Ronaldo 62 in 98 = 0.63
Cristiano 102/170 = 0.6
Messi 71 in 142 = 0.5
Bebeto 37/74 = 0.5

Rule: must have at least 35 games.

·
Registered
46,784 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of goals/game ratios and least of all in games of the NTs unless we talk about games against the best NTs.
And even so, are we really talking about the best players when they score to the best NTs? Maybe they are just the best poachers!

·
Administrator
53,215 Posts
Also your opponents levels and increasing number of games past decade or two for NTs, atleast in Europe, helps alot. Alot more games then usual, meaning you face way more weaker opponents etc.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
StillLearning, I like your name and I like posting on your topics.

The greatest unrivalled duo of all time in NT ball? You guessed it, Puskas & Sandor Kocsis.

Puskas, 83 scores in 83 'official' NT matches: 1.00 goals-per-game.

Sandor Kocsis, 75 scores in 66 'official' NT matches:
1.14 goals-per-game.

Nobody even comes close. :)

·
Registered
46,784 Posts
lol, indeed...

BTW I have discovered that Kocsis and me share the birthday (September 21) and we also look a bit alike.
Hopefully I do not die next July 22 since I'm also 49 yo (which means I can't be his reincarnation anyway).

·
oic
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
StillLearning, I like your name and I like posting on your topics.

The greatest unrivalled duo of all time in NT ball? You guessed it, Puskas & Sandor Kocsis.

Puskas, 83 scores in 83 'official' NT matches: 1.00 goals-per-game.

Sandor Kocsis, 75 scores in 66 'official' NT matches:
1.14 goals-per-game.

Nobody even comes close. :)
gerd Muller

·
oic
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also your opponents levels and increasing number of games past decade or two for NTs, atleast in Europe, helps alot. Alot more games then usual, meaning you face way more weaker opponents etc.
What do you mean my dear Osman?

Do you think Messi scored only 71 in 142 bcoz he doesnt like to score against Haiti? He only likes to score against big teams?

·
oic
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not a huge fan of goals/game ratios and least of all in games of the NTs unless we talk about games against the best NTs.
And even so, are we really talking about the best players when they score to the best NTs? Maybe they are just the best poachers!
What do you mean dear Toni?

Do you think Messi only scored 71 in 142 for argentina because he doesnt like to score against El Salvador?

He only likes to score against Brazil and Italy?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
lol, indeed...

BTW I have discovered that Kocsis and me share the birthday (September 21) and we also look a bit alike.
Hopefully I do not die next July 22 since I'm also 49 yo (which means I can't be his reincarnation anyway).
I'm 48, going on 49 and I wish you Godspeed and long health.

Sandor Kocsis was a complete stud, greatest aerial striker of all time and probably the greatest striker to ever play.

You can read about Sandor Kocsis here: https://www.magicalmagyars.com and check out the Sandor Kocsis page. :)

·
Registered
46,784 Posts
What do you mean dear Toni?

Do you think Messi only scored 71 in 142 for argentina because he doesnt like to score against El Salvador?

He only likes to score against Brazil and Italy?
I don't need to prove Messi is better than all the Brazilian players who have a better goals/game ratio than him, if it is what you mean. And the reason is one: I'm not a fanboy of Messi and I'm not Argentinian either. I just mean that the goals/game ratio is a poor way to rate players who are not pure poachers. I have just read something similarly wrong about Gullit in the other thread (in which your theory is that Gullit is rated just for the hairstyle lol)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts