Xtratime Community banner

Giornata 9: Roma vs Sampdoria

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  piotrek:) 
#1 ·
Away to the Olimpico we go.Roma Have Vucinic-Baptista out. Their scoring threat will be Totti.

On the other hand we will miss both Palomobo & Campagnoro.

If the same roma of Palermo, Udinese & Inter show up. I am certain we can win this game.

In Belucci-Cassano we trust

#2 ·
Yeah, a lot will depend on Roma. If they decide to vent their fury on us and play like they did last year we're in trouble, but at the same time they'll be very fragile and nervous, so if we frustrate them and then ideally score a goal they might completely lose it.

As for us, Lucchini will return alongside Gastaldello and Accardi, and then I'd expect there to be a mild turn-over in midfield, e.g. Dessena might start, possibly Stanke.

#3 ·
Players called up:

Portieri. Castellazzi, Fiorillo, Mirante.

Difensori. Accardi, Bottinelli, Gastaldello, Lucchini.

Centrocampisti. Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Krsticic, Padalino, Pieri, Sammarco, Stankevicius, Ziegler.

Attaccanti. Bellucci, Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli.

No surprises there, luckily Gastaldello makes it after missing yesterday's training because of a knock.

#4 ·
#8 ·
ouch, i would agree about bonazzoli a few weeks ago, but with his massive game against partizan. i think that not a big gap although that i`m a fan of bellucci as you know.

ragarding to stanke and padalino, has padalino played 2 games in row or proved himself as a better choice on the right side.

#12 ·
oh, you can`t neglect his show in that game. simply you don`t like him and it`s as your opinion at caracciolo last season too. :D

then,don`t forget that bellucci may need some weeks to show his best. :hopeful:
which show? :confused:

Bonazzoli scored one important goal but so did Dessena. Truth is that in serie A we have hardly faced a team playing so open as Partizan, infact the score of Bonazzoli in serie A is 0.
Sampdoria not ToniSamp got rid of Caracciolo after a few months, proving me right, while Bonazzoli has not been sold cause no one offered enough money and Sampdoria invested 6 million euros on him.

#13 ·
which show? :confused:

Bonazzoli scored one important goal but so did Dessena. Truth is that in serie A we have hardly faced a team playing so open as Partizan, infact the score of Bonazzoli in serie A is 0.
Sampdoria not ToniSamp got rid of Caracciolo after a few months, proving me right, while Bonazzoli has not been sold cause no one offered enough money and Sampdoria invested 6 million euros on him.
well said and respect that. then you mean that bonzzoli did well vs partizan because the serbian team did open the game while he doesn`t find the same chance against serie a teams. i agree with that but us don`t forget he also isn`t supported well by samp midfielder while bona is a box player. i`m not trying to find out an excuse for him but that`s a real. cassano is coming from behind, creating his dangerous or score with a bit lower control on him.

#14 ·
bfor his injury i usd 2 realy like bonazzoli .........he and flachi wer duin pretty gud imo .......... he den got injurd ........r season deterioratd .......flachi got hi ......... and nw he is not da same ..........

remembr his gol .......... dat volley .......... dat was great ............was it against chievo?

anyway bonazoli is startin against roma and not bellucci i believ altho dis game is not on tv .............was hopin it wud b :moan:

#17 ·
Match abandoned after just 5 minutes and 20 seconds due to water-logged pitch. Not sure when it'll get played seeing as both teams have a lot of commitments (serie A + Europe).

On the one hand I was very worried about playing Roma when they're so desperately in need of results, but then again the chances are they'll have discovered some form by the time we do play them, and are unlikely to be in such bad shape.

In the immediate future I guess it means we'll be fresh for Torino on Sunday - another must-win game given our precarious league position.

#20 ·
bogliaschino said:
Match abandoned after just 5 minutes and 20 seconds due to water-logged pitch. Not sure when it'll get played seeing as both teams have a lot of commitments (serie A + Europe).
an important point. the new date for this game should be in appropriate for both sides.. at least in any week where there will be no european or cup games.

#21 ·
Looks like it might be 14th January. The only date nearer was 12th November, but Roma aren't happy with that because they have the derby after that (which seems like a feeble excuse..), and the next convenient date is apparently in the new year.

Roma will still be w/o the suspended Vucinic and Mexes, but I can't imagine they'll still be in such a poor shape by then.

#22 ·
The postponment favors roma, as its highly probable Spalletti wont be there. He is a joke of a coach. The stupid guy made us a terrible team , and then David Platt took over. Other teams complained on Platt's coaching license so he left us & Spalletti was brought back in. With him, we went down , down & down(got relegated). Stupid coach, hope we never see him here again ever.

#23 ·
No, you really can't blame our down-fall on Spaletti, although he obviously had an important part to play. We had a completely unbalanced team (in theory great going forward, but awful at the back), bad luck with injuries and referrees, and then the whole Platt thing was pretty ridiculous and self-inflicted.

The fact is that Spaletti did great at Udinese and has had Roma playing some great football until this year. Something's clearly gone wrong now, but I don't think you can just say it's his fault!

Having said that, I agree that Roma will definitely be in better shape come January. At the same time, they probably won't be as pissed off as they would've been on Wednesday, which could've been a problem for us. Who knows what's better, the important thing is that we destroy Torino on Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.