Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe once he realises he isn't God he'll play a bit better. Why did he insist on taking the penalty, why didn't Morientes take it? Seriously, **** him, contrary to popular belief, we play better without him and with Alonso. Arrogant twat, he probably was dying to score that just so he could repeat "I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the ****ing man"

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
He's still a very good player just starting to believe all his own hype, think he's trying to hard at the moment.

On a side note how good is Alonso? Bloody el this man is amazing can't wait for him to get back to full fitness!

Just read that article it's quite good.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
you can have patrik berger back if u don't want gerrard :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Fickle barstewards. Incidentally, Morientes is in great form isn't he?

Gerrard's probably on a PR mission to make you lot turn on him so that he can escape without his family recieving death threats this time.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Fickle barstewards. Incidentally, Morientes is in great form isn't he?

Gerrard's probably on a PR mission to make you lot turn on him so that he can escape without his family recieving death threats this time.
I think Shaggy is just taking out his frustration after Gerrard recent poor form. If anyone says he's not world class there obviously insane.

And I don't think you can call anyone fickle half of your fans want rid of Fergie, and were saying they need to replace Keane, Giggs and Scholes at the start of the season.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
He played fantastically well today, all he did wrong was miss the pen. If you can keep him in there with Alonso as the base of the side next season you'll be immense.

Lord knows if I was a Liverpool fan I'd rather he was in red than blue.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
He played fantastically well today, all he did wrong was miss the pen. If you can keep him in there with Alonso as the base of the side next season you'll be immense.

Lord knows if I was a Liverpool fan I'd rather he was in red than blue.
I'm a big fan of Gerrard but today he wasn't at his best

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Maybe not but he still looked the best player out there for you apart from Garcia imo. Tackled, awareness, good balls, usual all action stuff.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Maybe not but he still looked the best player out there for you apart from Garcia imo. Tackled, awareness, good balls, usual all action stuff.
You sure you aint got Alonso and Gerrard mixed up? No disrespect to Gerrard but next to Alonso he looks amateur today

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Alonso was fab at Erreala and was a great signing for the Reds.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Shaggy Alonso said:
Maybe once he realises he isn't God he'll play a bit better. Why did he insist on taking the penalty, why didn't Morientes take it? Seriously, **** him, contrary to popular belief, we play better without him and with Alonso. Arrogant twat, he probably was dying to score that just so he could repeat "I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the ****ing man"
He did win you the pen in the first place didn't he? :googly:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Ok what's the probabiltiy he'll score the winning goal against Chelsea in the SF?

Or even worse, the winning away goal in the same game! :D

Hopefully the first.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
You sure you aint got Alonso and Gerrard mixed up? No disrespect to Gerrard but next to Alonso he looks amateur today
You see this is what I don't get about Alonso. Yeah he spread the ball well, so does Beckham. When he tried to run with the ball he ran into Carrick and lost it everytime. Gerrard's cross ended up with a goal and he won a penalty with a great run. His passing was off early on, but then his passing was cutting the defence apart with a few chances and had a shot hit the post. Plus he can tackle. And obviously suffered from coming back from an injury. Alonso did not do anything like that. Yet he well get the plaudits because Gerrard missed a penalty (that he earnt) and Alonso did some hollywood passes. Having said that Alonso did great so early from his broken ankle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Shaggy Alonso said:

Pure Madness. Gerrard was very good today. How can you say hes Arrogant? You don't even know the boy. I freely admit that Alonso was clearly better on the day though.

Marc said:
You see this is what I don't get about Alonso. Yeah he spread the ball well, so does Beckham. When he tried to run with the ball he ran into Carrick and lost it everytime. Gerrard's cross ended up with a goal and he won a penalty with a great run. His passing was off early on, but then his passing was cutting the defence apart with a few chances and had a shot hit the post. Plus he can tackle. And obviously suffered from coming back from an injury. Alonso did not do anything like that. Yet he well get the plaudits because Gerrard missed a penalty (that he earnt) and Alonso did some hollywood passes. Having said that Alonso did great so early from his broken ankle.

Marc, you're blind. Alonso gave up the ball 3 or 4 times at most, and never cheaply like Garcia. By the way, on my list for the day, i'd put Garcia after Alonso, Gerrard, and Hyppia. Could you believe that strike by Sami!? Maybe we should think about pairing him up with El Moro!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Skipper Gerrard said:
Marc, you're blind. Alonso gave up the ball 3 or 4 times at most, and never cheaply like Garcia. By the way, on my list for the day, i'd put Garcia after Alonso, Gerrard, and Hyppia. Could you believe that strike by Sami!? Maybe we should think about pairing him up with El Moro!
I never said he gave the ball away though (or compared with garcia), I said he didn't have an effect on the game in the way Gerrard did. Beckham usually gets his passes right as well, put him under pressure, go for a 50/50 ball etc. and he loses out. And his passes are usually of the 'hollywood' variety. Yeah they look good floating to their intended destination but what do they actually accomplish. Although to balance things, he was one of the best assist men in football and can still pull it out of the bag.

Gerrard had a pass that set Garcia free on goal which required defenders to get back and take the ball away. He commited defenders into following him, allowing him to set Finnan off into a sea of space for a clear shot on goal (at a tight angle). He kept the pace up and set Finnan free in space again with a throw in which followed to Morientes for a glorious chance. He commited defenders in a run to win a penalty. He got a cross in that led to a goal. In short he had more EFFECT. Thats not to say Alonso is bad, its just I feel Gerrard is perhaps getting some sting for all the hoopla that is surrounding him through no real fault of his own.

Its not a bad idea to be honest, Morientes isn't exactly up with the pace of things at the moment and Hyypia offers height and has magically found himself a strikers foot. :D Good on him.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
people take things way too far, he's good but whatever happened to Noone is bigger than the Club? Frankly his "I"m the Man" antics annoyed me, he's not the Man and nobody who's actually the man Claims to be THE MAN. It takes away from the team spirit and separates the players. We all know Stevie G is a great player but do the reporters have to ask other players everything about Steven Gerrard? Don't you see how the other players must hate to answer such questions? It's a team game, not this I'm the Man shit. Biting the badge? I remember Alan Smith doing that when he scored for Leeds. Look what happened to him?

I want him to stay but reality check please

1 - 20 of 58 Posts