Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget Ronaldo,Messi and Torres only one player should win the various awards this season and is name is Iker Casillas.Was best player in La Liga and the best keeper in the world.And unlike Torres and Ronaldo was brilliant in the Euros did not concede a goal in the knock out rounds.And was the hero in the pen shootout vs Italy.Casillas the only player to be best in his league.And one of the best in the Euros.Madrid fans apart who else is on this bandwagon

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
And unlike Torres and Ronaldo was brilliant in the Euros did not concede a goal in the knock out rounds
I thought Torres was great at the Euro, scored the winning goal, assisted Villa in scoring a goal all when he had that incompetent manager replacing him every match after half time regardless if Torres has been great or not.

Casillas is ridiculously consistent, the only thing which he's better at then Buffon is PK's. But I think Buffon still remains the best, he is a big character and more imposing IMO when it comes to organising his defence.

Casillas top 5 :thumbsup: but I doubt whether they would consider him

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Torres was ok at Euros and scored winner in final.But many people will tell you that Villa and Pavechenko were the 2 best forwards Euros

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
That is a very valid argument. I just think cristiano was extra good during the CL campaign which plays a huge part

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
No friggin way. The last time a goalkeeper won this was even before Inter's last European Cup win :eekani:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Forget Ronaldo,Messi and Torres only one player should win the various awards this season and is name is Iker Casillas.Was best player in La Liga and the best keeper in the world.And unlike Torres and Ronaldo was brilliant in the Euros did not concede a goal in the knock out rounds.And was the hero in the pen shootout vs Italy.Casillas the only player to be best in his league.And one of the best in the Euros.Madrid fans apart who else is on this bandwagon
Briliant at euros :confused:. Good. Yes. But brilliant...

Forget Casillas,Messi and Torres only one player should win the various awards this season and is name is Cristiano Ronaldo. Was best player in premiere league and the best player in the world. And unlike casillas was brilliant in the CL top scored in the competition. And was the hero in the CL final vs chelsea. Ronaldo the only player to be the best in his league. And the best in the CL. United fans apart who else is on the bandwagon.

Probably wont need the bandwagon...
My choice would be,

1) Ronaldo
2) Torres
3) Casillas

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
All of which deserve it more than Iker.

This bias you have against Cristiano is hilarious henryrules. He's going to win it and he deserves it. Deal with it. :pp

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of which deserve it more than Iker.

This bias you have against Cristiano is hilarious henryrules. He's going to win it and he deserves it. Deal with it. :pp
He does not deserve it anyway remember also there are precendents why he should not win.

2002 Zidane best player that season went to WC as the best in the world what happend was injured and played one game and France go out in group stages which player won the award Ronaldo.

2004 Forget Sheva and Dinho Henry was the best that season scored more goals assist more goals put in the best performance out the 3 players as well.Went to the Euros as the best.Only 2 goals in the event ended up with no awards.

2006.Ronaldinho helped Barca to a double in winning La liga and ucl.Went to the WC 06 and flopped and who won the awards.Cannavaro.

2008.Many people said Ronaldo was the best but how many MOM was he in big games this season not a lot.Went to Euros and flopped he has all things in common with these players i have put here.So this is why Casillas the best in La liga and one the players who helped Spain to win it as well.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Give what to Iker? He does not deserve any award that Buffon has not received.
Pretty much. Buffon should've won it in 2006, the fact that he didn't shows that keepers have pretty much no chance to win it anyway.

Oh and surprise, surprise. Henryrules with another thread about how someone else deserves it more than Cristiano Ronaldo. FFS.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Keepers should have their own award tbh. It's too different from outfield players to make a fair comparable judgement.

How in the world can anyone sit here and make an argument that Messi is better than Casillas (although there's stupid enough people on here to do it)? You can't, because keepers aren't comparable to the rest.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I think for Iker to be mention with the names of Messi and other world class player gives and indication of his contribution and decisive goal keeping and the effect it had both on club & country.

With out Iker would Real Madrid or Spain be the champions?

·
Major
1,342 Posts
I think for Iker to be mention with the names of Messi and other world class player gives and indication of his contribution and decisive goal keeping and the effect it had both on club & country.

With out Iker would Real Madrid or Spain be the champions?
spain. probably yes

madrid. surely no

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I will never forget that save on that penalty by De Rossi, no other goalie would've reacted that fast to that shot. Nobody :proud:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Give what to Iker? He does not deserve any award that Buffon has not received.
That is like saying Cannavaro should not won before Maldini and Baresi who were both better players than.I agree Cannavaro should not of won it.However my point in saying Casillas was the best in La Liga last season.And one of the best in Euros sureley means he must be the 1st choice for the award.Because what other player had a great club season and a great euros.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts