Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerrard, least inspirational?

is he the least inspirational player in football today and a reference of whats wrong in the sport? yes he puts in 110% effort in all games, he covers every inch of the grass. but it stops there, he is one of the reasons why Liverpools is the most predictable and boring side to watch. No inspiration at all just run run and run some more.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
He also has a very good long shot; dives well; does hit those hollywood balls; has pretty good link up play in and around the box and on top of that he is English.

2nd best player in the World after Rooney.

:rolleyes:

Also define inspirational?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
3rd is Beckham

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Gerrard is Liverpools inspiration when they are down. His header got them going vs Milan, his goal to get them through vs Olympiakos, his goal to send the Fa Cup into extra time. At club level, his presence lifts the whole team IMO

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
haha....i think you got this one wrong...inspirational is the main word that can be used to describe gerrard...he does everything on the field and fights till the end for his team....i really respect him for that

but noway a man with no technique and footballing brain is among the Top 10 players (even if he performs like a superman by hustling, running and shooting)

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Oxymoronic thread, in that you were inspired by Gerrard to make this thread.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
what a retarded thread, typical...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Why is MutOofd aka Referee aka HoratioNelson allowed to have more than one account?

Isn't that against the rules of XT?

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Oxymoronic thread, in that you were inspired by Gerrard to make this thread.
LOL, yes. I think the guy was possibly referring to Liverpool's general style of play being un-inspiring and rubbish, and Gerrard being captain was least inspiring... I feel I'm losing brain cells.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Gerrard, least inspirational?

is he the least inspirational player in football today and a reference of whats wrong in the sport? yes he puts in 110% effort in all games, he covers every inch of the grass. but it stops there, he is one of the reasons why Liverpools is the most predictable and boring side to watch. No inspiration at all just run run and run some more.
What a load of nonsense. Gerrard is an extremely underrated player. As for him putting 110% in all games and running around all game, he really doesn't. He just walks around doing nothing and yelling at his team mates and then has a moment of magic. That's all he does. Example the Atletico game, he was quite poor but he set up Keane's goal with brilliant pass and should have had another assist with a brilliant cross that Keane embarrassingly missed. So whilst having a poor game he still should have had two assists. Wish every other Liverpool player could be as equally unispirational :rollani:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
What a load of nonsense. Gerrard is an extremely underrated player. As for him putting 110% in all games and running around all game, he really doesn't. He just walks around doing nothing and yelling at his team mates and then has a moment of magic. That's all he does. Example the Atletico game, he was quite poor but he set up Keane's goal with brilliant pass and should have had another assist with a brilliant cross that Keane embarrassingly missed. So whilst having a poor game he still should have had two assists. Wish every other Liverpool player could be as equally unispirational :rollani:
Mate, its a wind up, don't take the guy seriously.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts