Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester City have emerged as favourites to sign Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos, after the player's father confirmed that the Premiership club had expressed a strong interest in the Mexican.

Giovani looks set to leave Camp Nou this summer and the player's father - former Brazilian international Zizinho - has confirmed to the Mexican press that City have made their move.

"The news is certain, but the subject is in the hands of the agent," Zizinho confirmed.

"We would prefer much discretion until the end of the season.

"We will not decide, but Barca know the situation as we have had contact with sporting director Txiki Beguiristain.

"Our objective now is for him to finish the season with Barcelona at a good level and then we will speak.

"Other English clubs have demanded information about Giovani but the main chance is City," he added.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
You're going to have loads of these 2nd striker type players with Castillo, Bojinov (although he can be more of a central striker I guess) and Dos Santos.

But yeah, nice player. One for the future though.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah same here the green one but world soccer are saying it now wat sounds promising.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
You're going to have loads of these 2nd striker type players with Castillo, Bojinov (although he can be more of a central striker I guess) and Dos Santos.

But yeah, nice player. One for the future though.

I dont know for sure Giovani's original position, but in Barca he is played out wide. Imo he's more of a winger than either Castillo and Bojinov. So in that regard i'm not particulary worried. You can see he's very talented, but he lacks effectiveness, as most young players do. But as you said, he is one for the future

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Wonder if it's loan or a sale. Anyone know?

IMO it would be silly to sell him after only one season considering he is only 18 years old.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Apparently a sale. Sounds like Barcelona aren't happy with his progress, although if Pep has worked with him over the past few years maybe he'll want to keep Gio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts