Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange, you seem to have forgotten him. Was he too far back in history. For me the time when he was in Lazio was like if it were yesterday. But now he seems forgotten :( ... And that is happening when he is about to face a tenth operation of his knee. I wish he will be able at least to walk normally after that.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
giani_82, it's not strange. Many of today's Lazio fans haven't been around for very long. Some of them might not even know who he is. From what I've heard he could be able to play again in six months from now. But it's not very likely I'm afraid... :(

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Yes it's sad that some Lazio fans don't remember our teams legends. For me it also seems like yesterday that Gigi and Beppe were playing, but those glory days are over now and we have just begun a new era of glory days with a totally new team.
I also miss Casiraghis days playing for the Azzuri, shame he was replaced by pieces of rubbish like Inzaghi.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
You know if a player is out for about 2years people forget some easily:(

And yess many fan just joined Lazio when they were at is peek, if they will once relegate im sure most of them will step over to Juve, Inter or Milan...

G

·
Come on now guys! Ofcause we have'nt forgot "Giggi" ! We had a post about him just a couple of weeks ago remember?

If i got the picture right then he should not be able to play soccer again! :(

[Edited by Jonas L on 19-07-2000 at 13:55]

·
International
6,519 Posts
To Jonas L:

If you have the picture please send it to me .
How did it happen exactly ?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Thats true William Sterk, there are a few Lazio supporters who are just glory hunters, hardly any in this forum though.
Most of them probably started to follow Lazio during the 98/99 season and will until we lose our glory, but that happens to all teams, Man Utd being the prime case. Aslong as the true Lazio supporters remain with us I don't mind the bandwagoners.

G

·
yes he is still at Chelsea. I don't know if will be able to play this season. He is also in some kind of I thin insurance argument with the team.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Of course we haven't forgot Gigi Casiraghi :)
He is still at Chelsea, too bad he's got injured that long. I heard that Chelsea has asked the insurance policy for him and release him for free :(

I doubt that he should be able to play soccer again :(
Grazie Gigi, we won't forget you`
I remembered back on 98 on UEFA cup against Inter at Parc des Princes, Eriksson choose him over Boksic (He's fit at that time and Lazio top scorer with Nedved) i think that was a last time he played for Lazio :(

Forza Gigi

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Of course we still remember Gigi! Yeah, how can we forget him? Somehow I just can't seem to get over a player who's played for Lazio and then moves somewhere else...Rambaudi, Fuser, Beppe...
And I see that some of us have come up and explained about the discussion we had here a few weeks ago (where kat gave the fullest account on his injury, the insurance thing, etc). It's so sad that his playing career has ended, really :(
Actually I pay attention to Chelsea quite closely, because of di Matteo (and used to be Gigi, as well) there! At least di Matteo has a different fate from Casiraghi!

·
International
6,519 Posts
WIll someone answer me please ??!?! :mad:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
sslazio11:

Well this might not be the answer you're looking for but I'm just trying to help :)
Actually I think the 'picture' referred to by Jonas L is a picture/photo. It's more of a saying, you know, when you get the picture of something ('get the picture?') means more or less figuring it out...
but of course I might be wrong and it's an actual picture he was referring to :p
Anyway I didn't see the incident itself but at that time I bought this british soccer magazine every week and read the news about Gigi getting injured there. Eventhough at that time they didn't know yet that it was THAT serious... I still have the magazine but it's somewhere...
Try to search it through Chelsea site or find a Chelsea fan...I think it holds more prospect!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
G

·
..Casiraghi what a man, I will never forget his 4 goals against Fiorentina whn we crushed tem with 8-2 at olimpico... when was it 94/95?... Doesn´t matter HE IS A HERO ANYWAY!

G

·
Did anybody saw the situation in which he got injured? I understand that he broke his leg in a clash with the keeper. What was it like?
FORZA GIGI!!!
FORZA LAZIO!!!

G

·
VERDI and WILLEM STERK
"Many of today's Lazio fans haven't been around for very long. Some of them might not even know who he is"
and:
"many fan just joined Lazio when they were at is peek, if they will once relegate im sure most of them will step over to Juve, Inter or Milan..."

Why are you looking for a trouble? These quotes were written, in the Lazio-forum, only in that purpose. This kind of ironic "teasers" will not be tolerated.
Thanks

·
International
6,519 Posts
Nedved!

Yes, i'm starting to acctually get the picture (view) of all this :)

G

·
sslazio11: I dont know the whole story, just a couple of things that i found out checking the Last "Giggi" topic!

And Nedved are so right about the "picture" thing... I ment just that i know some about it... Sorry for making you confused! ;) It's not always easy to understand each other! ;)

[Edited by Jonas L on 20-07-2000 at 18:24]

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Please check the link I posted b/c it MAY have fottage of the actual play in which Gigi's injury occured. These clips on the RAI Sport site come from the reports they show on the TV sports news show...and I saw the footage just last night!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts