Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GERS TO GET DARKO GO-AHEAD?
by Patrick Goss

RANGERS appear to have been given the green light to make a swoop for Juventus' Yugoslavian star Darko Kovacevic - according to reports in the Italian press.
La Stampa has suggested that the Scottish Champions are ready to make a £17.5 million move for the 26-year-old striker - who hit a hot streak of form at the end of Juve's last campaign.

Kovacevic, who was used mainly as a substitute in the Bianconeri's last campaign, scored an impressive double against Internazionale in one of only three starts for the club.

The Yugoslav has found himself dropping down the pecking order behind the likes of Alessandro del Piero and Filippo Inzaghi - since moving to the club from Real Sociedad.

Kovacevic has played in the Premiership for Sheffield Wednesday and, if he can be persuaded to leave the Delle Alpi stadium, could be set to return to the British shores with Rangers.

The Glasgow side, arguably one of the richest clubs in Europe, could afford the massive transfer fee required to bring the marksman to the Scottish Premier League - although they will face competition from Liga side Real Zaragoza, who have already had a £17 million bid rebuffed.

Well, here we go......another true or flase guessing story.
For me i personally would prefer Darko to stay. I really like him at Juve as i think he is a great player and if given the chance, can turn out to be a magnificent player. This guy has to stay.........if u ask me, i rather play Darko than Inzaghi......at least Darko won't fall that easily:D Anyway, i believe the main strikers that should stay are Darko, DP, and Trez....i'm not saying the others should be sold but IMHO, these 3 should be in most of Ancelotti's plans.

Forza Darko!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It's just british bull! Don't believe a word of it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really??!!
Well i am God damn relieved to hear that!!
I'll be looking for his name on the scoresheet when the league starts:D:p

Forza Kova

D

·
0 Posts
I'm hoping for a Kovacevic - Trezeguet tandem :)

Still, one of those over-rated local players DP or Inzaghi will probably start. Sometimes I want even Esnaider to start ahead of them. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts