Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops, I was meant to start threads earlier in the week, wasn't I.. Anyway, I got there before fats, so Samp have some hope of a result!

We're at Bologna this week, who we swept apart 4-1 in what was probably the best half of football we played this season. Sadly they sacked whoever-it-was and got (the underrated) Colomba in as manager, and since then they've been one of the best teams in serie A, going from relegation material to a very comfortable mid-table position. They beat Napoli 2-1 last week and will be full of confidence ahead of playing us.

As for us, I can't see Del Neri making any changes from last week except bringing Ziegler back in for Accardi. Cassano may get a game towards the end, but it'll probably depend on the score.

·
Registered
46,142 Posts
I'm not impressed at all by Bologna. Ok, they are going through a time of brilliant shape and Adailton is pretty skilled, but the teams is overall mediocre and against Napoli they were enormously lucky.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I should qualify the statement "one of the best teams in serie A" by sayig that I mean in terms of results. They've not suddenly turned into Barcelona..

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Players called up for game vs. Bologna:

Portieri. M. Cassano, Guardalben, Storari.

Difensori. Accardi, Cacciatore, Gastaldello, Lucchini, Rossi, Zauri, Ziegler.

Centrocampisti. Guberti, Mannini, Padalino, Palombo, Poli, Semioli, Tissone.

Attaccanti. A. Cassano, Pazzini, Pozzi, Scepovic.

So we miss only Castelazzi. I have read somewhere that Del Neri don't want to change squad that had won last game so Cassano will start on the bench. He said this is a price Cassano has to pay for his recovery and he thinks that Antonio will give us some power during the game when when he apear on the pitch.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Napoli lost 2 Fiorentina (Congratulations, Pavel:)), and if we'll win 2morrow, we can be 5 points from Napoli.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I'd be very surprised if Napoli didn't end up above us, it's amusing to see Mazzarri starting to dish out the one-eyed "we're not in crisis, we deserved to win, we were punished by episodes (i.e. goals)" match reports we became quite accustomed to at the start of last season. Top coach, I just wish he was more gracious in defeat.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Gastaldello, from all people,1:0:)
Ghezzal tied to 3:3 against Juve!;)
Udinsese won 3:2 against Palermo, and Napoli lost yesterday, all results are amazing 4 us!!!!
But Raggi did 1:1 at the 90 minute:(

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ARGH!!! What a wasted opportunity. Raggi scores in the 92nd minute to draw level. Samp are pissed off because two Bologna players were yards offside, but I couldn't work out if Raggi (who came in unmarked at the back post) was or not. Either way, it's a real give-away as that would've been 3 massive points away from home, with other results going our way and Juve up next.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
gastaldello...crucial goal

samp point with palermo(4th, 46)

bring juventus(5th, 44)

:nono: r ex player raggi has denied us the 4th spot :frustrat:

i jst could believe wen they were showing juve wer pegged back to 3-3 after being up 3-0 aftr all of 10 minz :howler: and i seriously thought when gastaldello scored that the gods were smiling on us bt instead we have lost 2 valuable pts by failing to deal with a throw in i thnk properly and was raggi offside ???

really really disappointed with this dumb giveaway

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
To clarify, it looks like Raggi was definitely on-side, but Samp were saying that Succi and someone else, who were massively off-side, were 'active' (seeing as Succi tried and failed to hit the ball), while the ref decided they were 'passive'. Still, the fact is that if you go 1-0 up in a game like today's, with very few chances, you need to close it down and finish the job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts