Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take the risk and steal fats' job, or better, I save fats and keep his "talent" for better moments, cause there is no way we are going to make something good out of this game.
In spite of the draw with Catania or I should say exactly because of the two points they incredibly lost with Catania in a game they should have won easily by a 3 or 4 goals margin, Juventus will come to Marassi and kick our precious ass. Now the question is just "how many goals will we concede?". Our defenders had a pretty good performance against Siena but Juventus do not have Maccarone, Frick and Calaiò in attack. They have Amauri, Iaquinta, Giovinco and above all Del Piero.
Gastaldello will be available, but I'm not sure that he will start. Of course it's between Bottinelli and him. Unless a new and nth injury rules a defender out and gives us a certainty. Ziegler surely out, replaced by Pieri, while it would not surprise me if Mazzarri decided to start with Dessena on the right flank, keeping Stanke out. I believe that Dessena will start somewhere on the pitch anyway. Then there is not much else which can be debated, since we have just 17-18 players available right now and Fornaroli is simply not trusted. Maybe Mazzarri will opt for Delvecchio instead of Bonazzoli or simply replace Sammarco/Franceschini with Delvecchio.
Waiting for news from Bellucci, Padalino and Campagnaro.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the meanwhile Bellucci and Padalino are back: they are training with the companions. Light injuries both for Accardi and Sammarco instead. :rollani:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I'm sure it's not impossible to beat these gobbi. I will keep my fingers crossed, saturday shall be the day of Sampdoria, (supported by the win of Fiorentina against your little ugly toys brothers :lala: )

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
To look on the bright side, and article in Il Secolo reminded me that last year we did score two goals and win our first game, but then didn't score for the next three games, and we also got knocked out by Aalborg and lost 0-5 to Milan before things got better.. Sadly that coincided with Maggio & Cassano returning from injury, so I guess we better hope that Padalino has the same inpact (or Stanke improves considerably).

As for Juve, I'm sure the players will be fired up and put in a good performance, but realistically the best we can hope for is a repeat of the Inter game, when guts and determination scrambled us a point.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The players who have been called up:

Goalies: Castellazzi, Mirante.
Defenders: Accardi, Bottinelli, Gastaldello, Lucchini.
Midfielders: Bonanni, Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Padalino, Palombo, Pieri, Sammarco, Stankevicius, Ziegler.
Forwards: Bellucci, Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli.

so everyone but Campagnaro is available. Will Bellucci play at least some minutes?

EDIT: Bonanni has just been added to the list and I bet that it means that we have two doubtful players. Probably the same Bellucci and Padalino.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buffon out, Trezeguet out, C.Zanetti out, Camoranesi just recovered, Sissoko fasting and now even Legrottaglie out. Juventus are always Juventus but we will hardly face them with more problems than now.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crap start, it's a miracle that we are not 1 goal down. Crap defending, crap attack and the midfield doesn't cover well enough. Tell me what is ok! Luckily Del Piero missed a sitter, but we have already two defenders booked.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cassano is desperate! No one can pass him a ball!

Man, if we don't lose this game just Juventus can be blamed!

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
What a lovely Serie C game this was.

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
Juventus were way worse, and you were more solid in the second, but in general, you were not anywhere good too. Just in the standard of this crappy game, you did well in the second. But your attack is so nonexistant that I never felt threatened.

And Juve was God damn awful in the second, I am no knee-jerker, but I really want Ranieri to be fired.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My ratings:

Mirante 6 - he had just one difficult save, then DP spared him by hitting the post. I don't trust him nevertheless, but tonight he did nothing wrong.
Lucchini 6 - suffered a bit too much at the very beginning but later he managed to control the opponents
Gastaldello 6 - see Lucchini
Accardi 6.5 - better than Lucchini and Gastaldello
Scarsevicius 5 - he is slow and his crosses are slow and unprecise. His shots are horribly wide. He can't defend and can't attack. The ability in throwing in doesn't justify his presence on the pitch
Sammarco 6 - solid performance and one good chance to score
Palombo 6.5 - very solid performance, but the quality... mmm...
Franceschini 6.5 - this is a precious player I like cause he can both help the defense and attack and he actually has the quality
Pieri 6.5 - another precious player both in defense and attack
Cassano 6 - too many mistakes but the team doesn't help him
Delvecchio 5 - a horrible forward

Dessena, Bottinelli and Bonazzoli n.v.

Mazzarri 5 - Unable to find alternatives, he bangs his head against the usual wall. Novellinized

Tonight I give the ratings to Juventus as well:
Manninger 6 - Grygera 6, Mellberg 6, Chiellini 6, Molinaro 6 - Camoranesi 5, Poulsen 6, Sissoko 6.5 (but he is a killer), Nedved 5.5 - Amauri 5, Del Piero 6
(Iaquinta n.v.)
Ranieri 5

·
Registered
59,904 Posts
You guys gunning for Inter's draws record achieved in Mancio's debut season? :tongue:

No seriously, only the Chievo result could count as a disappointment, nothing shameful about dropping points against us, Juve and this Lazio. Siena are annoying over at their place, too.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys gunning for Inter's draws record achieved in Mancio's debut season? :tongue:

No seriously, only the Chievo result could count as a disappointment, nothing shameful about dropping points against us, Juve and this Lazio. Siena are annoying over at their place, too.
With Delvecchio or Bonazzoli in attack we won't win many games for sure. Mancini is warned! :pp

·
Registered
823 Posts

Actually, I tend to agree with this point of view. Yes we lack a decent striker, and don't look like scoring, and Bonazzoli is quite simply not up to it. These things are hardly Mazzarri's fault.

I would have signed up to draws with Inter and Juve before the season started, and a 5 - 0 win against Kaunas makes me think we can improve in the league also. It's easy to say they are rubbish, but they did knock out last year's UEFA cup finalists after all!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts