------------

for game 28 we welkum catania calcio 2 da marassi

CATANIA:
position:15th
record: 6wins,9draws,12 defeats
pts.:27
key plyrz:mascara,baiocco,spinezzi
coach:baldini

catania hav achievd 4 pts. frm dere last 5 games wid a 1-1 draw wid ac milan and a 2-1 win ovr cagliari in round 27 whilst losing 2 fiorentina,empoli and livorno and all were away games and lets hope dis trend continues :hopeful:

SAMPDORIA:

we r 7th wid 39 pts. and hav a 3 point lead ovr 8th placed palermo who r away 2 inter and so a win here cud help put evn more distance b/w us and da chasing pack.

forza doria:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,868 Posts
Something to do with Hannibal maybe? Don't know why they would do that though... :confused:

Edit: From wikipedia...

The symbol of the city is u Liotru, or the Fontana dell'Elefante and was constructed in 1736 by Giovanni Battista Vaccarini. It is made of lava stone portraying an elephant and surmounted by an obelisk. Legend has it that Vaccarini's original elephant was neuter, which the men of Catania took as an insult to their virility. To appease them, Vaccarini appended appropriately elephantine testicles to the original statue.

Thank God Vaccarini gave the elephant its testies back... :happy:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Bellucci is recovering faster than expected and could be ready for Catania. This is what Tuttosport wrote today.
brilliant news .. :thumbsup:

I think this game should be another win for Samp in 2 weeks .
at home while i do trust Samp can do it against Catania :smileani:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I meant that with that fact that Cassano, Montella & Bellucci are injuried, we must win...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I'll be interested to see whether Mazzarri sticks to the same front line (Delvecchio behind Bonazzoli) or decides to give Kalu, or another Primavera, a go at all. I'm guessing he'll start with Delvecchio, then if we need goals maybe go for something more offensive.

Another interesting one is Ziegler-Pieri. We know Mazzarri prefers Pieri in general as he is a more balanced and disciplined player, but Ziegler's left boot (esp off free-kicks) currently offers one of our better threats up front.

Finally, Palombo is banned, so Volpi's back in. I hope he can get over his disappointment at no longer being first choice and produce a captain's performance.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I'll be interested to see whether Mazzarri sticks to the same front line (Delvecchio behind Bonazzoli) or decides to give Kalu, or another Primavera, a go at all. I'm guessing he'll start with Delvecchio, then if we need goals maybe go for something more offensive.

Another interesting one is Ziegler-Pieri. We know Mazzarri prefers Pieri in general as he is a more balanced and disciplined player, but Ziegler's left boot (esp off free-kicks) currently offers one of our better threats up front.

Finally, Palombo is banned, so Volpi's back in. I hope he can get over his disappointment at no longer being first choice and produce a captain's performance.

I predict MAZZARI will start approx with the same lineup as the previous game .. ok Volpi instead of Pamlombo , Pieri to start in left side .

:cool:

Castellazzi - Lucchini - Gastardello - Accardi - Maggio - Sammarco - Volpi - Franceschini - Pieri- Delvecchio - Bonazzoli

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Good result today with Udinese and Lazio drawing. We really need to capitalise on this, though it'll be far from easy.. Glad Bellucci's back earlier than expected, though I don't think he'll play much tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts