Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like our unlucky streak is about to continue, hamman is injured ,alonso isn't match fit hasn't played a full game since his injury comeback.

gerrard got a groin strain.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I just read that on other forums. :( They mention that if he plays against Juve then he'll probably be out for the season. I'm still hoping that it's bollox but if it's true then it would really be a huge blow. Just when we thought things were getting better with Xabi's imminent return.

:frustrat:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
What?!?!?!?!?!?! :eekani:

Liverpool without Gerrard, Alonso and Hamann doesnot stand a very good chance in the return leg!

I hate it when two teams face each other without full strength line-ups! It reduces the spectacle!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
News starting to spread so I guess there is something into it. :skull: I doubt Rafa will risk playing Xabi from the start so we might start with Welsh-Biscan :eekani:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Is this confirmed or just a rumor?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Skipper Gerrard said:
Doubtful. Its not the quality of players that cause our catastrophic away form, its their lack of belief and desire to get truly stuck in.
maybe so, but a midfield duo of Welsh and Biscan is going to find it very hard over there.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if Gerrard is out you are FUC'KED :googly:

u sure dude?? :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
maybe so, but a midfield duo of Welsh and Biscan is going to find it very hard over there.
Having said that, this is a good opportunity for these players. Games like these can be the making of a footballer, Welsh may just rise to the occasian.

Still, that sucks. Any news on who is going in goal?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we are well and truly fooked ,welsh is young and hasn't shown enough potential in any matches I have saw him in to suggest he can even wipe gerrard's boots.

a half fit alonso and a biscan ,I can see a hammering ,this season has been one injury after another ,can't wait for it to end.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Thank god. Would hate to see Chelsea playing Liverpool in the semi's.

(Winner Chelsea-Bayern vs Winner Liverpool-Juventus right??)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
It's just that I don't think you've got a chance against Chelsea. I want Chelsea out of the CL, and I think Juve has the quality to make that happen. :cool:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
OFFICIAL: GERRARD OUT OF JUVENTUS MATCH
Paul Rogers 11 April 2005
Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of Liverpool's crucial Champions League quarter-final second leg tie against Juventus on Wednesday night after failing to recover from a groin strain at the weekend.
The Liverpool captain suffered an adductor strain in the final minutes of Liverpool's 1-nil defeat to Manchester City at the City of Manchester Stadium on Saturday and was today ruled out of the trip to Turin by medical staff at the club's Melwood training complex.

A spokesperson for Liverpool Football Club confirmed Gerrard would not travel with the squad to Turin on Tuesday but will stay at Melwood for further treatment. Club doctors are hopeful Gerrard may be able to recover in time to be involved in Liverpool's game against Tottenham at Anfield on Saturday.
****s sake, just got to pray and hope a less then half fit Xabi can pull something out of the bag

1 - 20 of 35 Posts