Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this is the first time I've had to open a match thread, so here goes.

The next match is against Lazio, at the Olympic stadium, on sunday the 14th at 15.00 italian time.

The squad called up is:

Portieri. Castellazzi, Mirante.

Difensori. Bottinelli, Gastaldello, Lamorte, Lucchini.

Centrocampisti. Bonanni, Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Padalino, Palombo, Pieri, Sammarco, Stankevicius, Ziegler.

Attaccanti. Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli,

As you can see, Castellazzi is back from injury, but he will be on the bench. A young primavera, Lamorte, has been called up to cover our defence, which is already looking very shaky with both Accardi and Campagnaro out. Also, Bonanni has been reinstated in the squad, and is part of our ridiculously overcrowded midfield. Finally, only three strikers have been called up, if we include Toni's marble cat.

As much as I rate Marotta and Mazzarri, this is the most lopsided squad, in terms of numbers, we've had in years, and I wonder about the decisions to let people like Bastrini out on loan.

I have no info on Lazio, apart from that they won their first game 4-1, and look pretty decent this year.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
well done mate.

the 1st game for sampdoria away of genoa, the team starts the season against strong teams like inter then lazio. it`s a new test which i see samp is able to pass it if they do at least as their level last game.

regarding to the line-up of this game, nice to see Castellazzi returns but i don`t think he `ll start this game while mirante has done superbly so far.

the game will be live on:

Sky Calcio 5
JSC+2
PS Star
La 7 Cartapiu C

:cool:

·
Registered
46,791 Posts
The squad called up is:

Portieri. Castellazzi, Mirante.

Difensori. Bottinelli, Gastaldello, Lamorte, Lucchini.

Centrocampisti. Bonanni, Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Padalino, Palombo, Pieri, Sammarco, Stankevicius, Ziegler.

Attaccanti. Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli
This youngster has definitely a funny name. La-morte infact means "the-death" :skull: He will probably just be a number in this game and he won't probably sit on the bench either, but the hope is that he can be "deadly" with the Primavera for now and maybe in the future with the first team.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
lazio forward looks stronger and better than samp. i think Foggia is the key player for them and Pandev after him.. Zarate will be more as box player.. so, i think players like Pieri and Stanke should cover the fullbacks very well and block them in order not to put the 3 defenders under pressing during the game. i wonder if their absence of Accardi and Campagnaro will not affect badly.

·
Registered
46,791 Posts
I'm not completely disappointed by the performance of the team as a whole but definitely we have a few problems. The first problem is the attack. Not that yesterday we had no chances, on the contrary, with a bit of luck we could even score, but we can't expect the midfielders to score the goals every time. Then the roster is definitely thin, infact a pair of injuries in defense and the injury of Bellucci in attack have already created a situation of emergency. The fact that we are playing a kind of 3-6-1 with two forwards (both for technical choice)and and no center backs on the bench is a clear sign of this situation of emergency. I wonder what will happen later in the season with UEFA Cup and Italian Cup concurring in debilitate our players.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i was the game that should be forgotten for samp, it`s completely different from the 1st game vs inter. the whole team didn`t show or prove their desire to do a positive result despite that lazio wasn`t that tough opponent. no pressure on the ball holder( 1st and 2nd goal too), no dangerous chances for samp except 1 or 2 for each half. some players i didn`t know whether they were on the pitch or not??

look at the way Bottinelly cover Pandev in the 2nd half.. something was really ridiculous from samp defender.

·
Registered
46,791 Posts
Yes, Bottinelli was pretty pathetic in that episode. It should be the defender to do what Pandev did. Really an unforgivable technical mistake for a defender.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Very poor defense at this time and bad result
hope against Chievo we''ll come back to our home 3-0 victories from the last year

1 - 19 of 19 Posts