Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Yeah. Yet we lost to West Brom away. We'll definitely beat United at OT this season I can see it coming.

Well done. Didn't see it as I was working, I'll talk later about it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Congradulations. With players like Robinho, Ireland, Elano and SWP its been dissapointing your team hasn’t been able to play this effective counter attacking football more often.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congradulations. With players like Robinho, Ireland, Elano and SWP its been dissapointing your team hasn’t been able to play this effective counter attacking football more often.
Mainly because counter-attacking football usually involves keeping it tight at the back.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ireland goal was amazing, the assist from Robinho and the control and finish by Ireland were very classy.

D

·
0 Posts
City have missed Petrov so much this season. I think that's the reason they've struggled away. His pass opens games up for them.

·
A true hero
31,425 Posts
I wouldn't really rate Petrov for passing especially, his direct running at pace, willingness to shoot and crossing helps, though.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
We have really missed Petrov yeah. He was excellent last season and hopefully he'll still be involved next season. I can see him being a bit more of a squad player mind.

This result definitely puts us in the hunt for Europe. I can't believe we're still in it, but it goes to show how poor the Premier League ahs been this season. We play Spurs at WHL which could be a crunch game. Fortunately we still have two home games which I think we're likely to win. Its just a shame we messed up against Fulham. We have to play Blackburn, United, Spurs and Bolton, so we should pick up at least 6 points from there.

D

·
0 Posts
Petrov is a wonderful player. Great pass, good crosser, vicious shot.

He reminds me on Kanchelskis, but from the left.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Agreed. This should be Dunne's last season as both CB and Captain. Richards deserves working with though, its not abnormal for a young player to have a poor season.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Richards is definitely a work in progress, the boy is quite the athlete btw. He was relied upon too much this season with your injuries, lack of squad depth / experience & De J being cup tied (which pushed Zab to DM).

I read somewhere that Dunne will be sold to Sunderland, true ?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hughes has supported him through thick and thin so far but he himself is on thin Ice. If Hughes does stay, I doubt he would continue to vouch for Dunne (especially after the 2nd leg against Hamburg).

D

·
0 Posts
Richards and Kompany must be paired together. Kompany is ten times better in defense than in midfield.

But what to do with Onouha? Another excellent defender, possible better defensively than Richards, although Richards is the better overall player.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts