Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so fustrated :sigh:

I dont know where i heard that Rafa want's 30m for the summer to have a good chanse to beat Chelsea for the Premiership. We definetly need a striker, a right winger and a defensive midfielder.

If yes, who are we gonna buy?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
That's the thing, I think he'll be given the money, but who's available? This might sound preposterous, but what about RVN? It looks like he's on his way out in the summer.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Deo, We dont need another DM.

I think we need 2 forwards, prefferably 2 styles, who arent agonisingly slow, have a work ethic and a proven track record, plus a right winger.

Kujit, Torres and Wright-Phillips would be great.I only say Torres because i think we'll make a run at him this summer, i think he's gone stale in Madrid and i wouldnt take the risk personally, hopefully he'd be rejuvenated here.

If Owen has inserted clauses in his Toon contract like missing out on Europe or an acceptable buy out clause the 1st thing i'd do is take Newcastle to the cleaners.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
well if the board do not give Rafa atleast 20m pounds, then they are tight and do not have the ambition that our club deserves, are they idiots, this summer is the most vital for us.

it was same as the last world cup summer where after finishing 2nd with 80 points we needed the wingers to really kick ourself the extra mile and give a good team the creativity it lacked.

Ged messed up, he signed cheyou, diouf and diao who all turned out cack and by the time Harold was in, Ged's boat was sinking.

We cannot make any mistakes in this transfer window, but we need the money to really go for the targets we need. This transfer winger will dictate howe far this benitez team will go. it is vital more important than last summers transfer window.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
the summer will be vital, i think as lnog as we dont try to do a save a few million trick like this summer and spend on the real talent we need then i think we'll go a long way in achieving what we want.

Torres for me is a good solution, he's got pace and has talent, needs a move to realise his potential and be liberated of the presssures of atleti (maxi will not like me saying this :D), a swap with Moro and money is the obvious choice.

Selling Cisse is complicated, no one will pay big money and he'll probably not go in exchanges.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
we might need a DM if sissoko doesnt recover. hamann is getting any younger

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be willing to pay up to 15m for a good striker. We need someone that has the expirience and ability to score for us. If i would have a free choice betwen our targets, i would say without thinking twice, Owen. There are many reasons why but above all, he simply knows the EPL, i fear that Villa, Torres or Kuyt would not adapt here.
As for the Right winger, i didnt realy think much about it, what happend to Victor?

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Kuyt i think is ideal, Owen will be ahrd to engineer, both sides will want the other to do the running, Torres is also a good option.

as for RW, i want SWP but again it will be hard, if we cant get him then i'll go for Joaquin or Castelen.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
you crazy, his price will have sky roceted, we lost out on him and have to accept it, i dont think we'll be able to get him again, shame as we were the first team to really show a genuine interest. if we do get him, our midfield would be strengthened and get the right balance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't know if it would be worth it to blow our wad on Torres. The guy is outstanding, but doesn't have quite the goal tally we're after. I can't see a kid like that doing well at Liverpool. He seems a bit too Spanish.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
bit too spanish :googly:

A lot of people never thought Villa would do well, now he's La Seleccion's biggest hope in world cup 2006 :D.

Torres has proven ability, i know he doesnt have the gaols but he has the potential, Cisse scored tonnes of goals in Le Championnat but nowadays he can't score for joke.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Defoe and Baptista are certs

·
Registered
747 Posts
SIMAO!!!!!!!!!

...I want Simao for Liverpool now, I want Messi :tongue: imagine how great our right wong will be with those two wingers... :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
we don't really need a left back...Riise can take that role very well, and with Warnock as a great potential it should be fine for the moment...so that leaves enough for 1-2 strikers, a winger and a def mid.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts