Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giraudo cleared

Friday 26 November, 2004

Juve’s Managing Director, Antonio Giraudo, has been cleared of all charges concerning the alleged doping scandal surrounding Juventus.

This was the verdict given today by Judge Giuseppe Casalbore after four hours of deliberation.

Doctor Agricola, meanwhile, received a one year and ten month sentence in prison as well as a €2000 fine.

The prosecution were asking for three years and one month for Agricola and two years and one month for Giraudo.

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Juventus doctor convicted in doping case

11/26/2004

ROME (AP) - A judge has convicted a Juventus club doctor for administering banned substances to the soccer team's players during the 1990s, while acquitting the club's chairman, the team said.

Turin Judge Giuseppe Casalbore handed down a jail term on Friday of a year and 10 months to club physician Riccardo Agricola, while acquitting chairman Antonio Giraudo, the Turin-based club's press office said.

Prosecutors had alleged that Juventus players were regularly supplied with drugs, including the banned hormone EPO, during four seasons between 1994 and 1998. They had requested prison terms of three years and two months for Agricola and two years and one month for Giraudo.

The defendants had denied any wrongdoing. Defence lawyers had sought the acquittal of both defendants, arguing there was no evidence that players were given banned substances.

The trial involves one of Italy's most successful and popular soccer clubs. Between 1994 and 1998, the Turin team won three Italian league titles, one Champions League title and the Intercontinental Cup.

The decision comes six years after allegations by then-AS Roma coach Zdenek Zeman triggered judicial inquiries.

Zinedine Zidane, Roberto Baggio and Alessandro Del Piero are among the current and former players at the club who have given evidence at the trial.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
naah,, we didn't drop to Serie B cuz we cheat like milan ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I guess some things never change....:eek: How ironic...:tongue:

Cheers.;)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong about my earlier statement san siro ;)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Nah, those idiots could have made it better as the poster aint up to date with that, already, unfashionable logo.
Details matter.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Juve’s lawyer Luigi Chiappero said:

“The one raw point is Agricola’s penalty, even if it’s unlikely the Court of Appeal will uphold it. We will prove that Agricola did not commit any crime and the only thing he was charged with was the prescription of EPO

is it me or does that sound like a confession ? :yawn:

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I know why Canna is always fit and ready to play... :D :pp

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Hard not feel cheated.. just a little bit.

Glen's love is still pure and not at all clouded by a thin blissful film of self-delusion though. In a world of cynicism, this LOVE is to be applauded :proud:

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok from this day onwards their name has changed from Rubentus to Dopentus. :D

Cacini, great work by the Roma fans. :thmbup: Sorry for bad mouthing them and Roma a while back !

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Of course he was going to get cleared,As if they would've put him in Jail anyway.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts