Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Steaua r playing at the National stadium currently. Why is this? Is the Ghencea stadium being renovated and capacity being changed??

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
the pitch on the Ghencea stadium is being renovated. Becali declared that he wants to add more seats as well but I don't know if that will be done or if it's usual Gigi talk (AKA "BS" :D ).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Lupisor! Wen will they move back to Ghencea?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Vaughany said:
I saw that Steaua r playing at the National stadium currently. Why is this? Is the Ghencea stadium being renovated and capacity being changed??
The reason is they want to remake theyre pitch and now the owner of the club Becali, took the stadium on a long term loan and he wants to add 10.000 seats and cover the stadium, it might take alot longer till they come back to Ghencea.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cover as in a retractable roof!? Or just seating cover

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Only seating cover of course ;)
The owner wants the stadium to be at the European Standards, of course a modern stadium is imposible all the Romanian Stadiums are comunist build with theyre "half of strenght" mentality.
We hope we will have a brand new national stadium by 2011 as i hear Sandu ( The federations president ) wants the UEFA Cup Final to celebrate 100 years since the federations was made, even though if you build a modern national stadium, make it at least 60.000 like Lia is now and make it a Champions League final not a UEFA Cup.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
well... the CL final in romania... thats kinda doubtful when you look at romania's position now

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
we can deal a final in 20 years, of course Sandu says its better Euro 2020 then a final, of course that Euro 2020 shared with Hungaria and probably we wont care if us will not have the final so in each way i think Euro 2040 or 2044 will be a chance for Romania but on itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts