Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you all needed reminding he's twenty times the player Lampard could ever hope to be :thmbup: :shades:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
today Gerrard dominated the game against Chelsea more than Lampard.
too bad we lost because of stupid refere

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
khimik said:
Just in case you all needed reminding he's twenty times the player Lampard could ever hope to be :thmbup: :shades:
This wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Lampard plays for one of Arsenal's title rivals would it? :pp

In fairness, unlike Gerrard - Lampard is playing for a better quality team, when Gerrard is off form - it's much more costly than what a Lampard off form would be.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
_Eight_Ball_ said:
This wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Lampard plays for one of Arsenal's title rivals would it? :pp
Nah, I reckon Gerrard's amazing whereas I've always thought Lampard was a poncey little chav shirker ;)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Gerrard is better than Lampard, but Lampard has more consistency.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
It's stupid to say that Gerrard is "miles" better than Gerrard, because he obviously isn't. They are both exceptional midfielders, each having different strenghts and weaknesses.
I think that Lampard is the more intelligent of the two and is definitely more tactically aware than Gerrard. However, Gerrard is more dynamic, he's able to cover the ground better and is better defensively. I don't know, they are both great players, it's hard to chose.

Personally I'd chose Gerrard.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
He probably is, but you have to remember Gerrard is surrounded by poorer players than Lampard, so it's easier for him to stand out.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I didn't say they were poor, all I'm saying is Gerrard is playing in a poorer team than Lampard.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The poorer team with injuries dominated for long spells against the so-called better team. Lady Luck isn't smiling on Liverpool this season.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
mutu1875 said:
He probably is, but you have to remember Gerrard is surrounded by poorer players than Lampard, so it's easier for him to stand out.
How great was West Ham? I remember they still had J.Cole, Carrick, Sinclair, Di Canio, Kanoute, Rio and G.Johnson when Lampard was playing there. Not a bad lineup of 7 players. But where was West Ham?

Gerrard's carried his first and (so far) only team in the EPL. Did Lampard do the same at West Ham? By right, that West Ham team should be poorer than Pool by quite a distance, since most of the Pool players were played that West Ham team before many left it is still playing today.

C'mon. You Chelsea fans have the right to be proud for last night, but for judging us like that?

There's not much difference between the way you played last night, and when you played the Arse. And you played even worse against the Mancs.

Still thinking Lampard is as good as Gerrard?

Gerrard ****ing got us into the UCL last 16. Where was Lampard when Chelsea was playing Monaco is the second leg? What, Lampard not matured enough and the team wasn't gelling yet then? That Chelsea team still played around 4-5 players which played yesterday. They weren't great last season, so now they're great?

LG is not great, he's might not even be above average for all his miss-cued passes. But he's not poor. A poor buy for 6 million maybe, and I agree to it to a certain extent, but not poor up to the level that deserves the whole current Liverpool team to be called a poorer team than Chelsea.

The only thing that makes Pool poorer than Chelsea is that we don't have a sugar daddy who decided to make footie his favourite pastime.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
mutu1875 said:
I didn't say they were poor, all I'm saying is Gerrard is playing in a poorer team than Lampard.
For a fan of a team with a 200 million and counting price tag, Roman could use that money and buy his fans some more perspective instead.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have to say Gerrard was the more visible player last night and seems to stand out more. Lampard is a little less spectacular but probably(?) a little more consistent. There's no point arguing over who is better. They're both excellent and as Mutu 20 said bring different strengths to the game.

But Liverpool are certainly not a 'poor' team. There is not a single player in Liverpool I would label as 'poor'. And to argue, therefore, that it's easier for Gerrard to stand out isn't right.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yeah he is a great player, thats y next season he will be joining chelsea.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
I would. Weak, lacks vision and intelligence.
I presume you're being sarcastic seeming as Alonso has probably got the best vision in the Premiership aswell as being one of the more intelligent players.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts