Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what TuttoSport is reporting in Italy (a translation from www.calciomercato.com)

"The Liverpool Captain is tempted by the Juventus offer. The negotations between Luciano Moggi and the powerful English midfielder are ongoing. Contact has been made with the player who has given a very positive response.

A Juventus emissary is in England. The mediator between the two clubs is the same one who pulled off the Vieira deal."

---------------------

With L. Moggi, anything is possible.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
tuttosport is basically juve's magazine. It's not really reliable. ;)

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Well if it's in Tuttosport, it must be true.

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
That would completely suck. It would be as if you got yourselves a brand new Nedved, even an improved version actually, for the next 5 years.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
getting gerrard would mean one of vieira or emerson would be leaving. i cant see all three being fielded at the same time...the team already lacks creativity.

Gerrard is a star player but IMO the team needs a more creative player to link the midfield and forwards.

I really don't understand why Capello and Moggi keep ignoring this fact.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
CUG said:
getting gerrard would mean one of vieira or emerson would be leaving.
perhaps the rumours of Paddy going to United are true? it all adds up, Vieira doesn't really like the quiet life in Torino, he said to Poll the Italian refs are harsh, United have said their midfield target is still playing in CL.

now you just have to convince Pool to part with him, it will be a lot of money for sure.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
van said:
That would completely suck. It would be as if you got yourselves a brand new Nedved, even an improved version actually, for the next 5 years.
I find that to be way off. Ofcourse Gerrard is a better player today, but when Nedved was on top there wasn't a single thing that he couldn't do at least as good as Gerrard does.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Will not be happy if we sign a dirty scouse. Does Heysel mean nothing?
Id rather have Aguero or Riquelme, or any1 whose not a scally.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Vaughany said:
Will not be happy if we sign a dirty scouse. Does Heysel mean nothing?Id rather have Aguero or Riquelme, or any1 whose not a scally.
Yeah ofcourse it does! Infact, we should always hate anyone that has any assosation with Liverpool, whether it is a coach, player or fan! I mean why should we forgive them for something that they share absolutly no blame in!

:rollani:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Nero said:
Well if it's in Tuttosport, it must be true.
:thumbsup:

Liverpool is a team on the up, and their finances are more than decent. Why would they sell their talisman who just signed a new contract prior to this season? It makes little sense in my view.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
i dunno about this, but seems highly unlikely because Gerrard's body language this season has been different to the past 2 seasons, if anything he's more commited, more settled and has more confidence in the team. He seems more of a team player and settled in his own right, would seem odd that he'd move now, but football is funny and anytrhing can happen, highly unlikely though IMO.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Vieira to united is interesting. He definitely is a player who is needed. With Moggi constantly being rumoured to C.Ronaldo, I wonder if a deal could be struck somehow.

If Vieira does leave, then for sure Gerrard would be a good replacement. However, it does make you wonder whether a true left winger will be brought in as Nedved is on the decline and Mutu isn't a true winger.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hasuni said:
I find that to be way off. Ofcourse Gerrard is a better player today, but when Nedved was on top there wasn't a single thing that he couldn't do at least as good as Gerrard does.
i completely agree with you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts