Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marca has shown pics of the meeting of Baptista and his agents with Gil Marin, Atlético's general director, and some other members of the Board of the club.

It's public for everyone that the renewal negotiations between Sevilla and the Brazilian players are broken since months ago. The player finishes his contract in 2008, but his people says that he wants to leave the club. He said publically in Radio Marca: "I wouldn't say no to Atlético. It's a big club with a lot of history".

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,611149,00.html

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
This is rather strange, it was only a couple of weeks ago when Baptista told a local radio in Sevilla that he is very happy at the club and has no intentions of leaving. It is true that Atletico are a huge club, but in my opinion, Sevilla are constructing a nice little team now with stars like Daniel Alves, Adriano and Antonito complimenting the talented youngsters that are coming through such as Sergio Ramos and Jesus Navas. Sevilla are going places, whereas Atletico are not. Also, Sevilla- who have just ended a horrible run of only one win in their last eight league games- are still very much in the running for Champions League qualification, despite their recent poor sequence of results, and I think they will beat Real Betis and Villarreal for the last available place (Valencia will get the other one). What does Baptitsta want? Champions League football with Sevilla or playing for Atletico who might not even make the Uefa Cup? I guess money is very important for him, because it's clear to me which decision will benefit his football career. Anyways, I think Baptista is a great player and Sevilla should use the money they receive for qualifying for Europe to offer him a huge contract.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
It will all boil down on who makes what competition next year. Atletico is also building a nice team and always had some money to get players( some buys might be bad)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
El Fenómeno. said:
This is rather strange, it was only a couple of weeks ago when Baptista told a local radio in Sevilla that he is very happy at the club and has no intentions of leaving. It is true that Atletico are a huge club, but in my opinion, Sevilla are constructing a nice little team now with stars like Daniel Alves, Adriano and Antonito complimenting the talented youngsters that are coming through such as Sergio Ramos and Jesus Navas. Sevilla are going places, whereas Atletico are not. Also, Sevilla- who have just ended a horrible run of only one win in their last eight league games- are still very much in the running for Champions League qualification, despite their recent poor sequence of results, and I think they will beat Real Betis and Villarreal for the last available place (Valencia will get the other one). What does Baptitsta want? Champions League football with Sevilla or playing for Atletico who might not even make the Uefa Cup? I guess money is very important for him, because it's clear to me which decision will benefit his football career. Anyways, I think Baptista is a great player and Sevilla should use the money they receive for qualifying for Europe to offer him a huge contract.
AFAIK, Baptista is mad because Del Nido (Sevilla's president) is not accomplishing with his promises. I wouldn't blame Baptista, every player wants to play in a big club and Atlético definitely is. Atlético's potential is much bigger than Sevilla. At the end of the day, Sevilla has sold Reyes and they could sell Sergio Ramos too. On the other hand, Atlético is a team that wants to grow. Atlético's project seem more interesting than Sevilla's, to be honest.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Koeman4 said:
AFAIK, Baptista is mad because Del Nido (Sevilla's president) is not accomplishing with his promises. I wouldn't blame Baptista, every player wants to play in a big club and Atlético definitely is. Atlético's potential is much bigger than Sevilla. At the end of the day, Sevilla has sold Reyes and they could sell Sergio Ramos too. On the other hand, Atlético is a team that wants to grow. Atlético's project seem more interesting than Sevilla's, to be honest.
i agree with u.. even if sevilla is higher on the table than atletico.. but atletico still a big club...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Sevilla are going places, whereas Atletico are not. Also, Sevilla- who have just ended a horrible run of only one win in their last eight league games- are still very much in the running for Champions League qualification, despite their recent poor sequence of results, and I think they will beat Real Betis and Villarreal for the last available place (Valencia will get the other one). What does Baptitsta want? Champions League football with Sevilla or playing for Atletico who might not even make the Uefa Cup? I guess money is very important for him, because it's clear to me which decision will benefit his football career. Anyways, I think Baptista is a great player and Sevilla should use the money they receive for qualifying for Europe to offer him a huge contract.
how many years are you watching laliga?
Atletico is a much bigger club then Sevilla...
they are building also a nice "little" team with torres,ibagaza,Gronkjaer...
seville is a club based on raising talent and selling it in order to survive, without a big sponcer/s, something Atletico will always have, they don't have a chance to grow.
as for the prediction on the CL spot, villareal will defintly be in one of 2 spots, the rest will be fought by seville, valencia and atletico...

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
sagyv said:
as for the prediction on the CL spot, villareal will defintly be in one of 2 spots, the rest will be fought by seville, valencia and atletico...
Villareal's real test is coming on in the matchdays to follow as they have the toughest set of matches which includes Barcelona, Real Madrid, Betis , Deportivo, Bilbao.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Last year they produced Reyes, this year Baptista... I think they would release him if your price is attractive enough... Again, Torres has been missing a partner upfront... It would be very fresh to see Baptista partnering TOrres!

BTW I would like to see Atletico at UCL too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Last year they produced Reyes, this year Baptista... I think they would release him if your price is attractive enough... Again, Torres has been missing a partner upfront... It would be very fresh to see Baptista partnering TOrres!

BTW I would like to see Atletico at UCL too.
Yeah and euroderby would be amazing :thumbsup:

I know it is very unlikely but i am a dreamer what can i say :rollani:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
sagyv said:
how many years are you watching laliga?
Atletico is a much bigger club then Sevilla...

Hahahahaha. I love this. :D

Ok, show me one place where I said Sevilla is a bigger club than Atletico. :rollani:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Atletico are building a very STRONG team at the moment and to sign Baptista would be a great signing for the club and for him to even say he would sign for us shows the ambition we are currently showing

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
baptista in atleti?? i will see who will take penaltes for atleti !!!

after, get riquelme or aimar then atleti of 90's is again !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts