Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it's nothing else but securing the direct CL qualification. Udinese are flying high as they are in 5 game winning streak. This will also be Maldini's 900th official match with Milan:proud::eek:.

Last 5 games:

Udinese:
Lazio 1-3 Udinese
Udinese 3-0 Atalanta
Chievo 1-2 Udinese
Udinese 3-1 Fiorentina
Reggina 0-2 Udinese

Milan:
Milan 1-1 Juventus
Catania 0-2 Milan
Milan 3-0 Palermo
Milan 5-1 Torino
Chievo 0-1 Milan

Forza Milan!

·
Registered
59,764 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yeah

January 20, 1985 against Udinese!!

900 games!! What a legend!!!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
anyone can confirm, will zapata be playing?
It will be nice to watch his performance against his future club :happy:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
My preferred line-up:

--------------------Kalac---------------------------
Flamini------Maldini--------Senderos-----Zambrotta--
---------Beckham---Pirlo--Ambrosini-----------------
---------------------Kaka--------------------------
----------Pato--------------------------------------
---------------------------Inzaghi------------------

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
We always beat udinese. Let's give Mattioni a chance, drop ponce spice, and play flamini, pirlo and ambro in mid.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
900 games is absolutely incredible :proud: I wonder if it can every be repeated, and repeated in one club at the highest level at that. :) Maldinis trophy cabinet dwarfs those of most clubs!

Anyway, very hard game, I am glad we have a cushion down to Juve, I want 2nd place!

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
The problem with Flamini at RB is that he can't cross. Sometimes he gets into great positions on the wing but his ball in is just terrible.

Hopefully during the pre-season for the coming campaign he'll take that aspect seriously and improve on it, if he wants to continue at RB that is..

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
The problem with Flamini at RB is that he can't cross. Sometimes he gets into great positions on the wing but his ball in is just terrible.

Hopefully during the pre-season for the coming campaign he'll take that aspect seriously and improve on it, if he wants to continue at RB that is..
yep,

but he won't be able to improve on it significantly

you will need a new RB also

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
anyone can confirm, will zapata be playing?
It will be nice to watch his performance against his future club :happy:

That and we can see how D'Agostino does. ;) I doubt we will go after him but I think he could easily fill a couple of roles in the midfield. He can play anywhere from behind the forwards to a Pirlo-esque role.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

With Beckham on the right, Flamini's cross ability is less of an issue, and he more than makes up for it with his tackling, covering and stamina. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Yeah, but that doesn't fit the description of a RB. He should be a DM then.
Definitely crosses better than Oddo. Not saying much at all here, but...

Without him against Juve we would have lost by at least 2.
Even if the donkey ate him alive on their goal.

I think he can improve with his crosses, Flaimini is a player that has shown in his brief career that he can adapt very well to any position, I do not see why he can't improve in the crossing department.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I think it's more than fine with a Beckham Flamini flank. It's actually pretty top notch.

Left wing can be the less solid, more offensive side with Zambrotta and especially Jankulovski.
Although he's a defensive liability you notice when he's on the pitch (especially when he subs in) that the rest of the team places alot of confidence in him.
Too much really, sometimes instead of playing around to unlock a defense everyone from Max to Kaka to Pirlo to Pato all look to Jankulovski to do it all and we end up onesided with crosses from the left coming in the rest of the game.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Yeah, but that doesn't fit the description of a RB. He should be a DM then.

All those elements (tackling, covering, stamina) perfectly suit a full-back. In fact without those a full-back is rather useless.

Definitely crosses better than Oddo. Not saying much at all here, but...

Without him against Juve we would have lost by at least 2.
Even if the donkey ate him alive on their goal.

I think he can improve with his crosses, Flaimini is a player that has shown in his brief career that he can adapt very well to any position, I do not see why he can't improve in the crossing department.

Oddo is strange, his crossing used to be good. It just seems he ceased the ability to apply the technique. You're right that Flam can improve his crossing and the more he plays as a full-back the more accustomed he will be at performing in that role.

Back to the Udi game.... we're so close now to being 100% qualified for the CL so hopefully the players will be well motivated to make that final push and pick up all three points. We need to play better than we did against Juve.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oddo is strange, his crossing used to be good.
It's indeed strange that Oddo's best crosses were in his debut game, after that usually just shit. Then in his Bayern debut his crosses were great again if I remember correctly and after that again bad (what I've heard. I haven't seen many Bayern games this season).

1 - 20 of 121 Posts