Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see if I can rediscover my away luck from last year..

We've got Siena away tomorrow, and the squad is pretty much the same as at the week-end, with the addition of Campanella, a young defender who's arrived from Avellino. Gastaldello is included although he didn't train yesterday, but will hopefully make it.

Portieri. Castellazzi, Mirante.

Difensori. Accardi, Bottinelli, Campanella, Gastaldello, Lucchini.

Centrocampisti. Bonanni, Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Palombo, Pieri, Sammarco, Stankevicius, Ziegler.

Attaccanti. Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli, Marilungo.

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
Primocanale talks about last chance for Mirante, but my hope is that he failed the last chance vs Chievo! I have always blamed Castellazzi for the blunders but if Mirante makes blunders as well then I definitely prefer Castellazzi, who is overall a better goalie.
Other than that I hope that we will survive the 2 games per week tour de force with the injuries, the players recovering, the unfit ones and soon the bans as well.
Without considering the youngsters we have always had from 16 to 18 players available... and this is just the start of the season.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely pissed off that Marotta decided to keep only 5 defenders - I really think we should've kept one of them (probably Volta) until January at least, and this injury crisis is proving that. Ok, so it's bad luck, but we had it last year as well, and it seems Campagnaro especially is pretty injury prone.

It's a shame Mirante has struggled a bit, but I think he's got two more games to show what he's worth as I think Mazzarri will want to wait 'til the Kaunas game to try out Castellazzi in a competitive match again.

Anyway, we beat Siena last year and in pre-season, so hopefully we'll go into this game pretty confidently and get a much-needed result.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to Il Secolo, Ziegler will play on the left (to rest Pieri and give us more of an attacking threat, seeing as Stanke is quite defensive on the right), Gastaldello isn't fit enough to play and so it'll be Bottinelli-Accardi-Lucchini at the back, while up front we'll go with Bonazzoli rather than Delvecchio.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, loaning out Volta was widely considered a stupid move by everyone when it happened, and it's quite clear that it won't go down as Marotta's finest hour in the transfer market.

I guess the rationale was that Stankevivius can always drop back if required, but now that Padalino is out, that cunning plan has gone out of the window.

So at the moment we're one injury away from a complete defensive crisis. I wonder if you can recall players back from loan in Italy?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Il Secolo were right about the line-up, and it seems that Bottinelli is in the centre of defense with Accardi on the left. Anyone got a descent live stream??

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
After 30 minutes I'm rather worried about this embarassing performance, but I wait half time for a more complete comment. In the meanwhile, who knows, a miracle...

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
Il Secolo were right about the line-up, and it seems that Bottinelli is in the centre of defense with Accardi on the left. Anyone got a descent live stream??
myp2p.eu

and Accardi is playing in the middle of the defense, while Bottinelli is playing on the left.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok La Gazzetta have written in the wrong way round then..

Sadly I own a mac which makes a lot of these p2p sites very difficuly or impossible to run. Given how boring the match seems not sure I can be bothered to look into it now!

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
0-0 HT

we are ugly. If this one were the first season of Mazzarri I would think that he is completely clueless cause this team has everything is needed in order not to score a goal in a century. The biggest problem are Stankevicius and Ziegler, who are pretty useless when attacking on the flanks, Ziegler is also pretty useless in defense indeed, while at least Stankevicius is doing his job there. Probably we can't pretend more than that from a rather unskilled player like Stanke, but Ziegler simply doesn't run enough and doesn't support either Cassano in attack or Bottinelli in defense. Marotta should consider selling him in January IMO. The other problem is of course the marble cat, Bonazzoli, in attack. Any forward could be more useful than him. I wonder how Cassano can't be depress in such a loneliness. Ah, Siena are relegation candidates IMO.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess the good news is that we didn't lose or concede a goal. The bad news is that we were impotent going forward against one of serie A's worst teams. Given that we have someone of Cassano's quality (although even he is sadly out of form, missing today's only chance), that's really quite depressing.

It seems that the wing-backs just weren't threatening today, and Bonazzoli-Cassano just don't gel. I know it's easy for us to say from far away, but why not try Fornaroli or Marilungo at the end?? If nothing else they might've brought a bit of enthusiasm, or just something slightly different to make the Siena defense have to think a little bit.

I really can't wait for Bellucci to get back, and am also seriously beginning to doubt Stanke's ability to replace Maggio, and hope Padalino can do better - the early signs were promising.

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
0-0 FT

Unacceptable display. I'm waiting for the interview to Mazzarri. Maybe he will give us an explanation for this performance.

My ratings:

Mirante n.v. - watched the game
Lucchini 6.5 - won the duel with Maccarone
Accardi 6.5 - almost perfect in all but one episode which could cost him a red card
Bottinelli 6.5 - controlled rather easily Frick and later Calaiò
Stanke 5 - see previous posts
Sammarco 5.5 - I expect something more from him than just pressing
Palombo 6.5 - more quantity than quality this time
Franceschini 6.5 - the one who tries to support Cassano
Ziegler 5 - see previous posts
Cassano n.v. - depress
Bonazzoli 4.5 - +0.5 for the attempt to do something different from waiting for the ball in the second half

Dessena 6 for Stanke - dynamic, tries to be useful on the right flank even if it is not his fav position
Delvecchio n.v. for Sammarco - few minutes

·
Registered
46,363 Posts
Mazzarri has not been objective at all in the interview after the game. When asked about the poor performance of the players on the flanks (Stankevicius and Ziegler) Mazzarri talked about a team "reaching the goal line for the cross three times more than any other team". He also talked about a "positive performance", about "wins by judges' scorecards". He just conceded that there should be more precision when crossing and shooting on goal. Bah! I don't mind if he tells us this crop of bs as long as he knows that the truth is different and he behaves consequently.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts