Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're quite the facts man, so I'll ask you.

What do you know about Dunaferr SE?

Hajduk plays them in CL qualifying, and all I know is that they're the Hungarian champs. I don't know how strong they are.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Huh, I don't know much either. Their star forward is Attila Tokoli who scored 22 goals in this championship. Gabor Zavadszky is their next goal scorer, but he plays more like an attacking midfielder from the wing. In the centre constantly plays Ferenc Lengyel.
In the front there is a Russian player- Igor Nicsenko who is a typical old fasion central forward. The man who played the most time (I think he played full time in everyone of his 30 matches) is the sweeper Miklos Salamon.
They will count more probably on physical power with crosses to the central forward (in my opinion).
And, Ivo, do you know if Hajduk kept the squad from the previous year: I mean Musa, Leko (I'm not sure about the spelling), Derana, and Baturina...
I think with these players the team will eventually proceed to the next phase. They can try playing on counter attacks, which impressed me in the previous year, at least in the away match. And if they block the wings the matches will be far easier. I count Hajduk as favorites unless Dunaferr makes a surprize.
PS: Dunaferr has better traditions in hockey and handball (especially).
David, about Polonia I'm sure Labas can tell far more. But I surely would like to watch these two matches.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hajduk has kept the nucleus of the team so far. IT remains to be seen who will go in the summer. If they get a really good offer for Leko, they'll sell him. I'm obviously not a Hajduk fan, but I go for them when they play in Europe. I haven't really heard much about any of their players going anywhere, except for Pletikosa. I heard of him going to possibly Real a while back. Hopefully they keep their players, not only for their CL hopes, but for the sake of the league. Dinamo ran away with it at the end of the season, and as much I'm happy to see it, it's still better to have a strong opponent, otherwise, what's the point of watching?

Good luck on Wednesday against Dudelange, although I'm sure you'll beat them quite easily:)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thanx Ivo ;) !
Anyway, today I read that Leko's contract is off and he will be joining Dinamo on a free transfer (not a very usual thought since Leko is one of the best players of Hajduk), and that's very good for Dinamo because Leko will step in Robert's position, but Hajduk will lose much (they are still my favorites). I also read that Dinamo are interested in Martin Petrov (21 year old left wing from Servette) and Silvio Maric. But I don't know to what extend this is reliable.
Luck to all Croatian and Romanian teams in the tournaments, I'll be waiting at the final :) .
PS: Strange, I will never support CSKA (unlike you Ivo) no matter where they play- in the Euro cups or in the Galactic (if made).

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think that the best tie has to be POLONIA WARSZAWA - RAPID BUCHAREST. Both teams are very stron and all you Romanians expecting a easy win may e very worng, although you'll probably prevail:( Polonia is a very stron polish team, with little stars, but a great TEAM. Watch out for players like Emanuel Olisadebe, a black player, the first in the history of poland to have gotten polish citizenship last week, in order to play for the national team! He is super fats and has talent. Otherwise the team is super solid in defense and very ruff playing. They went 15 games without letting a goal in last spring! So watch out you Romanian stars!:D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see Leko going to Dinamo on a free transfer. Hajduk wouldn't have let it go this far, without signing a contract. He's got great potential, and it'd be stupid if they lost him without getting any money.

I heard about Petrov recently, but that's it, I just "heard" about it, there was no real story attached to it. Maric is trying to buy out his contract at Newcastle to come back. I hope so, he'll strengthen the team, and is much better than what he showed in England. The English doesn't suit his own, so he needs to come back to improve his game.

Cao.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA

Giani, Leko already went to Dinamo. Here I am saying I don't think it'll happen.

I haven't been keeping up with things much in the off season, but I can't believe I never heard about this. I feel like I just crawled out from under a rock.

In a way, I think he'll be a better replacement for Robi. I love Robi, but despite his abilities, he hasn't played much for Dinamo over the past few seasons. He's always injured and has poor fitness. In a way, I don't blame Dinamo for getting out of the contract. After all, why pay a player if he doesn't play for you. I think he's only played about 10 league games in the past two seasons.

I hope that he practices hard at Hrvatski Dragovoljac(the team he is with until he finds a new club). Hopefully he improves his fitness, cuts down on the drinking and smoking, and gets back to his best form. I think he's got one more bag of tricks hidden, and I hope he shows it on a European stage.

He's had talks with Leverkusen and Fiorentina. I hope he goes to Fio. But he'll do nothing there unless he improves the fitness.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Are you sure it's Dinamo? I am almost positive it's Rapid, because we had a big discussion on the polish forum about them. I know you wrote Dinamo, but do check it, because something ain't right here. Doesn't Fiorentin Petre play in Rapid?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
There is no polsih forum. the one I am refering to is a newsgroup in my native language. It's in Outlook express and has nothing to do with Xtratime:) And I'm also pretty sure it's Rapid:D

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Giani, it turns out that's a different Leko.:) That explains why i never heard it before, and probably explains the "no fee" transfer you heard about.:)

Barlinek, it's good to see you back bro.:)

Labas, Barlinek is actually Lithuanian, he just pretends to be Polish. Don't let em fool you:D

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
If it is Rapid, I don't think that one can say that there are many stars there. Because there aren't. I would watch for Maldarasanu who plays midfield. He is very good. And Petre plays for Dinamo.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Dinamo will beat Polonia.

If it is Dinamo then, I think Polonia is in very tough. I think Dinamo will win one way or the other. Some of the future Romanian football stars play for Dinamo. Some players to watch out for...

Defense: new signing Pompilu Stoica.
Midfield: Hildan, Petre, and new signing Vladut Munteanu.
Attack: Obviously Niculae, Michalcea and the youngster Claudiu Dragan.

Good luck to both clubs.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Barlinek, on another note, did you hear about the 31m pound bid by Inter for Paul Scholes?

It's actually been confirmed by Inter, or so I read.

Is that the biggest joke in the history of the game or what?

IMHO Scholes is a good player, mostly because he's such a hard worker. He's not the most skilled guy and if he's worth that kind of money, than baseball is the most exciting sport in the world:D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OOps, well i mixed it up too:D Still Polonia is a good side, but probably with no chances against Dinamo:mad: And since Barlinek is Lithuanian for me that almost means Poland, our history is very much the same, with Lithuania being a part of Poland for a very long time. HALA Barlinek! (I knew that nick sounded familiar, although theoretically Lithuanians are from the Baltic language group:))

1 - 20 of 27 Posts