Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has given Gerard Houllier a massive show of support by stating that he will review his own future at the club if the manager is axed in the summer.

Gerard is the most influential player at the club and he has formed a strong bond with the manager which has included various private conversations about how the team can recover from this season and go forward. The skipper isn't afraid to speak his mind when he thinks people aren't pulling their weight and he is without a doubt, Houllier's strongest ally.

"If Gerard Houllier left the club I would have to consider my own future," warned the skipper. "I believe he is the man for the job, I like playing for him."
===========================

So who's he playing for ? Liverpool FC or Gerard Houllier ? I'd gladly pay Stevens fair to the airport if he wants.Maybe he'll go to Nice or something with Ged ?

What am i talking about he wont have to worry, numerous reports today saying that Houllier has been assured that he'll be here next season.Because we are run by a bunch of spineless people who are running an old boys club rather than a football club, and cant make decisions for the benefit of the real people who love the club
===========================

Newspaper reports today claim that Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier will not be sacked in the summer after the Anfield board gave him assurances that his job was safe.

Houllier has insisted that he will not walk away from the job despite calls for him to be replaced by someone else. Each week new conflicting reports appear so it is hard to judge what the truth actually is.

We understand that Houllier has been told it's business as usual for now. Nobody from executive level has come out and publicly said he will still be at Anfied next season to finally end all the speculation so that must privately worry the manager.

Sources claim that the manager has already provided his shortlist of targets to Rick Parry for the summer with reports today adding that Houllier must sell in the summer to generate transfer funds.

·
Registered
811 Posts
well, i think that his real name is steven gerard.....it's so obvious that he's his son:rolleyes: as pro.......we should be commited to the club, not for a manager............at least for such a kind of manager

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Did you truly believe that Houllier would be leaving at the end of the season anyway?

Interesting comments from Gerrard though......

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Err no ofcourse not, as stated in that other thread about who will be manager next season.Just seeing it confirmed is devestating and infuriating.Im sure you and Cardiff are all giddy though at the prospect of more disgraceful football, disgraceful efforts, early European exit at the hands of some minnows and another nailbiting race for 4th...

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

stevie g, say it ain't so.

Frankly i'm dissappointed by Stevie G's actions, he's solidified the position of a man who's obviously not doing his job well, and has let his affection for the fellow obstruct his views on reality...

This is a sad day.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Frankly I am not surprised.

Houllier introduced Stevie G to the first team in his first full season and gave him the captaincy this year. Stevie G has a lot of reason to feel grateful to Ged.

I believe he wants Ged to stay, however I do not think he will leave if Ged leaves. Just a bit of youthful anger, I guess.

If a new manager will to take over, if he has donw his homework, he must sit down with Gerrard and have a discussion and get to know each other better. Gerrard is the most vital element to the team.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Tell Stevie that the stinky red scarf will still be hanging round the neck of the Toad come winter 2005.

He has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, in the 2005/6 La Liga, Michael Owen scored his third hat-trick of the season for his new club Real Madrid, and in the English Premiership, new Anfield signing Cisse missed his fifth sitter in a row as Liverpool crashed 0-4 at Carrow Road...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Soooooo..........we're turning on Steven Gerrard now are we.

Good good.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Errrr look at the issue, the statement etc and stop talking bollocks.And nobody's turned on him, personally im annoyed at what i see as arogant, inconsiderate and threatening comments.What do you think ? Ohh wait what does Houllier think, dont worry no need to answer then.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
King of the Kop said:
Errrr look at the issue, the statement etc and stop talking bollocks.And nobody's turned on him, personally im annoyed at what i see as arogant, inconsiderate and threatening comments.What do you think ? Ohh wait what does Houllier think, dont worry no need to answer then.
THE fan's idol and our best player and captain comes out in support of the gaffer and says he's the best man for the job. See sacking the manager isn't as cut and dried as people make out. There are reasons for him staying.

If our best player who works with him everyday thinks he hould stay surely we need to look at the issue more closely than just accepting he's a bad manager who should go .

Maybe Houllier has communicated to the players what he wants them to achieve, how he wants them to play, what he expects in the future, how he handles the younger players coming up, that he'll be adding players to see that we reach those goals.

Maybe Stevie G knows all this, maybe he wants that, too. Maybe he see's day in day out what it is going on. Maybe he agree's with who starts, who sits the bench, what tactics Houllier wants the side to employ.

And just maybe Stevie believes that Houllier can lead the club to greatness ..

Maybe he's afraid a new manager would end up gutting things, taking 4 years to rebuild and Stevie thinks we're not that far away now..

But maybe, we need to let Stevie talk for himself and not "read" into every word what the meaning is or is meant to be..

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
King of the Kop said:

If he has said this then he should be applauded for his loyalty, he wont be by some people who want GH gone whatever the cost. In fact they will probably slate him for having the audacity to back the manager (see above quoted post:D), perhaps he can see what is going to happen and believes great things are just round the corner. He only works with him day in day out but hey lets not his greater knowledge of the situation interupt the anti GH vitriol that some people spout on here.

I'm not sure he is the man for the job, but if he's good enough for Stevie, who happens to be our best player and skipper then i'll listen to him above other less informed individuals.;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
....or perhaps Gerrard is simply acutely aware that Hooflier will not be sacked during this season, and prefers to keep the focus on Liverpool's race towards the CL spot? 2 months back that debate was legitimate, but right now Pool fans throwing tantrums because of Houllier is not really 'productive'. Rather wait out the season and show a united effort to ahve the board dismiss Houllier thereafter. Because obviously the man has got to go.

If anything can shut up criticism it should be your leading star and captain showing his support for the gaffer. However- if Liverpool were to get a coach and signings who offered a realistic charge for better things next season- I'd be very surprised if Gerrard jumped ship.

This is merely talk.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I don't think for one moment that Stevie G will jump ship regardless of whoever is at the helm.

I also don't see Houllier being sacked, although his contract is up at the end of next season. I would guess it won't be renewed...

I see you've changed allegiences Glen?:D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Never Razor! It's merely the little bet travesty going on in the SerieA forums. Back to my old beautifull self on wednesday ;).

It might well be that Houllier is retained for another season I guess. The reasoning propably being the same as in our case where Lippi really has to go as well. It's expensive to release a coach and get another, unless, like Mourinho, he's out of contract.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If Steven thinks all those things about LFC then he's sadly a deluded fool.Steven obviously has a strong with GH, im not going to go into your post in any detail because it's full of maybes that are irrelevant and for the most part presumed untrue.

And he shouldnt be applauded for his "loyalty", lets just say GH's future hasnt been sorted by those weak people, then that is blatantly holding the club to ransom.Ofcourse Steven may know that GH is staying whcih means all he's doing is being theatrical, Stevie can show his support for GH publicly in many differant and appropriate ways.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
If Steven thinks all those things about LFC then he's sadly a deluded fool.
I wonder who exactly is the deluded ones. The fans who have no direct contact with those in the club and sit behind there computers hundreds of miles away, or the club captain who is at the club every day see's all the goings on and is in a far better position to judge.

Still KOTK, you're not afraid to turn on influential players are you, first Dalglish now Gerrard.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A supporter of Houllier even mentioning the word deluded without referring to themselves is hilarious.

Where have i turned on Gerrard FFS !? Im giving my opinion on a comment of his for gods sake.Again address other things rather than me and everyone else on here occasionaly.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
So Gerrard isn't a deluded fool now?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I said if Steven thinks all those things (the scenarios that Razor dreamed up) he's a deluded fool.Dont worry if you cant follow the debate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts