Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've heard the rumours for months, and although it's C4, it seems quite a broad statement:

Report: Gila agrees Milan move

Alberto Gilardino has long been associated with the San Siro giants, but the Italian Press today states the Parma striker has agreed terms.

There are reports that the Azzurri star has worked out a contract that will tie him to Milan until June 2010 with effect from the end of this season.

The breakthrough came when it emerged that the contract Gilardino signed until 2007 had a clause forcing Parma to vastly increase his wages if he was to stay on beyond June 2005. This is something the Gialloblu cannot afford and so a summer sale is guaranteed.

Gila was expected to leave the Stadio Tardini side in January, but the instability within the club – which is under administration and looking for new investors – saw any move postponed.

Roma, Juventus and Real Madrid have all confirmed their interest over the past few months, but Milan have emerged as the clear favourites to capture the hitman.

Italian newspapers are now suggesting that a meeting between agent Beghetto and Rossoneri transfer guru Ariedo Braida on Friday put the final details in place for a £15m move.

Vice-President Adriano Galliani admitted as much a few days ago when asked about Gilardino's chances of joining the club. "We'll wait and see what happens," he smiled.

Now more than ever Milan are concerned about the future of their strike force outside of European Player of the Year Andriy Shevchenko. Filippo Inzaghi is now over 30 and has barely set foot on the field for a year due to a succession of injuries, while Jon Dahl Tomasson is struggling for form and could be set for a Premiership or La Liga switch.

Hernan Crespo scored a crucial goal in the Champions’ League tie with Manchester United midweek, but he is still owned by Chelsea and the details of his permanent move are yet to be worked out.

Gilardino’s height and power ensure he can act as a partner to Shevchenko, holding up the ball for his teammate.

Thoughts? I mean £15m is good money, but I would rather at least not of agreed nothing to the summer so Gilardino's focus is 100% on Parma. Sad news if this, and last weeks news of Marchionni is true.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Gila leaving won't be a surprise to me.

I'm actually expecting these players to leave; Frey,Gilardino,Bresciano,Marchionni,Simplicio,Morfeo.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have hopes of keeping Bresc, Marchionni, Simplicio, Morfeo.

I have more realistic hopes of just keeping Bresc and Simplicio.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It's no real new news,I'm happy to see Gila arrive at Milan.But I want a good player to come in return to Parma perhaps Caracciolo.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Schumy, I wish I had Gilardino for Inter. Its a honor to host the best striker of the next Italian generation of NT players. A real honor

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Schumy, I wish I had Gilardino for Inter. Its a honor to host the best striker of the next Italian generation of NT players. A real honor
Don't despair Pulsar my dear friend ;) ,You have Adriano and martins 2 of the best young guns in world football. :thmbup:

·
Registered
866 Posts
do we than have eyes set on his replacement or we bring someone from youth system?
15mil pounds is good price parma got and should be wisely invested....

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
One thing is sure. Sorrentino or Ruopolo are NOT the replacements for Gila, they are not ready. We MUST go fot an other striker.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
£15 Million is that all? Wayne Rooney who was not scoring a lot of goals was sold for £28 Million....Gilardino was the Italian top scorer last season, and has been scoring regularly this season, and I must add some of his goals have been world class.

Sheva was getting much better service that season, and only a tap in in the last game of the season insured his top scorer status. Plus Gila scored 23 goals in 5 months, he only played regularly once Adriano left, but Sheva was playing all season and scored 24.

I REALLY dont want Gila to leave at all :wallbang: ....but if he has to go, I say lets get an auction going. Get Chelsea and Real Madrid and Man Utd involved not just Milan, and watch his price rocket sky high.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Yeah I think so too. Giving him away for £15 Million is pretty much a waste if you consider the prices of Rooney, Duff or Kezman. But I think nowadays you cannot get that much money like a few years ago when every few weeks a player made a new transfer record being the most expensive player in the world. Anyway, I'd like to have at least 25-30 million €.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Sheva-Gila; sweet sweet music to my ears. :)
Maybe Tomasson is going the other way? How would Parma fans feel about that?

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
2 years ago, I laughed at Tomasson's being with Parma, I didn't like him at all. However I've changed my mind quite a lot and... :excited:

...I think we can't afford him anyway. :(

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Yeah, I think maybe I would settle for Hernan but Tomasson......Hell NO

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Not likely to happen, dont worry :) I was just interested in the thought and your opinions of it given that he can play in both as an attacker and an attacking midfielder.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Tomasson would never accept a transfer to Parma. Crespo even less...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Wow.. I hope he'll have the best chances at SanSiro!! Gila is a goal machine, thanks parma!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
HB21 said:
Wow.. I hope he'll have the best chances at SanSiro!! Gila is a goal machine, thanks parma!!

You're new, aren't you?

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Don't bother him, he is a gilafan too :rolleyes:

Tomasson can NEVER, NEVER be a goalmachine like the ones we've had these past 3 years, Di Vaio,Adriano,Gilardino.

Tonino isn't ready yet so we must find another replacement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts