1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Another must-win home game, against a Catania team who've made an excellent start to the season, but haven't won away from home yet. Still, they drew away to the likes of Milan and Lazio, conceding very few goals, so it's going to be a tough match.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
yea samp must invest the 2nd game respectively at home which won`t be vs a top team.. with a respect to catania.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Sammarco suspended, Padalino and Palombo injured. Players called up:

Portieri. Castellazzi, Mirante.

Difensori. Accardi, Campagnaro, Campanella, Gastaldello, Lucchini.

Centrocampisti. Bonanni, Delvecchio, Dessena, Franceschini, Pieri, Stankevicius, Ziegler.

Attaccanti. Bellucci, Bonazzoli, Cassano, Fornaroli.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
channels to cover the game live:

sky sport 1
Sky Calcio 3
Hi Sports (Nigeria)
La 7 Cartapiu C
aljazeerah +3

i`ll try to watch it live...:)

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
so 3-0 win ............bellucci and cassano wid da goals ........ bellucci got his very early and den cassano in da 2nd half and laet on also .......... jst read da comments as yet again i was stuck watchin anodr team .........

lol bogliaschino .......... well buddy dere seemz more aktivity at da othr site :)..........

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I have seen match in TV. We were very good :D . Dominating all the game, especially in the second half. I have to admit that Catania did almost nothing but maybe because we were playing so well.

I liked our defence in this game. They were very solid, also Castelazzi was very reliable. Great game from Stankevicius and Pieri. Wings were our big advantage yesterday. Stanke made an assist, then alomst another one with the long throw, tried to score once or twice. It was Maggio level from last season. Pieri was fast, strong and hardworking. Cassano was just a pure magic. He was doing what he wanted to do. He wanted to dribble three Catania defenders he did it, he wanted to take a try on the goal he did it, he wanted to pass, score or anything he did it! He is in the great shape right now and scoring goals! Only our three midfielders (Dessena, Franceschini and Delvecchio) could do more in my opinion. Buy maybe it looked like that because the others played so well ;) .

My only notice is to Mazzarri behaviour. He prepared great tactic, selected very good squad but...he also has ability of making substitutions! In the game like yesterday he could let Bonnani, Ziegler, Fornaroli to play about 20 minutes, not only 3 or 4. Others could rest a little bit and not risk an injury. But it is just a small thing. I am very happy seeing Samp playing so nice football like yesterday.

FORZA DORIA!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Thanks for the commentary, piotrek!

Perfect result really, keeping a clean sheet as well. I agree that I'd have rested a couple of players slightly more ahead of Thursday & Sunday, but hopefully it won't make too much of a difference.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Amazing performance, gr8 goals
Some photos:
Zenga's thanx to our fans, after all his years at Doria

Bellucci scores the 1-0 after 6 minutes

Cassano celebrates after third goal

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
after i watched the game yesterday, i can say it was an easy game to win for sampdoria. i was surprised by the bad performance that catania showed in this game when they made a very good start this season.

actually samp possessed most of the game events and had many chances and were able to score more than 3 balls in this game.
i.e, Stanke had a chance in the 2nd half after a nice loop he sent over the gk. then after only 1 minute and exactly aftr 69`min, Delvecchio`S ball hit the crossbar while he was only 4 or 5 yards away from catania`s gk. of course i can`t forget bellucci`s 2 chances 80` and 81`after a 2 impressive crosses (pasess) from cassano.

generally the game wasn`t an exciting during the 90 minutes while catania looked as a dead opponent and had no motivation at all.

congratulation.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i see cassano was man of the match easily. :star:
his relationship with samp fans has been increasing impressively.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts