading out of the San Siro in the summer, Michal Kopec considers the striking dilemma facing Inter Milan
It seems that the greatest strikers will depart from Internazionale. Christian Vieri told the press that he is going to leave Inter with the end of current season, and a second biggest star Adriano is supposed to be sold to Real Madrid or Chelsea London.

If those rumours are true, in Mediolan would stay only three strikers: Julio Ricardo Cruz, Alvaro Recoba and Obafemi Martins. Those players are good, but not as good as Adriano or Vieri. And Inter has always had some of the biggest strikers in the world.

Vieri has admitted that he won’t stay with the Italian giants longer than this summer, and he has quite a few clubs interested in signing him. So the only question left unanswered is where will he go? During his career in Mediolan he scored over 20 goals each season and became one of the symbols of this club. But his career is far more than just Inter. He played for such teams as: Juventus, Lazio and Real Madrid. Six years at Internazionale is still the longest period he has ever spent in one club.

Adriano is a rising star of European football. He played for Fiorentina and Bologna, where he showed he is one of the biggest talents in the world. He proved his abilities in the Brazilian national team by winning the Golden Boot award at Copa America 2004, and he is still only 22 years old. So his career is just beginning. With Chelsea and Real asking for him, he will fast leave Italy.

In that case only Recoba, Martins and Cruz will be left at Inter.

Recoba is well known especially from his national team, where he is great, but he never proved his abilities on the club stage so he is not going to replace Adriano and Vieri.

Nigerian star Martins is a great, talented player, but he is only 20 years old, so he is not ready yet to lead his team in Serie A. Cruz was great in his time at Feyenoord and Bologna but with Inter he shouldn’t be anything more than just a bench player.

Lets hope that Inter president Massimo Moratti will be able to show his great ability and bring some great players to the club once again.

Michal Kopec

------------------------------------------------
:rolleyes:

This guy should get a clue before he writes this rubbish, But thats how it is. Everybodys an expert these days.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hahhahahhahhahahahha

Yo San Siro I didn't know you wanted to be a journalist!

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
uahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah :howler: :howler: :howler:

What a class A moron the one who wrote this!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Some posts here in XT are significantly of a higher quality than certain sites.

I stopped going to goal.com after it became a bit of tribalfootball type....

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Thank god no one ever messed with my reviews. I guess they were good! :)

Yes this guy is cluless to the fullest. Vieri was at Atletico Madrid not Real. Adriano was at Fiorentina and Parma and not Bologna and recoba showed his skills pretty much ONLY at the club level.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Club or Country, Recoba has shown his great ability. Sheva Giggs Recoba etc aren't lucky enough to be playing with a top national team but Chino atleast took them to a World Cup.

This Michal Kopec is a jerk that shouldn't be discussing a topic where he has shown to have great ignorance. But too many people are like this these days like I said.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Just one question, when did Vieri ever state that he was going to leave us this summer? :confused:

I read almost every article about Inter, and news of this magnitude should have really had more exposure than this.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Razman said:
Just one question, when did Vieri ever state that he was going to leave us this summer? :confused:

I read almost every article about Inter, and news of this magnitude should have really had more exposure than this.

absolutely .. i agreee
i lately heard him say that he is reborn under mancini ..and that he pledges his support for mancinis plans ...
mancini seems to have brought life back into BOBO !
bobo himself had admitted that he was going to leave the club for turin in the summer BUT mancinis arrival made him change his mind !

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Razman said:

The author of this article was a bit "creative" with the translation of Vieri's latest interview. Vieri said that he has a contract with Inter until 2006 and that he wishes to saty but if he has to leave in the summer he won't make any problems.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Vieri did not state it but a lot of people in Italy gave for sure a deal between Roma and Inter for a swap Vieri Montella.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
the ONLY striker that could leave us in the summer is Recoba
Mancini didn't say a word about his performance against Atalanta,
so there's deffinetely something between those 2 ...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
We were talking about last summer. Next summer is far and I do not htink Recoba would leave. Moratti loves him too much.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Fiorito28 said:
We were talking about last summer. Next summer is far and I do not htink Recoba would leave. Moratti loves him too much.
that article is about next summer, isnt it ? :googly:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Faisal said:
Club or Country, Recoba has shown his great ability. Sheva Giggs Recoba etc aren't lucky enough to be playing with a top national team but Chino atleast took them to a World Cup.

This Michal Kopec is a jerk that shouldn't be discussing a topic where he has shown to have great ignorance. But too many people are like this these days like I said.
Faisal, are you serious?
First of all, Recoba did not single handedly take uruguay to the world cup
First of all lets check out the fifa rankings
Uruguay 17/18 (the fifa world cup site has these two rankings on different pages)
Ukraine 49
Wales 65

Uruguay is a great team despite of rRecoba, he by no means has been indispensable for uruguay. Yes when he is on he's the man, just like Kaviedes for ecuador, but its the team that makes that has made everything happen for uruguay.
Chevanton and their midfield and organized defense is what has taken them far in the last few years. If anything, Recoba has shown more quality in inter than playing for Uruguay. Uruguay would have qualified with Recoba last year, in my personal opinion, with the exception of a few games, its the Chevantones and Dario Silvas and those guys that push and push uruguay to lead forward, I look at Recoba and he is one lazy mother.

The writer guy is full of shit, especially because Recoba has shown more for inter than uruguay (a lot more), but that doesn't mean you can distort the facts and say that recoba lead uruguay to the world cup, that is crap handed in a stick and frozen in the shape of a corn dog.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Shit we should have taken Montella for Vieri swap

(In all your opinions)

for me vieri is the best till he's atleast 45

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Faisal, can you please provide the link. I tried to locate the article on the goal.com website but did not have any luck. I would like to bring to their attention the mistakes made in the article and comment on how they can not possibly expect to be taken seriously when writing such inaccurate rubbish.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
bernmilan1 you've misunderstood me completely mate,who said we know Recoba from Uruguay? Who said we know Giggs from Wales? Who said we know Sheva from Ukraine? Ofcourse its at club level where they get the exposure and make their names.

If Uruguay didn't have Recoba in the WC2002 qualifing campaign theres no way in hell that they would of gone to the last world cup as he made almost all the goals for the forwards. That was my point only and its Inter where he gets way more coverage so it shows how ignorant this 'expert' is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts