Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deserved. Easily the best keeper in seria A in my opinion..and def the most charismatic. Almost 40 now and still playing like a 29 year old.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Sensational season :shades:

·
Registered
251 Posts
he is a true proffessional and extreme athlete, at that age to have such a good level of fitness and reflexes as well as the enthusiam of a 20 year old. He is a king

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Hard to believe he's touching 40,It was like it was yesterday when pagliuca won that famous scudetto with samp.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Schumy said:
Hard to believe he's touching 40,It was like it was yesterday when pagliuca won that famous scudetto with samp.
His heroics against Inter at the San Siro during that Scudetto winning season will live long in the memory..

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
He's a megastar, Buffon can take a hike for now! :)

He's been a nice member of my fantasy team too, almost the only one in that category.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Class player. The way he has been playing is quite remarkable considering his age. That's something I love to see.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
He's incredible. The saves he's been pulling off recently, his agility and reflexes are phenomenal.

Respect.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts

·
MVP
8,990 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Awesome goalkeeper, just a shame he never won as much as he so thoroughly deserved.

That's the price for going to Inter I suppose..

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Pagliuca appeals for respect Friday 22 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna ‘keeper Gianluca Pagliuca has called for his side to be reinstated to Serie A.

The Rossoblu were relegated last season after a play-out with Parma.

However, Messina and Torino have been told that they have been excluded from the top flight due to financial problems - with Bologna on stand-by to replace Messina.

They still have the right to appeal though, but Pagliuca has urged the authorities to respect the rules.

“In other sports like basketball, the rules are respected and several clubs were punished for not following them,” said the former Azzurri man.

“Why shouldn’t the same thing happen in football?

“Last year the presidents agreed to pay the taxes by June 30 – whoever did not do so must be relegated.”

It remains to be seen whether or not the ruling will be upheld, but Pagliuca insists that it won’t affect his future.

“What will I do if Bologna will play in Serie B? Where do you want me to go – this is my city!”

channel4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts