Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Gyula
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s be brutally honest here, we all know we’re not going to qualify for the Euro. We're gonna watch other teams play in our stadium in our city in our country. Like watching your wife getting banged by another man. Welcome to Eurocuck 2020

And it’s not because I don’t think we have the physical or technical ability. I think it comes down to an issue of confidence and self doubt. Ever since Gera and Kiraly retired, we just haven’t been the same. They left a huge vaccum in the leadership, experience and confidence departments. Gera and the King were men on a team of boys and now that the men have left, these boys are clueless, lost and a mess.

We know they won’t man up to get this done. They’re going to fold like they always have. Otherwise we’d already be in. And this hurts on a whole different level because we’ve been given an opportunity to host the damn thing. And we’ve been given an opportunity to get in 2 different ways. And we’ve been given a relatively easy group. And we’ve been given a 24-team expanded Euro. You really can’t ask much more than that. The only other way is to actually host the whole tournament and not have to qualify but whatever, that’s not what we’re talking about here.

Here’s the thing I haven’t lived in Hungary, but have visited it on more occasions than I can count. Thinking of retiring or getting a part time home there. Absolutely love the country. It’s where my heart feels at home the most. But what is going on with our young men? Why are they such pushovers, such wet paper bags? I have never seen a softer, less convincing youth. Those of you who live there, is this a cultural epidemic that’s spilling over into foci? Every time we have good promising young talent they just shit their pants and underachieve. And this isn’t anything recent, this has been going on for decades.

I don’t get it but I’m getting tired, I don’t think I can follow football anymore. I’m getting older too and I don’t want to waste my life on this trash. My heart just isn’t in it anymore. We see Iceland and Croatia showing everyone how it’s done with limited resources and small populations and yet here we are fielding utter and complete failures each and every fucking game. I get it not everybody can be Iceland or Croatia but every now and then we see a spike by other small countries. For example Slovakia has a good couple of years, or how about Finland qualifying straight? Or even Slovenia a little while ago. Serbia has the odd spike, so does Romania…etc. Small countries go up and down…that’s normal. Except Hungary, always down, always shit, always failing. The only exception in 30 years was in 2016 and again it was because of 2 guys: Gera and Kiraly.

Not sure what the point of this thread is but I guess I’m not surprised Hungarians aren’t really into foci, how can they be when they’re always being served garbage. How can they be this bad for this long? And if only we didn’t that glorious past…that too was ruined by not winning the world cup. I almost prefer not having that history, because then it wouldn’t be as embarrassing. We could just say that it’s not our thing. Just brush it off.

What are we doing boys? What the **** are we doing here?

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
There is truth in this thread, loads of young hun guys are pussies. Actually young girls have more cojones because they see that boys stopped growing into men so they have to do what the non-existing men can't do, run this country economically. Natural selection works.

Football is still our thing, we just need some karma. I know, I can't believe I'm saying this but if all our half-decent defenders are injured at the time the vital matches take place then guess what, we won't see many great defending from our toothless back wall. Also, our only half-decent DM gets overloaded and one time he gets to stand alone in our own box with his 155 cm height and try to do something against the opponent's 186 centre forward.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Know what you mean. It is a bit life-sucking, especially as there seems to be no end in sight. I'd almost be a little embarrassed if we made it in at this point. I'd still be rooting for us of course, but still it's rather pathetic.

Why are our young men such pushovers, such wet paper bags? Been asking this question forever and there just seems to be no real answer. At least those in the szakma who might be able to do something about it don't seem to have any clues. In this long period, at one time is was, "because we don't have academies". Well, now we have them and look where we are. I'm not sure our crumbling stadiums was ever given as a reason, but regardless, we have new ones now anyway. Basically anything that $ can buy has been done, but there is more to producing quality players than just spending.

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
yeah that's some weird shit, I didn't even know you guys play basketball

what the hell were people eating in Hungary in the 1950s that you were so good at every sport?
No money/opportunities to do much else...and more places to play.

I think all of Europe plays basketball. Outside of football it's really the only other truly global sport. The NBA has more Europeans in it every year.

There is truth in this thread, loads of young hun guys are pussies. Actually young girls have more cojones because they see that boys stopped growing into men so they have to do what the non-existing men can't do, run this country economically. Natural selection works.

Football is still our thing, we just need some karma. I know, I can't believe I'm saying this but if all our half-decent defenders are injured at the time the vital matches take place then guess what, we won't see many great defending from our toothless back wall. Also, our only half-decent DM gets overloaded and one time he gets to stand alone in our own box with his 155 cm height and try to do something against the opponent's 186 centre forward.
Our women's team isn't good either:) Even though Marozsán Dzseni is one of the best female players on earth, doesn't do a damn thing for us. If anything, it proves Hungarians have a chance at being able to play as long as they get away from Hungary asap:D

Is football our thing? I'm not so sure it is. It WAS our thing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts