1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G 31 Juventus - Milan

Unavailable for play on Sunday
09-04-2002

Except Nedved, disqualified, also Maresca, Salas and Tudor are unavailable for paly on Sunday.

Line-up:

Maybe:

------------------------ Buffon

Thuram ---- Ferrara ----- Montero ----- Pessotto

Zenoni --- Conte ---- Davids ------ Zambrotta

----------------Trezeguet ----- Del Piero

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
For those who get Rai Int'l TV ... The game is being shown sunday.

Forza Juve ....... Juventus 2 Milan 0 :) :happy::excited:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juventus - Milan

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus were thought to be dead and buried, but the 4-0 win at Perugia coupled with the shock setbacks for Inter and Roma, have put them right back in the centre of the Scudetto chase. This match with old rivals Milan will be the true test of their title potential.

That victory came at a price as Pavel Nedved is suspended, while Enzo Maresca and Igor Tudor will likely miss the rest of the season. This forces them back into the 4-4-2 formation and a marked lack of creativity in the midfield. Mark Iuliano and Antonio Conte return to the fold with a particularly in-form Alessandro Del Piero.

Milan’s injury crisis continues as Paolo Maldini and Manuel Rui Costa are in real doubt to feature in this match. However, a sparkling Andrea Pirlo and Andriy Shevchenko are back in the starting line-up alongside former Juve man Filippo Inzaghi.

Even if Marcello Lippi wins the final four games, he will not match the 73 points totalled by Carlo Ancelotti at the Delle Alpi last season. With the Bianconeri boss the subject of criticism in recent months, his predecessor could gain another morale-boosting victory.

The fourth place finish becomes an even higher priority following their midweek elimination from the UEFA Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Pessotto; Zambrotta, Conte, Tacchinardi, Davids; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Milan: Abbiati; Roque Junior, Chamot, Laursen, Kaladze; Gattuso, Albertini, Ambrosini; Pirlo; Inzaghi, Shevchenko

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Of all our remaining games left this season, this is the one we really needed Nedved. No matter, we have to do without him.

Shame about Maresca, I believe he'll be out for the rest of the season. Not that it really matters as Lippi doesn't really fancy him.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
W/ Nedved out of the game, the pressure is all on Del Piero's shoulder to deliver!
I hope he's going to finish the league w/ a high note.
And winning the WC w/ the Azzurri!!!! :D :devil:
Now more than ever, we really need an in form Del Piero to lead Juve to the final glory.
I hope Buffon also can keep his clean sheets until the end of the WC, beginning w/ the Milan game.
Is that asking too much w/ 6 cleansheets for Juve & 7 cleansheets for the Azzurri? :D
This game against Milan is "the make it or break it", so if we win we still have a chance to win the scudetto and if we lose......well I don't even wanna think about it.

P

·
0 Posts
So how many goals is the biggest tinass playing in Serie A shevchenko going to score? After all he's done absolutely nothing since that arsey goal the last time we played. Maybe he's been waiting for us to turn his form around!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Milan are angry after unlucky defeat against Dortmund, and it seems to me they are not going to give up CL spot. So it will be an extremely tough game. But , as we play at home we just can't afford losing or drawing with them.
I really don't give a simple s*it how are we going to take that pts, and as I had said in previous topics, even if it is a crappy penalty on 95' minute of the match, I will be happy.

P.S. I will be away on Saturday and probably on Sunday, so don't miss me:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
from soccerage...

Serie A Preview: Juventus And Milan Clash At The Delle Alpi
Juventus - Milan | News Archive

Ancelotti in his Juve days (ALLSPORT)
04/12/2002. AT STAKE
Week 31's big game takes place at the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin, a stadium that is going to see less of the bianconeri and more of cranes and concrete mixers over the next twelve months as it is given a complete face-lift. AC Milan travel to Turin in the hope of keeping their hopes of a Champions League berth alive. A win would not only keep them in the hunt, but may even move them up to fourth should Bologna drop points at home this weekend. For Lippi's men the task is simple. Much like Milan, they need to win four out of four games and hope their opponents slip up. But, their target is a little more serious: lo scudetto. What's going to be against the bianconeri? The entire city of Milan! Should Ancelotti be able to spring a surprise in his old hunting grounds, no one may be happier than Interisti around the world.

FORM GUIDE
Juventus last 6: LWWLDW
A loss at the Tardini followed by a tie at home against the biancocelesti had all but killed Juventus' hopes of fighting for the title, until they were bailed out by Atalanta who stunned Inter at the San Siro last week to put Juve back in Contention. The bianconeri put in one of their best performances of the season last week when the thrashed Perugia 0-4 away from home and will look to continue where they left of against Milan.

AC Milan last 6: WWWLDW
With the exception of the glaring hammering received from Dortmund, Milan have been in supreme form, playing extremely well led by none other than ex-Juve man Pippo Inzaghi who has now netted four times in four games for the rossoneri. If anyone doubted Milan after the 4-0 loss to Dortmund, they must have changed their mind after seeing the return leg where Ancelotti's men proved that had they had better luck in the first leg, they could have well progressed to the final.

TEAM NEWS & PROBABLE LINEUPS
A huge blow for Lippi as Juve's best player and one of the world's most wonderful players, Pavel Nedved is suspended for the tie. Paolo Montero finally makes his return from injury but Tudor, Maresca and Salas are still out. Lippi will choose between Davids and Tacchinardi before the game.

Juventus (4-4-2): Buffon; Thuram, Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano: Zambrotta, Conte, Davids, Pessotto; Del Piero, Trezeguet
Injured: Salas, Tudor & Maresca
Suspended: Nedved

Ancelotti still misses Rui Costa and Maldini, though there is a slim chance that the latter will be available for the game. Billy Costacurta is ruled out for the rest of the season, but defenders Roque Jr. and Helveg have recovered from their respective injures and are in the running for a starting role.

AC Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Contra, Laursen., Chamot, Kaladze; Gattuso, Albertini, Serginho; Pirlo; Inzaghi, Shevchenko
Injured: Maldini, Costacurta, Rui Costa & Redondo
Suspended: -

TACTICAL ANALYSIS
Lippi's dilemma in midfield will be centered around Nedved's replacement and it appears that Gianluca Pessotto (who has played in that position several times) may deputize for the Czech international. However, with Montero not a 100% and Tudor still recovering from injury, it may make more sense for him to play Pessotto at left back and move Iuliano to the center. Cristiano Zenoni meanwhile will be hoping that his boss has been listening to Lilian Thuram's rants about playing in the center in the hope of earning a rare start. Del Piero and Trezeguet (Serie A's top attacking couple with 33 goals) are set to start up front and will torment and ailing Milan defence deprived of its classy veterans.

Lippi's game plan will probably center around an imposing midfield where the likes of Davids, Conte and Zambrotta will try and impose themselves on the unbalanced Milan midfield. Del Piero will drop back often to create chances for his team-mate Trezeguet and one should not forget Lilian Thuram's probing runs from right-back. The danger men for me are clearly Zambrotta, who always excels against Milan and David Trezeguet.

Ancelotti would be silly to repeat his mistake of leaving Italy's most wonderfully talented youngster on the bench. Andrea Pirlo is the heart and soul of this Milan side's creativity. Inzaghi may have scored some nice goals in the past weeks, but rest assured that all of them have passed through the feet of Andrea Pirlo. With him, Serginho, Contra, Shevchenko and Inzaghi on the field, Milan can stop worrying about scoring goals, even against the imposing Juve defence. Another mistake that Ancelotti is extremely unlikely to repeat is leave Cosmin Contra on the bench. The Romanian may struggle to defend at times, but his crosses alone are worth a start.

Ancelotti's game plan will probably center around Andrea Pirlo who will mastermind the Milan attacks. The job of Gennario Gattuso and Demetrio Albertini will be to get Edgar Davids of Pirlo's back while still keeping tabs on the Juve midfield. I think it is very important for Milan to attack freely as they did in midweek and make use of Contra and Kaladze on the wings. Up front, Andriy Shevchenko and Filippo Inzaghi should be more than a handful for Thuram & Co.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
In a do-or-die game, I think Juve will concede the title after being punished by their former son, the in-form Filippo Inzaghi whilst Milan will grab a vital point away from home.

Juventus 2-2 AC Milan

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Wait...

...We've found back the original edition.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
In a do-or-die game, I think Milan will be torn apart by the bianconeri after being punished by their lethal partnership Trézéguet-Del Piero, the latter grabbing his first hat-trick of the season while noone has expected him to shine so much in a big match as he's said to choke when the pressure upon his shoulders is too high. Milan's defeat will be syonoym of Ancelotti's final act at the head the rossoneri.

Juventus 5-1 AC Milan

:lick:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Here we go again: Juventus - AC Milan. Derby d'Italia.

This is it! The match we cannot, under any (abnormal) circumstances, afford to scamp! A lose is out of question and a draw is not an option either. Nothing else than 3 points will be tolerated and should we fail, our last drop of scudetto hope vanishes as fast as a mirage in the desert. I have to see a rigourous, focused, full of motivation and commitment display from the boyz. Milan have always been hard to eat but this year, we're clearly superior to 'em if you give all our best. :)

Beware of Pippo, who's having a wonderful season at Milan (I personally find him changed, in a positive way). I'm sure he'll be eager to prove his worth and God forbid him to punish us. Shevchenko is also ready to make us suffer, and even though he's not at his best right now, he can do us wrong any time.

I count on the crowd, who should be abounding since it's a derby, to play his 12th man role. Also, it was lippi's 54th birthday yesterday. He needs a gift.

Historically...
Juventus-Milan took place 67 times in the past. Juve won 30 times, lost 18 times and drew 19 times. 107 goals scored, 83 allowed. Last year, when the game took place, we were enjoying a consecutive winning streak and we won against 'em (they were a lot of more stronger than niow) 3-0 thanks to a wonderful team performance which prompted the management to offer Carletto an extension to his contract. May history repeat once again! Milan's last upset was in 1999 when they beat us 0-2, a couple of dys before the season ended.

The referee will be...
Serie A veteran signor Borriello, who was already in charge of 5 Juve games this season, 3 wins and 2 draws:
Atalanta-Juventus 0-2
Juventus-Toro 3-3
Juventus-Udinese 3-0
Juventus-Fiorentina 2-1
Juventus-Inter 2-2

If I was Lippi...

- - - - - - - - - - - - Buffon - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thuram - - Ferrara - - Montero - - - Iuliano
Zambrotta - - Conte - - Davids - - Pessotto
- - - - - - Trézéguet - - - - Del Piero - - - - - -

FORZA LA JUVENTUS :strong::star::tongue:
Destroy Berlusconi and co.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
WTF ?

Injuries
player Date Available

- Enzo Maresca 05/10/2002
contracture thigh

- Marcelo Salas 04/15/2002
right knee - anterior cruciate ligament

- Paolo Ronald Montero 04/28/2002
broken ligament

Can someone confirm the in-bold infos ?

·
Registered
216 Posts

Montero is definately out

Juventus are not going to keep a clean sheet without Montero hence Juventus aint winning this game. A draw looks very likely.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Have a little faith in Iuliano and Ferrara! Shev and Inzaghi will be a handful, no doubt, but as long as we score 1 more than Milan, it wouldn't really matter in we did concede a goal. Besides, we have Trez and Del Piero, that should give them something to worry about.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Re: Wait...

stephañho said:
...We've found back the original edition.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
In a do-or-die game, I think Milan will be torn apart by the bianconeri after being punished by their lethal partnership Trézéguet-Del Piero, the latter grabbing his first hat-trick of the season while noone has expected him to shine so much in a big match as he's said to choke when the pressure upon his shoulders is too high. Milan's defeat will be syonoym of Ancelotti's final act at the head the rossoneri.

Juventus 5-1 AC Milan

:lick:
Can you guess which is the only part of that incredibly wrong prediction that I like ... ;)

Wake up guys, it will be a hell of a game ... and it won't be that easy ... for neither of us. We are tired from Borussia but almost have nothing to lose ... the CL spot is an aim, no doubt but not as big as yours. Lets not forget that the game is at Delle Alpi ... this is a huge adv to Juve ... BUT both Pippo and Sheva are nack in the line up so you never know. And if Pirlo decides to shine on thi sday ... well ... it ain't over till is over ...

good luck ... I think you gona need it :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: G 31 Juventus - Milan

kcII said:
Unavailable for play on Sunday
09-04-2002

Except Nedved, disqualified, also Maresca, Salas and Tudor are unavailable for paly on Sunday.

Line-up:

Maybe:

------------------------ Buffon

Thuram ---- Ferrara ----- Montero ----- Pessotto

Zenoni --- Conte ---- Davids ------ Zambrotta

----------------Trezeguet ----- Del Piero
\

looks good:) .i hope we don't put iuliano in defense.with this team we can beat milan 1-0 or 2-0.let's kick some milan ass:devil:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
The match is underway.

Line-up:
Buffon, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Pessotto, Zenoni, Conte, Davids, Zambrotta, Trezeguet, Del Piero.

Forza Juve!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts