Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Leeds and i support Valencia, which is a real problem.
all me mates think that i am a glory supporter and should support Leeds
obviously i kind of like do support Leeds, i want them to reach the premier league and all, but i cant just stop supporting los che, you cant just convert! love isn't something you can take away from yourself.
obviously my frendz think im talking bullshit, and tell me that i should support a club at least in england, instead of Valencia!

Anyway, do you think we are all glory supporters? should we support the club we live in?
i don't like being called a glory supporter

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
mate feel proud of being yourself and dont let peer pressure direct your feelings and interests, im sure in some years your friends are gonna support you for mayor of Leeds.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
"Support your local team" is one of biggest bullshit existing in football. It is just a game, a way to have fun. If you have to support a local team as if it were a dogma, what's the fun in that? Anyone should just support whoever they like, regardless if it is a team in your own street or 5000 kilometers away. The moment you are somewhat obliged to support a specific team rather than it being a free choice, I cannot imagine the fun in that and then what's the point of it all?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mate feel proud of being yourself and dont let peer pressure direct your feelings and interests, im sure in some years your friends are gonna support you for mayor of Leeds.
thanks only one problem, the guy who says it to me is like 2 ft taller than me!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Anyway, do you think we are all glory supporters? should we support the club we live in?
Hmmm..Being told/forced to do something regardless of your opinion on it...there's a term for that, I'm sure.

Support who you want mate.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Support whoever you want, just don't change teams every month like certain people here on XT...*cough* overcla...*cough*calcio10*cough*!

Phew...must be catching some kinda cold :eek:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
obviously i kind of like do support Leeds, i want them to reach the premier league and all, but i cant just stop supporting los che, you cant just convert! love isn't something you can take away from yourself.
obviously my frendz think im talking bullshit, and tell me that i should support a club at least in england, instead of Valencia!

WTF :eek:

·
Registered
27,401 Posts

Why do you support Valencia?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Does this mean I should be supporting those damn Red Bullers? :moan: And to think they f-in left my state those bitches! F the Red Bull! Long live Metrostars!!!!

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
suddenly that's a thing you ain't gonna win for a long time so hush. Besides i dont really care about leeds, support whoever you want

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
"Support your local team" is one of biggest bullshit existing in football. It is just a game, a way to have fun. If you have to support a local team as if it were a dogma, what's the fun in that? Anyone should just support whoever they like, regardless if it is a team in your own street or 5000 kilometers away. The moment you are somewhat obliged to support a specific team rather than it being a free choice, I cannot imagine the fun in that and then what's the point of it all?
:howler: who said it should be fun? I didn't choose my team, my main team, and at the moment it's definitely not 1% of fun. Excitement, passion, proudness... these are words that come up in my mind when I think of my GLUBB, and at the moment it's more frustration and anger. ;) Not fun.

@wariss: Do you come from Leeds? It's not that you're a glory hunter, glory hunters would have changed their opinion about Valencia this season. ;)

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
suddenly that's a thing you ain't gonna win for a long time so hush. Besides i dont really care about leeds, support whoever you want
A long time, if you can win it. Id say we could easily win that cup in 5 years time at a max.

I mean you won a cup which none of the top teams (bar Chelski) take seriously.

Are you still in for the double ? Or are you not in the Reserve league title race ?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Are you honestly telling me lafa if you won that cup, even when you were in the EPL, you wouldn't celebrate? Yeah right :rollani:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
:howler: who said it should be fun? I didn't choose my team, my main team, and at the moment it's definitely not 1% of fun. Excitement, passion, proudness... these are words that come up in my mind when I think of my GLUBB, and at the moment it's more frustration and anger. ;) Not fun.

@wariss: Do you come from Leeds? It's not that you're a glory hunter, glory hunters would have changed their opinion about Valencia this season. ;)
If someone would force you to support for example Hertha or Schalke for whatever reason (family ties, place of birth, whatever, ...) , would you still enjoy football as much? Yes, football can have frustrating moments but at least you have chosen your own club to support, it was your own free choice. The "the club chose me" is nonsense, there are so many people who support another club than their father and grandfather, or who chose to support a far away team instead of the local team that all his friends support.

In the end, football is and remains a hobby and not a matter of life and death. The moment I feel forced to support a club instead of enjoying it, I will just quit. I have gone through some pretty troubled times with my own club, but it is the club I voluntarely wished to go through it with. It was not like people told me what club to support.

Gloryhunters IMO are people who ditch a club when it becomes less succesful, moving on to another club that wins trophies. Supporting a team far away from home is not gloryhunting as long as your feelings for the club are sincere and as long as you really care for the club. It is and remains a form of entertainment and fun, so just support whatever team brings you most joy. If it is your local club then fine, if it is a team in Japan or Cuba then fine as well!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
If someone would force you to support for example Hertha or Schalke for whatever reason (family ties, place of birth, whatever, ...) , would you still enjoy football as much? Yes, football can have frustrating moments but at least you have chosen your own club to support, it was your own free choice. The "the club chose me" is nonsense, there are so many people who support another club than their father and grandfather, or who chose to support a far away team instead of the local team that all his friends support.

In the end, football is and remains a hobby and not a matter of life and death. The moment I feel forced to support a club instead of enjoying it, I will just quit. I have gone through some pretty troubled times with my own club, but it is the club I voluntarely wished to go through it with. It was not like people told me what club to support.
Try telling that to Shankly.

Gloryhunters IMO are people who ditch a club when it becomes less succesful, moving on to another club that wins trophies. Supporting a team far away from home is not gloryhunting as long as your feelings for the club are sincere and as long as you really care for the club. It is and remains a form of entertainment and fun, so just support whatever team brings you most joy. If it is your local club then fine, if it is a team in Japan or Cuba then fine as well!

Try telling that to McCarthy ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts