Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today he scored his 127th goal in Serie A, which puts hm next to Shevchenko and several goals away from some other legends of the italian football, a place which it seems will never be given to him, although if he can remain healthy, at the end of his career he will be one of the most prolific goalscorers in the histoty.
You can say such an achievement is a testament for the dropping level of calcio, but imo Gilardino really is getting less respect than he deserves. He is not the most exciting player to watch, but he scores goals and has a better link-up play than he is given credit.
So whats your opinion on him?

31. Sergio Brighenti 136 311
32. Roberto Pruzzo 133 331
33. Alessandro Altobelli 132 337
34. Felice Placido Borel II 131 257
35. Francesco Graziani 130 353
Ezio Pascutti 130 296
37. Roberto Bettega 129 326
38. Gianni Rivera 128 527
39. Andriy Shevchenko 127 226
Alberto Gilardino 127 309*

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
camelface, check the brace of your favorite Jovetic against Bayern.
and what is "european level" striker?

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Gila makes assists once in a while like today but definitely is not a player with good linking play with his lack of strength and movement.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
You remember that amazing Trezeguet assist for Iaquinta vs Real Madrid last year? That is better than any assist Gila has done and Trez himself is an awful link player. There are standards you know?...

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
these are assists I thought of too...

forwards get last assists, i know that, teach me something new....

a guy with decent link play is iaquinta or borriello, even better is toni

gilardino is worse than those so what do you want to call that standard?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You know, Borriello has just 1 assist in all of his games this season with Milan, while Gilardino is assist leader in CL (next to Arshavin, I was quite surprised), and has like 3 more in Serie A and Coppa Italia. Quite impressive play (backheel pass) today that started Fiorentina's 1st goal too.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Actually there is this theory that he can't play well unless under Prandelli.

Regardless.. decent player to have and always a threat. But somehow lacks something to be great.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
never.... it's not luck problem

pato was good at worse milan team

gila need midfield focus on him...never big club system

·
Administrator
52,900 Posts
I want him in Juve, I did since 5 years ago.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
He's a Juve fan, right? Surprised he chose Milan when they were head to head with Juve for his signature.

·
Administrator
52,900 Posts
We werent, you guys bid 25m or so for him, we didnt, we just enquired months before (werent in an immediate need for a striker like you). And if I remember, Milan strong armed Parma to make a decision quick, or to simply get him immediately, was some fuss over that.

·
Scudetto
23,376 Posts
Yeah I remember all that :D

If I'm not mistaken, at that time, Milan, Inter and Juve all agreed to have some kind of deal where they will never target the same players on the market.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts