Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see noone started the thread in my absence - superstition after my recent luck starting away game threads?

Anyway, tough away match against Mazzarri's former team tomorrow, should be a another battle against a relegation-threatened team before our run against direct competitors for Europe start.

Palombo and Accardi are suspended, so Volpi will start then maybe Sala? Campagnaro didn't get called up in the end, though he trained with the team quite a bit this week.

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
I see noone started the thread in my absence - superstition after my recent luck starting away game threads?
Yes. :notlist:

Campagnaro had to be lightly injured but he has been out for 7 games now. As regards Montella, I lost the hope and now I think that he should accept a strong (but strong!) reduction of the wages for the next season or go to hell. Anyway, I think that Marotta has different plans and Montella will leave anyhow.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha, well sorry for not warning anyone, though a large chunk of my absence was down to be not remembering my password which apparently needed changing, and for some reason I couldn't get xtratime to email it to me..

Campagnaro's absence has been a few games longer than expected, while with Montella I was never optimistic once he got injured. You just don't bounce back from your who-knows-how-many knee operation, especially at that age.

If he has any sense he'll accept a huge wage reduction to stay, I really can't see him needing the money now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm worrying about this game. Reggina are not as weak as we think them to be, especially at this crucial time of their relegation battle. They will manage to win at all cost at their home soil. We have to be very careful in this game. It is going to be a very difficoult game. If we can win this, then I can see us go into at least UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
I'm worrying about this game. Reggina are not as weak as we think them to be, especially at this crucial time of their relegation battle.
In spite of the prediction I made I have never thought that they are weak. I just thought that we could be better than them. Up to now I can tell you that I was wrong, infact Reggina have easily controlled the game.

HT 1-0 Brienza (poor defending)

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
And defeat it is. 0-1

Poor performance. We were a bit better as soon as Volpi left the pitch for Bonazzoli, but we hardly caused anxiety to Campagnolo. First game for Fiorillo who replaced Castellazzi (injured) during the second half.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Full time:1 - 0. It's an accetable defeat. Reggina deserve the victory. Hope they could stay up. Good news is Udinese lost too.So next home game against Udinese is decisive.

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
Full time:1 - 0. It's an accetable defeat. Reggina deserve the victory. Hope they could stay up. Good news is Udinese lost too.So next home game against Udinese is decisive.
Definitely. In the end we are once more fighting against them, for the 6th spot this time, while the Champions League spot is a dream, but a dream which will hardly come true. The hope is that we can recover Campagnaro, Mirante and the players who got injured today (Lucchini and Castellazzi), while unfortunately we'll miss Gastaldello and above all Sammarco, both booked and then banned.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
toni, was cassano poor?
Casano tried his best and Samp did well but we didn't do well enough to win the game. I have to say the motivation and determination of survival for Reggina is greater than the motivation and determintaion of going to CL for us. That's the main reason we lost the game.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the sort of game I expected to lose at some point, and in fact I was pleasantly surprised by our win at Empoli. I was hoping for a draw given that Reggina were happy to cling on to a 1-0 lead for most of the game, but it sounds like we were pretty poor, and I think that's what annoys me the most - I can take a defeat, but it sounded like were 2nd best throughout. Hopefully we can re-charge come next week - we simply have to beat Udinese at home.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Slightly OT seeing as we have an Udinese topic going, but Quagliarella should get, fully and deserves, a great welcome from our fans. He saved our season last year, made it pretty clear he wanted to stay, and also didn't celebrate when he scored tiwce against us first time round.

As for this game, it sounds like Castellazzi's injury might be quite bad - I wonder if Mirante will return or if Mazzarri will decide to give Fiorillo a chance.

·
Registered
50,287 Posts
yes, I agree that Quagliarella deserves applause cause he was great with us and I know that he was disappointed when Garrone/Marotta did not offer enough to keep him.

As regards the goalie, I would confirm Fiorillo cause Mirante can't have great motivations and Fiorillo is very good anyway.

·
Registered
823 Posts
To be honest you can't expect to much in an away game, more than 1000 km from home, without our starting defence and a past-it Volpi as the linch pin of the midfield. I am not sure of the statistics, but every time Volpi starts a game for us we lose!

Under these circumstances I therefore agree with the general view that this is not a disaster, especially given our very good form in the past months.

The face off with Udinese will be a lot more important and interesting!

I also hope samp fans give quagliarella the respect he deserves. I will be very dissapointed if i hear whistles...

and like toni, I would stick with fiorillo...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.