Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first half of São Paulo vs Chivas has just ended, and what a surprise: once again a brazilian campaign in an international competition is being mined by a certain criminal called Daniel Gimenez.

The mexican player who held Danilo in the action of the Chivas' equalizer was off-side, a double illegality: not only it was a foul, but he was off-side.

The funny thing is that in november 2005 I posted the following thread:

Super Gimenez strikes again

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The argentinian referee Daniel Gimenez is an anti-brazilian gangster that had already robbed Gremio in Porto Alegre in 2002 when he first ruled off a legal brazilian goal in regular time, then in the penalty kick shoot-out he let a player of Olympia repeat a penalty kick because the brazilian goalkeeper, who had defended it, would have supposedly moved forward(something that the paraguayan keeper did at each time). That was the Libertadores of 2002, and it was to be the first time that a final with teams from a same country was to take place. An all-brazilian Libertadores final just weeks after we lifted our fifth World Cup in a competition where Argentina had been humiliated. But no, super-hero Gimenez couldn't allow such a thing to happen. The man did his job. Olympia went to the final, and finally managed to beat São Caetano. Now the guy comes back from the hole where he was hidden for 3 years, rules off a brazilian goal, "doesn't see" a foul that happens 2 meters away from him in the action that originates the chilean goal, and rules off an action that results in a foul in the box that would have been a penalty kick for Fluminense.

Brazil doesn't have the tradition of making a lobby against referees that are notoriously biased against the best football in the world. Maybe we should make an exception for Mr. Gimenez from now on."

Well, the guy is back. Let's see if São Paulo will survive robbery in the second half.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Considering he isn't a super-human to referee and be an assistant at the same time, I'd actually expect him not having any say in determining if Bravo was offside.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
we did not survive, in the stadium I though only the baldie was off side and not the Chivas player on the right, what an awful game. Illegal goal or not we deserved to lose... :(

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Testa said:
Considering he isn't a super-human to referee and be an assistant at the same time, I'd actually expect him not having any say in determining if Bravo was offside.
But yes in catching his foul.

Let's see if you'll be defending Gimenez when he'll be the referee for a decisive Palmeiras' match.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Still, we played like crap.
Nothing compared to Velez in 94 or Boca in 1999 and 2000(with extra help from good old Marcio at the final against Cruz Azul).

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GIMENEZ AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again CONMEBOL fields Daniel Gimenez in order to stop brazilian supremacy in regional international club football. The most anti-brazilian referee in south-america, and probably the world, the one who stopped Brazil from staging the first single-country Libertadores' final in the 2002 edition, by robbing Gremio outrageously (one legal goal ruled offside, and then allowing the Olympia player to repeat the only penalty kick Gremio's keeper had defended, because he would have allegedly moved forward, while Olympia's keeper himself moved forward at each time). The keeper who robbed Fluminense in the sudamericana and forced their elimination.

Yes, he's back. Now São Paulo can fear the worse.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That penalty was a typical Gimenez' manipulation of the match: you call a penalty a foul that invariably occurs 10 to 20 times in each match, and that's never a penalty, but you only call it for the team you want to see win. Filho da puta. If it had been a goal, it would have been a totally different match, and maybe Chivas would win... But Rogério Ceni saved São Paulo once again. Now it's the pause before 2nd HT, and I don't think Gimenez can do much about São Paulo's victory now that they're 2-0. Will he give up? I think so. But we'll see...

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
But it was a penalty, in fact, lugano was pushing another player as well...and I bet someone hold Henry somewhere in that foul :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
But JCamilo but that happaned in Chivas box too, I think the man wanted to **** us over on that one. But once Ceni saved it he got ****ed over :D also I ****ing hate Coelho, he went on and on about how great the referee was how, how well he holds the card in the players face. Just so much bullshit :(

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
Oh,sure, in the next attack of SP , there was a similar foul, over Lugano I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts