Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably won't finish 4th or even 5th and judging on performances this season probably don't deserve to, we have conceded 52 goals this season in Serie A :eek:, only bottom 3 have conceded more.

Visit from the Flying Donkeys this weekend who are still in relegation trouble and have to be taken seriously as they have suprised many teams season both home and away.

Probable line up:

Artur; Motta, Panucci, Mexes, Riise; Brighi, De Rossi; Baptista, Perrotta, Taddei; Totti

Come on Totti lift the boys, let's keep our pride for the last few weeks, win as many games as possible till the end and then who knows, stranger things have happened. I feel Totti will have a good game this afternoon.

It just wouldn't be Roma if it was all so easy and straightforward, but that's why we all love and support this club, we have chosen it over trophies, ego and glory hunting.

Forza ROMA

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Chievo is one of the best playing clubs of the ritorno.
That 52 goal defense is shocking. :moan:

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,237 Posts
Romanews.eu

ROMA (4-3-1-2): Artur; Motta, Mexes, Panucci, Riise; Taddei, De Rossi, Brighi; Perrotta; Baptista, Totti.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,237 Posts
HT 0-0

Romanews.eu were wrong about the formation, we are actually playing Spall's only one and favorite ;)

Had some chances but nothing special, whistles at the stadium after the end of first half...

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
fcUK rOSELLA

fCUK sPALLETTI
fcKU THE PLAYERS WHO PLAY WITHOUT TARGET AND SPIRIT .

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
it was not a bad performance and in previous seasons today's show would have brought the 3 points, but when the goal didn't arrive we became more desperate and consequently lost our composure.

mexes, totti and menez (in the second half) played well, but motta was great and is an absolutely essential transfer this summer.

i think perrotta should not start the next game, which is now a "must win" after palermo closed the gap on us to one point today.

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Genoa bought Milito for 12 mil euros and Thiago Motta on a free transfer. Together, they are now worth prob 40 mil.
This offseason, we got Baptista and Menez for more than 20 mil. Our investment "strategy" failed.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
i am afraid there is much more to this season than that.

pre-season preparation, injuries, tactics and key relationships inside trigoria (it seems, anyway) are more important reasons than the mercato.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Things could just not get any worse.....wait they just did :frustrat:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Menez is really annoying to watch, sell this player .
that would be a huge mistake. it has been a very difficult season for him and, while he has not always helped himself and can be annoying, he remains one of the most able young players i have seen in recent seasons and should be an important part of our future.

his dribbling, speed, vision and shooting are of such outstanding quality that he can become a genuine world star with the right development.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't sell Menez either, not yet at least, the guy has some talent we should give him a bit of time. Same deal with Baptista, although not as young or talented i think he can be very useful if used properly. There is a few other players i would like to leave before these two definitely.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
We really need to improve if we want to get UEFA Cup in 6th place. The season is falling apart big time. Bad start, good middle, bad finish. Not what you would expect.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
The season is falling apart big time. Bad start, good middle, bad finish.
It is interesting to see that the only good part of the season came when Spalletti got his head out of his ass and played a different formation.

Really is it rocket science or molecular genetics?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.