Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this probably doesn't need a new thread but i'm so frrriggin tired of those people working for goal.com.

I'm usually pretty forgiving, but this is starting to piss me off especially when the headlines can potentially harm the relationship of the fans.

More often than not, they use headlines that are inaccurate to the actual context or quote of the article; "Mourinho: I never wanted Sheva", "Miha: Mourinho's training causes injury to the players". None of these were actual quotes made by either mourinho or miha.

it's misleading as hell to someone just browse the headlines and seems like they want to cause ruckus to teams, not only to inter but to everyone else. But it's bad journalism when they use these headlines to grab someone's interest rather than using actual quotes for their headlines.

those ppl are pissing me off big time.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Goal.com is brutal.

I stopped reading it years ago.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That could be an actual fun game for us.
Make up things people in the world of soccer have not said. :happy:
Simple, just don't read it. :)

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
The are utterly pathetic amateurs. Pointing out how retarded they are is the favourite past time of the posters in Juventuz.com forum :pp

And more then most teams, I think Juve fans can rightfully say Goal.com targets Juventus in particular to spew bullshit about :pp They said mindboggingly crap like Giovinco signing for an EPL top team daily for a full month. And lots of other beyond bull stuff about Juve.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they hit everyone which i guess at least those assholes are consistant. But people should start realizing they are shit journalists and stop posting on their forum and boycott those mother****ers.

pardon my language.

But putting words in someone's mouth and publishing them as truth, thats slander and it's against the law, man. (ok, i know nothing about the law)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Yes its against the law. But the time and money to sue them isn't worth the effort.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I loved the Robinho one from three days ago. The headline was:

Robinho: 'I'm a slave!'

Meanwhile the article did not even have a quote from Robinho, but rather from his agent who said it would be hypocritical of Real Madrid not to let him go after encouraging United to do the same thing. Not even a comment about slavery or anything.

They're ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I don't read them, it's better to use Babelfish to translate the Italian news, it's usually closer to the original meaning if you know a tiny bit of italian football related words.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Goal.com updates pretty well and fast....

You, of course got to filter out the unnecessary Drama they create.

Start with the headlines first, its always exaggeration

·
Registered
667 Posts
Agree, my personal favorite is when they use tabloids as sources.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
This is typical media nowadays,they like to stir things up,especially someone like the special one,they like to make him look cocky and wants ppl to hate him. I dont like goal.com too, its obvious that their editors hate italian football or hate INTER, i read too much of their "insights" blasting us or Calcio. It makes me laugh sometimes by their "professional opinion".

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
joeyue is right. its not just goal.com its the latest trend in media. sensationalism, bombastic headlines and all other traits of tabloids are effecting even what once were respectable newspapers. once proud journalistic profession is being dragged through mud by all the uneducated journalists working in cheap excuses for newspapers tabloids are. in this very brutal marketing battle the simple truth is that respectable newspapers are losing the battle with tabloids. more people will read the article that has a bombasic title like "robinho: i am a slave" than that would read an article which has a headline along the lines of "robinho's agent: real should let robinho go". with this simple fact in mind it becomes obvious that the only way professional newspapers can compete is if they resort to sensationalism as well. professional reporting is nice and all but, at the end of the day it just doesn't pay the bills.

·
Registered
45,332 Posts
Problem is that they are pretty up to date with interviews and rumors. so it's hard to just not read from them. frigging dilema. I dont take any of their shit seriously, but man they cross the line.
First, it would be libel since it's written. In any case, journalists would employ various defences (fair comment, qualified privilege) that would in turn need to be countered by showing malice. And that's quite a tall order. Put very simply, you would need to show that they knew what they were saying was false or that they were reckless at arriving at what they said. Which sounds do-able except they might get away with saying they believed what they were saying but were just stupid in arriving at that conclusion. Nowadays, however, journalists are expected to be more responsible in terms of what they write.

It would only be worthwhile to sue if it's a matter which would attract a large amount of damages (i.e. widespread publication (check) and a serious defamation). With regard to the Mourinho v Mancini issue, it isn't the most serious type of defamation. I think Mourinho would consider this a waste of time.

Even Obama doesn't go out and sue all. Instead, he has a specific site to deal with smears by collating various smears found over the internet and explaining them away convincingly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Goal.com updates pretty well and fast....

You, of course got to filter out the unnecessary Drama they create.

Start with the headlines first, its always exaggeration
Absolutely right.

Anyways, some people think that goal.com are Anti-Inter somewhat. I don't think they are. What about you guys, do you think goal.com are Anti-inter? They say that they're Anti-Inter because they predicted that Milan would win the scudetto, and they always want to make Inter look bad.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
If not anti-inter, then absolutly pro-milan..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts