Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Giuseppe Pancaro (Milan)
He’s Serie A’s answer to Roberto Carlos right now for the way he is attacking down that left flank. That may be a slight exaggeration but nobody thought he would have been this useful to the Rossoneri. He’s unbeatable in defence and is also proving to be an effective assist man. A splendid signing. "

that's what channel 4 said, and i couldn't agree more...
first i though we wouldn't miss him very much, but now....
last night we even used zauri as left back!
i thought zauri was a midfielder huh :)
anyhow, seems like we have not that much options on the back, as colonesse doesn't play EVER and now favalli also wants to go to liverpool....
seems we need new defenders... OR get pancake back ;)

you agree ?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and by the way, sorry for my upset comments yesterday on the derby thread :) i really was mad i guess :depress:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Pancaro was a lot worse last season and wanted to move. Simple as that. Plus, we need younger players like Zauri.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
News is that he goes to Disco's etc. a bit less now. Don't know weather it's true or not but that's what is rumoured.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anomander Rake said:
Pancaro was a lot worse last season and wanted to move. Simple as that. Plus, we need younger players like Zauri.
c'mon guy,
so zauri is better then pancaro ??

and that younger- thing... :rolleyes: we all know that for a defender age is not the main importance, but technique & class! look at maldini & costacurta, the latter i even 37 , so pancaro can last 6 years if he follows his example :)

and finally, the thing you said that he wasn't that good last season... maybe that was because he wasn't a starter too! now he took the place of kalaze, and seems like kalaze won't regain his starting place again !

hope that cleared things out :)

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think it was Biancoceleste who said: "Pancaro is the most underrated player in Serie A" ahead of the season. I tend to agree, he needed the transfer to Milan to earn the appreciation he deserved/deserves. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree!
if we really wanted to sell a defender, for christ sake sell NEGRO ! useless :rolleyes: .... and sayin' that parma wanted him in summer 2001 !!! he was linked in swap deal with money+ for fabio canna... we should have done that !

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Yes, Pancaro of last season was worse than Zauri of this season. After all, our management are not prophets to know that he will improve so much this season.;) And Albertini has been useful for us. Furthermore, Negro is not useless, he has played some very good matches this season but is injured too often.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
...but nobody thought he would have been this useful to the Rossoneri.
Channel 4 is showing their glaring ignorance on football again.

Pancaro last season was not very good but I agree we should have kept him anyway because he is a quality player. I don't think I've said he's the most underrated player in Serie A. That kind of bold statement doesn't sound like me. :)

But I have often said he's a very solid player who gets the job done without ever being spectacular. He's the kind of player whose qualities aren't noticed unless he's in your own team. An intelligent signing by Milan.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Laudrup said:
he needed the transfer to Milan to earn the appreciation he deserved/deserves. :)
:howler:

but anyway :)

Pancaro was/is a player who does his job. As Jakob said, nothing spectacular, but he was always consistent and reliable. Milan made a smart move signing him.

Pancaro is for me one of the players i will always appreciate. :)

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Ehehe a quick search and a proof that my memory isn't exactly as blurred as first assumed. :D

Biancoceleste in the thread 'Early impressions' said:
Most underrated player: Jankulovski, Pancaro, Cesar

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
That's why I said: "isn't exactly as blurred..." :D

Instead of being annoyed you should be honoured that I've remembered your words for 5 months.:pp;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys...he's comming back next season, plus we got Albertini for his 2 year loan.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Alright, let me get things straight, Pancaro is on loan at Milan or was he included in a deal which saw Albertini join us? IMO, Zauri has the potential to become a very good player, with Favalli leaving Lazio, Zauri will most probably take over his place, I mean Zauri is a very versatile player, we have seen him play left back, right back, left wing and right wing, he can play anywhere on the wings, be it in attack or defense, thats what makes him very useful. I think

Negro is still a very good player for us, he just needs to get clear from his injuries and he will start to have the consistency to play better each game.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Pancaro is on loan to Milan and I think he will be free transfer this summer. One can assume he will sign the new contract with Milan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts