Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to have another crack at Glasgow Celtic, running the game with the new patch in place.

Celtic Football Club

Founded: 1888
Ground: Celtic Park, Glasgow
Capacity: 60832

Major Honours:

European Cup
Champions:1966/67
Finalists:1966/67, 1969/70
Semi Finalists:1966/67, 1969/70, 1971/72, 1973/74
Quarter Finals:: 1966-67, 1968/69, 1969/70, 1971/72, 1973/74, 1979/80

Uefa Cup
Finalists: 2002/03
Quarter Finals: 2003/04

League
39 x Winners

Scottish Cup
33x Winners

League Cup
12x Winners

Analysis of the sqaud: can compete at domesic level but needs strenghtening, will not be good enough to compete in europe without substantial strengthening, which is unlikely to take place in season 1, given available funding.

Finances: Not great.

Board expecations: The title.

Fan expectations : The title.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Celtic Hire Clark

10 July 2005

Celtic have taken a dramatic step by hiring unknown manager Derek Clark. The 30 year old Scot has never managed at club level, however claims to have years of experience in football simulation game Championship Manager. Celtic chairman Brian Quinn advises that his lack of experience in real-world situations will not hinder him.

Clark himself belives he is the man for the job. "I will give this club my all, and I will attempt to deliver the title".

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The board's expectations are the title. They have given me a wage budget of £330k, and a transfer budget of £5.3m.

I have a number of targets and should announce signings over the next few days. A number of agreements are already in place.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Tanel. I am currently working on signings. Hope to announce some in the next 3-4 days. Want to make sure I get it right from the beginning.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Good luck with Bhoys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clark signs 5

18 July 2005

Derek Clark has announced 5 signings today:

23 year old Ajax LWB Maxwell joins on a 1.3m deal. The Brazilian with explosive pace will be part of a more cultured and stylish team, that is rumoured to be playing with a sweeper.

Karl Svensson, SW/DC may be that man. The £400k signing from Malmo is a great tackler, but is not blessed with out and out pace.

Craig Gordon, the 22 year old Hearts GK, joins on a £450k deal.

Derek Riordan, the young Hibs Striker, joins on a £450k deal.

Finally, Celtic announce the signing of ex-Manchester United kid John Curtis. The right-sided defender joins on a £600k deal and is rumoured to be in the running to play in front of the sweeper with Celtic star Bobo Balde.

Clark commented on the signings "We have made moves to strengthen in almost every area. We have spent £3.2m so far, and there will be more spent. Look out for a couple of more moves to strenthen the team."

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Celtic land Heitinga, and some players leave the club

20 July 2005

Celtic today landed highly rater Ajax stopper John Heitinga, on a 3 year deal. He comes at a price of £3m, which has been offset by the departures of Alan Thompson (£2.4m), Du Wei (£600k), Artur Boruc (loan terminated), Stan Varga (£500k), and Stephen Pearson (£1.8m).

Boss Clark admits that nont of the players who left would have featured in his long term plans. "the players who left were past their best, not settled in the country, or not in my long term plans for the team. We also saved a considerable amount in terms of the wage budget, which will allow me to bring in 1, possibly 2 more faces before the transfer window shuts. I am on the look out for a right-winger, and a striker. I am aiming for classy europeans who can slot straight into my plans. More will be announced soon".

Hetinga: "Celtic are ambitious and I see no reason why they cannot go all the way with sustained improvements in the squad. It is already shaping up to be compact and quality, howver there is always room for improvement. We want to be up there with the big boys and in Clark Celtic have a manager who can take them places".

The signing and the recent few who have joined bode well for Celtic who are looking for a classy, pacey, quality style of play. With friendlies shaping up next week, we should see what Celtic are made of, first with Stuttgart in Germany.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Friendly report

24 July 2005

Stuttgart 1 V 0 Celtic
Cerevic 44

Celtic's new look team and style of play ultimately fell a little short away to Stuttgart. It was a hard test for the team, and it showed as Stuttgart were all over them in the first 20 mins. Their nerve held until just before half time when the offside trap was sprung and Stuttgart took a deserved lead.

Second half Celtic grew into the game and threw everything but the kitchen sink at Stuttgart. Lack of firepower told and Stuttgart hung on for the win. Close fought encounter that perhaps should have ended in a draw.

Celtic Team:
Code:
                         Gordon

Heitinga (SW/C)
         Curtis (DC)             Svensson (DC)

Agathe (WB/R)                                   Maxwell (WB/L)
               Lennon (MC) Petrov (MC) Nakamura (MC)

Hartson (FC)     Zurawski (FC)
Substitutions: Riordan (63), Telfer (80), Sutton (80)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
laoch said:
Code:
                         Gordon

Heitinga (SW/C)
         Curtis (DC)             Svensson (DC)

Agathe (WB/R)                                   Maxwell (WB/L)
               Lennon (MC) Petrov (MC) Nakamura (MC)

Hartson (FC)     Zurawski (FC)
I like your team Laoch, just a suggestion, what about pushing Perov forward to AMC?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may well push Petrov forward. I signed a great DM - who is non-EU and i needed the squad space. I have 2 great scottish keepers, one of whom will be a future great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts