Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, before you all go mad at me for not opening the thread yet..

Huge match on Sunday evening vs Juve. I don't want to call it a "clash for 4th place" or anything like that, because last time people got a bit excited about this game Juve trounced us 5-1 and we then couldn't beat anyone for a few months, so let's just call it an important game for our European qualification prospect.

The big question in my mind is whether Cassano is deemed fully fit to start, or if Del Neri will opt for a more defensive approach and bring him on later. Otherwise the team makes itself, and we just have to hope that we can carry on our superb home run, and Juve don't suddenly decide to play like Barcelona again.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
:thumbsup:

Yes, the big question mark is Cassano. If his fitness has not improved badly respect to the game with Bologna (he looked like one of those players of the veterans leagues) I would seriously consider keeping him out.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Very important match! we must revenge on the 1:5! Forza Doria!
If Cassano won't play, we'll play with 1 striker & 5 miedfielders right?

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
if cassano doesnt play id really like to see us play

--------------pazzini-------------

--guberti-----tissone-------semioli----

---------poli--------palombo-------

-zauri-----lucch-----gasta-----cacciatore

-----------------storari-------------

4-2-3-1 is conservative and yet gud going forward although juve also play a similar system and so dont know wheter it will give us any edge really

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I hope they won't play the best they have like in Torino last time...it was one of the most frustrating Samp games I have seen...

We are still unbeaten at home since 18 January 2009, I hope we will continue :D

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
:thumbsup:

Yes, the big question mark is Cassano. If his fitness has not improved badly respect to the game with Bologna (he looked like one of those players of the veterans leagues) I would seriously consider keeping him out.

:mad: :nono:

dnt hate da fatzz of the world :scream::frustrat:

sweet sugah dumpling :smileani:

[tub]DFp4MW8lMIs[/tub]

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, well.. Juve collapse in London, letting go of a 3 goal (aggregate) lead for the 2nd go in a week, this time letting in FOUR goals against a Fulham side who are good, but hardly Barcelona. Will this means they turn up in Genoa down in morale and ready for a hiding, or will they come back strong and spank us 5-1 again?

I just hope we play an attacking game, because it's clear that Juve's defense (which, unfortunately, happens also to be Italy's..) is woeful.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cassano played 65-70 minutes of today's friendly (13-0 vs Finale Ligure), more than most players who played 45 minutes, suggesting Del Neri is going to start him on Sunday and is hoping he can last as much as possible.

Lucchini, Gastaldello, and Poli missed the game but aren't in doubt for Sunday.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Well, well.. Juve collapse in London, letting go of a 3 goal (aggregate) lead for the 2nd go in a week, this time letting in FOUR goals against a Fulham side who are good, but hardly Barcelona. Will this means they turn up in Genoa down in morale and ready for a hiding, or will they come back strong and spank us 5-1 again?

I just hope we play an attacking game, because it's clear that Juve's defense (which, unfortunately, happens also to be Italy's..) is woeful.
Since when are Zebina, Grygera, Chimenti, Salihamidzic playing for Italy?

Get your facts straight, Buffon, Legro, Chiellini were absent.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Cassano played 65-70 minutes of today's friendly (13-0 vs Finale Ligure), more than most players who played 45 minutes, suggesting Del Neri is going to start him on Sunday and is hoping he can last as much as possible.

thanks info:thumbsup:

·
Registered
40,302 Posts

good news. although that i don`t trust such friendly games in terms of tactics improving, but their main benefits would be to prepare players for serie a games.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Oh chill out, I know you were missing some players, but half the first-choice Italian defense (Cannavaro-Grosso) was still there, at least initially, along with the supposedly indispensable Camoranesi. Also, you'd probably have conceded even more had Legrottaglie been there..

Anyway, I challenge anyone to disagree with my point that Juve's defense is currently terrible. The question is whether Samp can capitalise on it like Siena and Fulham did, which is why I want us to really take the game by the scruff of the neck and attack Juve with intensity. However, I am very worried that Juve will have a reaction after their last two bad games and turn on the style like last time we met, completely over-running us.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts

eh uv been going on a p.r. exercise for juve tryin 2 play dwn this "doing" frm fulham u got bt its not gonna work coz evn we got a chap pulling us up for losing 2 Abarth :confused:... Albert :err:... Abort :neutral:... Album :undecide:......... Alibaba :party: of denmark :pp

anyhow i jst hope we have a real go at them and not b contend with a draw like we were against inter

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
"Cassano is not at his peak condition, but he has trained well and will start from the first minute," Del Neri told the press, as reported by Sky Sport Italia.

Despite Juve's problems though, the coach fears a violent backlash. And so he is asking for extra steps to be taken.

"Sweat, determination and technique will be required otherwise we will not win against Juventus."

Del Neri will be taking charge in his 600th game as a coach. He has never beaten Juventus.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
However, I am very worried that Juve will have a reaction after their last two bad games and turn on the style like last time we met, completely over-running us.
yep, you never could expect what`s juve may do in this game. so samp must concentrate from the 1st minute till the last minute. to forget that juve miss some important players is another important thing that can help.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
"Cassano is not at his peak condition, but he has trained well and will start from the first minute," Del Neri told the press, as reported by Sky Sport Italia.
good news. :)

Despite Juve's problems though, the coach fears a violent backlash. And so he is asking for extra steps to be taken.

"Sweat, determination and technique will be required otherwise we will not win against Juventus."
agree. :thumbsup:

Del Neri will be taking charge in his 600th game as a coach. He has never beaten Juventus.
:eek::hopeful:

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
although that samp should play offensively at home, but i doubt this to happen vs juve even if their defense it crap.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts