Xtratime Community banner

Who would you keep for next season ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having that "debate" with a gobbo friend of mine about who's the better player of the two. Personally, I believe Gianni is better and less violent while he thought Blasi is more secure not to mention the fact he can be used at right-back if need be. Giannichedda can play as a CB (although Juve never used him there from what I've seen) so that versatility argument doesn't weigh up.

With C.Zanetti joining you lot in the summer, it's needless to say that one of the aforementioned two will be sold as 3 substitute DMs is way too much.

Who would YOU keep ? vote please.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Gianni is a much better player. Considering Capello's pet Zanetti has been signed, I would much prefer if neither of them stayed on though.

Blasi is definately leaving btw (destination still up in the air, but Palermo and Fiorentina look the best bets). Question is whether Gianni will leave or not.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Gianni has been very usefull for us I believe. Remember that it's not Gianni's fault that Capello wanted a non-creative option for the bench, an anklebiter, and for that Gianni is a very competent as a benchplayer. He's done well for us when given the chance.

Blasi is very fast, very strong and has great stamina. To bad that he can't think like a footballer, and is as inept as they come tactically. He's not good enough for Juve, not even as a sub.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Giannichedda is better, even if blasi has been useful at the right back role. with balzaretti, zambrotta and hopefully a new right back that position will no longer need blasi.

I agree on selling both though, with Zanetti and possibly another midfielder, hopefully a two way midfielder rather than a DM will join.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I watched the Juve V Arsenal game again this afternoon and looking at the team as a whole, and Giannichedda in particular, I think he still may be useful next season. Even with C.Zanetti in the squad, Capello MUST rotate his players more often....hence Giannichedda should stay.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
CUG said:
I watched the Juve V Arsenal game again this afternoon and looking at the team as a whole, and Giannichedda in particular, I think he still may be useful next season. Even with C.Zanetti in the squad, Capello MUST rotate his players more often....hence Giannichedda should stay.
Sure he should..... if Capello will remain and will persists in playing two grinders in midfield at all times. If - miraculously - he finds that PERHAPS we need more creativity, it is nothing short of silly to have five central midfield who are all predominantly ballwinners.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
agreed Glen. But i think we have to face the facts that Capello is staying and he wont be chaging his tactics too much.

Vieir and Emerson will stay and both play. Giannichedda and Zanetti will most likely be back up. Dont be surprised if Blasi stays as well.

blasi vieira emerson giannichedda zanetti

5 man midfield :tongue:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Giannichedda definitely. A very good destroyer of the play (almost literally) more so than Blasi, but we must not forget that with every club Blasi has played the team has exceeded its limits e.g Perugia finishing above mid-table, Parma finishing 5th and when he left they went crap so its either coincedence or he is quite an important player on the field which we do not see. I would say coincedence maybe.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Deano said:
...so its either coincedence or he is quite an important player on the field which we do not see. I would say coincedence maybe.
Comparable trivia, Deano.... since we purchased Marcelo Zalayeta in 1997.... he has ended the season with Juventus in these seasons: 1997/98, 2001/02, 2002/03, 2004/05, 2005/06....

You will no doubt see, that the seasons where Zala was sent away on loan - we did not win lo scudetto, whereas every single season he ended the season with Juventus - we won the league.

I would say coincidence....maybe....

Blasi can be an important grinder for one of the smaller teams. He's not Juve quality. e basta.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ermmm for sure I agree and dont try to make it out otherwise, however I will say Zalayeta scored some important goals for you guys!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Agree with the general sentiment here - what's the point when the next guy coming in is Cristiano Zanetti? Almost the entire generation (the whole lot of them from Ambrosini, Zanetti, Giannichedda, Blasi, Perotta and I am sorry, even Tach et al) comes in a dime a dozen. Zanetti just so happens to be Capello's pet. Panucci next?

Free transfers are fine. Not having to part with a great chunk of money as initial outlay sounds great. Problem is Juve keeps picking up free transfers with little or no resale value. Old, not exactly washed up players clinging on to their last big contract. Cumulated wagebill? I suppose they can be reasonably relied upon as professionals, who constitute a decent performance baseline in contingencies. If you are required to be (very) occasionally but immediately useful, experience is certainly critical. What about motivation, hunger, effort? The preference is clear as is the direction until 2009.

Alongside Capello's rumoured contract extension, Zebina was reported to have been granted a wage increase as demanded earlier. What on earth is going on? An on-field liability escalated to a financial one as well? Seriously, apart from pet status, what has he done to merit it? Imagine the dissent (esp. Camo) within the squad. Add this to those not pulling their weight and probably sulking on empty financial promises (Zlatan), deadweight losses (free transfers) and negative asset returns / rapid depreciation (Vieira) that might soon be realized when Juve sells him.

If money is an issue, its not so much the income but the expense.

Lastly, for a team that does the absolute minimum to win matches and even allowing for non-rotation, its rather surprising how fatigue is again touted as the reason for non-performance. Trying too hard in doing nothing ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts