Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma’s Alberto Gilardino has won the prestigious Silvio Piola award – given to Italy’s best young striker.

The Under-21 international became the third player to win the honour after the successes of Massimo Maccarone and Giuseppe Sculli in the past two editions.

Gilardino has hit the headlines in Italian football over the last year thanks to his form for club and country.

He’s become a crucial part of the Azzurrini set-up as well as displaying his ability in Serie A – especially after stepping in for the injured Adriano earlier this term.

"It is sad that Adriano has now left for Inter as I do feel rather isolated at times in attack," said Gilardino.

"However, there is one positive factor from all of this. I should be playing more regularly from now on."

Gilardino, a summer target for Milan and Juventus, made his debut in Serie A back in January 2000 with Piacenza.

---------------------

Nice to see some recognition for Gila! :D :D

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
in fact i like Cossato:D i had him in fantacalcio last year:rolleyes:

Sculli is not crap:eek:
I think he is very over-rated...he did good at under 21 level suddenly he is this great player...I'll give him another year till he goes to Serie B side.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
I think he is very over-rated...he did good at under 21 level suddenly he is this great player...I'll give him another year till he goes to Serie B side.
probably u're right...but this summer we wanted buy him:rolleyes: ... and we usually don't buy crappy players ( a part from Jancker :rolleyes: )

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
probably u're right...but this summer we wanted buy him:rolleyes: ... and we usually don't buy crappy players ( a part from Jancker :rolleyes: )
Well Sculli just doesn't do it for me...

Jancker hasn't he been sold yet...:D Udinese are like Parma when they spend money they buy crap player when they buy unknown and cheap they do excellent...:howler: :strong:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
Well Sculli just doesn't do it for me...

Jancker hasn't he been sold yet...:D Udinese are like Parma when they spend money they buy crap player when they buy unknown and cheap they do excellent...:howler: :strong:
:D we didn't spent nothing for having Carsten! :D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
I read on the paper that not only Gila won:rolleyes:
also Possanzini of AlbinoLeffe and :heart: Davide Micillo:heart: have earned a prize:)

...but the journalist wrote only about Gila:rolleyes: ....what incorrect they are:D

Yes because this event was for give prizes of all the best players of Piemonte :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
I thought you bought him for 7m euro's... :confused:

Oh well I was wrong then....:tongue:
no we bought him because he was " a paramentro zero" :)o i dunno what is in english:eek: ).... no money for having him!
We could buy him or Bierhoff( no money for having him too) again!...but Olly signed for Chievo and so we chosen Carsten:howler:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Gilardino is going through some type of morale phase cuz he is not playing at his best.
He's been playing by himself up-front very hard to score...especially when the midfield don't support his attacking potential that he has...he needs a partner to be honest he can't play by himself up front...he isn't potent enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts