Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Football Italia

Parma hotshot Alberto Gilardino seems to have his eyes on a transfer to Italian giants Milan.

The youngster has been heavily linked with the Rossoneri and he now admits he’d be happy to join the San Siro outfit.

"It is my dream to play alongside Andriy Shevchenko," he told Controcampo. "I think I would do well alongside him.

"I could play as the main target man, while he could come from a deeper position. There would be nothing better than partnering Sheva.

"He definitely deserves to win the Golden Ball. He always seems to score goals. He’s the best striker around."

Milan are believed to be interested in the Azzurri ace even if the club have recently ruled out any January signings.

But Gilardino has seemingly opened the door for a switch as soon as the transfer window opens in the New Year.

"Parma and myself have come to an agreement that I will remain until June but football is a strange game," he stated.

Milan do have offensive problems given that only Shevchenko is regularly finding the back of the net.

Pippo Inzaghi is sidelined until February with injury, while both Hernan Crespo and Jon Dahl Tomasson are struggling for form.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dil dil said:
"Parma and myself have come to an agreement that I will remain until June but football is a strange game," he stated.
this means there's something up for january as well..at least a slight chance

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's a done deal it's just a question of when Gila will arrive.We'd love him in january but then we'd be destroying Parma and that won't simply happen.If Lopez is sent off to Parma as is likely then maybe the deal could go ahead in january but I doubt it.
Gila is the difference between Parma staying up and going down at the moment.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Schumy said:
Gila is the difference between Parma staying up and going down at the moment.
...which tells a lot about his quality to singlehandedly lead a team with his goals

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wonder why Gilardino wants Sheva to play a deeper role to support him? This is hilarious! Sheva's finishing skill is above him and Sheva is also a better target man than him.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Chaos said:
I wonder why Gilardino wants Sheva to play a deeper role to support him? This is hilarious! Sheva's finishing skill is above him and Sheva is also a better target man than him.
sheva has always played widely..he's his game since his childhood

·
Registered
303 Posts
Everybody knows that sheva is most effective when played as the main target man. He is the best central foward in the the world.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Chaos said:
Everybody knows that sheva is most effective when played as the main target man. He is the best central foward in the the world.
Sheva is not a target man, he easily scored 24 when playing with Bierhoff which was a true target man. so no, everybody does not know that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
JKris said:
Sheva is not a target man, he easily scored 24 when playing with Bierhoff which was a true target man. so no, everybody does not know that.
But Sheva is now a central forward.. he is not a supporting striker, is he? :dazed:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think we would get the most out of Shevchenko if he was playing as the main striker. Picture a Del Piero, Chevanton, Henry, etc... someone next to him who can create. It would be better than having him create for another striker.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Shev said:
I think we would get the most out of Shevchenko if he was playing as the main striker. Picture a Del Piero, Chevanton, Henry, etc... someone next to him who can create. It would be better than having him create for another striker.
I 100% agree!! :thmbup: I would prefer someone like Tevez or Henry (a dream!) to pair up with Sheva, rather than Gilardino :)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
The Shev said:
That is why I still like to entertain the Cassano option, even if it seems a long shot.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
JKris said:
:thmbup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
barracuda said:
That is why I still like to entertain the Cassano option, even if it seems a long shot.
Don't know if it's true, but apparently the Milan players are not enthusiatic about Cassano possibly joining the squad.

·
Registered
869 Posts
shevchenko al stated plenty of times he doesn't like to stay still and be the target man a la corradi, are you serious?
who knows where sheva plays better than sheva himself?

he moves from flanks to the center..watch his best games juve-milan cl final at manchester for ex

he always starts from a wide position in order not to give referring points to defenders

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Gilardino in Parma pledge Wednesday 1 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma’s Alberto Gilardino has rejected talk of a New Year move to Milan – the club he’ll face on Saturday.

The striker has been heavily associated with the Rossoneri but the player maintains that no switch is imminent.

"To be followed by such a prestigious club is obviously pleasing," he told ‘Studio Sport’ on Wednesday.

"But I would like to underline that I won’t be leaving Parma in January as I still have much to give this shirt.

"Anyway, I really don’t believe that the Italian champions have any need for a new striker after Christmas."

Gilardino has admitted that the Week 14 clash is set to be special, as he made his Serie A debut against Milan five years ago.

"That was an important moment in my career," added the Azzurri international. "It is always emotional for me to play against Milan.

"But I’m just hoping that we can collect some points against the Rossoneri as we really need them right now."

Parma are currently in the relegation zone after picking up just 12 points from 13 games so far.

channel4

1 - 20 of 27 Posts