Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he'll be looking forsome new stars probably in the dynamo kiev line-up..
holovko and vaschuk are defenders that GH might consider to provide more competition for hyypia and henchoz..

a few weeks ago..there was a link to demetradze(also kiev player)..a striker rated in the 13M bracket.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GH is also rumoured to be interested in international midfielder kakha kahladze..who might eventually cost 6M...

so seems like we'e being linked to almost half kiev 1st team!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as he buys some good attacking midfielders, i'm happy whereever they come from...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Kaha Kalandze is THE MAN! very very very good central midfielder who can also play in defence.However,he is similar to Gerrard.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
708 Posts
From Soccernet

Kaladze looks right for £8m Anfield arrival
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is on the verge of signing Georgia international Kakha Kaladze for £8million.

Houllier has had the 23-year-old Dynamo Kiev midfielder watched on a number of occasions and believes he will be a key addition to his squad.

Kaladze, who plays on the right, scored in Dynamo Kiev's 2-0 victory over Bayern Munich in a European Champions League group game in March, although it wasn't enough to see them progress to the quarter-finals.

Kaladze - like striker Sergei Rebrov, who signed last week for Spurs - had been expected to follow former Kiev team-mate Andrei Shevchenko to Milan last year.

At the time, however, he denied speculation linking him with an early move to one of Europe's top clubs, stressing he would remain at Kiev until the European competitions were over. Now that time has come, Kiev will listen to offers for Kaladze.

Gary McAllister is also ready to put pen to paper with Liverpool, a move which could see Jamie Redknapp on his way from Anfield. The Coventry City skipper will sign a one-year deal after being promised a further 12 months if he helps Liverpool reach the Champions League.

Talks between the former Scotland skipper and Liverpool officials have reached a critical stage and are expected to conclude by the end of the week. The purchase of the ex-Leeds player will likely encourage Chelsea to swoop for Redknapp

·
Registered
441 Posts
....as he would be on the bench a lot unless he can play way out left, plus he is non EU. Doesn't make sense....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Although I heard a rumour that the Swiss will be classed as EU regarding employment law very soon - Anybody know if this is true?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry that didn't sound too good Bill - my apologies. I can't say a great deal at the moment, but it is contected to future friendlies LFC will be playing, and we ain't playing Kiev.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why travel to Kiev to sign Georgians? Isn't Kinkladze one of the most skillful and exciting playmakers in EPL? For me he's miles ahead of Kaladze and not only Kaladze I'd say... I see him as the most natural replacement to Macca. I still don't understand why on earth we didn't sign him and Ziege, when the German was available for a mere 3m.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i heard GH made a fresh 3M bid for sergi..

GH is also monitoring kaladze very closely and he's now valued at 8M...
i don't really know much about this guy...so is he a defensive midfielder then!??

·
Registered
441 Posts
So if everybody thinks we are getting him, who will be sacrificed - Henchoz, Berger or Smicer?

I don't think we'll be getting him

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
M, I think GH is looking at the recent referendum with Switzerland, as they aim to bring their ties with the EEC closer. One of these ties is the removal of work permits required for Swiss nationals. Although I'm not sure when this will come into effect, it will however free up one of those non-EU spots. It also looks like Friedel will be gone this summer, and with Vlads injury plague, amybe Kaladze would get a regular game! ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts