Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tribute to one of the greatest legends of Sampdoria is due. I remember the day in which he joined us: I was very young and he was a rising star. Now it is so sad to see him fighting against his toughest opponent ever, but I hope he wins the way he has won so many times on the pitch.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Amazing player. As a kid he was one of the first strikers I really noticed, especially how he could seemingly score from anywhere. Incredible shot with both feet, volleys, etc.

Was really bummed that he moved to Juve, but actually I was happy for him when he regained and form and he and Ravanelli became a really fearsome strikeforce (with the look of two really old dudes) for a little while before he went to England and the new generation took over.

·
Registered
29,132 Posts
Tbh I disliked him for a while as a kid, when he shaved his head, beefed up, joined Juve, quit the NT, but obviously a great player, a nice fella, and so articulate, certainly for a footballer. :)

[ame]https://youtu.be/HAqskxo1AEg?t=500[/ame]

·
Registered
29,132 Posts
[ame]https://youtu.be/hk3PcB6YEDg?t=249[/ame]

·
Registered
40,292 Posts
no doubt he was one of the best strikers i've ever seen in italy. i'm not old enough to remember his games with samp or juve or in england but i watched many replay matches especially with Juve and the great era at time. Vialli, Del Piero, Baggio, Ravanelli, Conte, Lombardo...etc.

his partner with R.Baggio was one of the greatest and exciting i've ever seen in italy.. i love that Juve era and their amazing character as a team

·
Registered
29,132 Posts
The videos I posted should be started at 8.20 and 4.10, respectively (Vialli goals).

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Fantastic player in his own right, complete striker, almost in the vein of the modern forwards and out of place during his time. Had an excellent career of course and perhaps underachieved a little with the NT but so did every other centre-forward seemingly post-Rossi and throughout the 90s. No disrespect to Massaro or Casiraghi but Vialli up top in USA and who knows what happens.

Hopefully he pulls through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts