Votes: 1 4.5%
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Germany Vs South Korea: Official match thread

Germany, not been playing well and still get through

South Korea, run all day but in the knock out have had dubious decisions given to them, to say the least.

IMO the linesman on the sides where germany have been attacking will decide this match

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I will be chearing for South Korea. If they win they will win because they have a decent team. This is the reason why they are in the semi's :stuckup:.

Problem is the German "Grundlichkeit". They soo seldomly loose from a team that in general is less good than they are. Still if some say Korea doesn't belong in the Semi's you can't clame Germany do. They have a very very average team, but the best player of the tournament... Oliver Kahn.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The Koreans have gotten this far by eliminating Portugal, Italy and Spain. Does anyone believe they can't beat the Germans????
Germany have been solid if unexpectacular and again will rely n their aerial game to try and win the game.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I have the Germans Advancing to the Final... ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I can't stand Germany. They bore me to death.

Having said that... I'll support them against korea. A team that does not deserve to be here, a team that is being protected by refs and linesmen, a team carried by the FIFA scumbags like a baby is carried by their mothers.

And if indeed Korea makes it to the final, I wont be switching on my TV for it. I'm not interested to see a 5-0 win for Brazil in a WC final. Like I'm not interested in watching a referee handing the win to Korea.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I am furious because these semi-doped midgets are the reason WC is ruined. FIFA wants their money so they open the way to the final for their team.

FIFA has effectivelly pissed on the face of every fan of the game on earth in order to open the Asian market of football. European teams with millions of fans who have been giving their money to FIFA since football started are being treated like dirt so Asians learn what football is. I have no problem in expanding the game in Asia, but screwing a WC in order to achieve that is outrageous. I dont recall USA going to the semi finals on 1994 yet the sport progressed and the USA team 8 years later was simply great.

We have been waiting 4 years for the WC and now we get that pharse? that fiasco? the game being dominated by ref and linesmen wanna bes who cant tell left from right and have orders to decide the game as it suits the champagne drinking, chaviar eating scumbags of FIFA? I'm not amused at all.

For the good of the game? Yeah right.

**** Korea, **** Japan, **** FIFA, **** Blatter, **** money, **** paid fans on the stands (yeah, we really believe there are hardcore Japanese and Korean fans of Costa Rica and Ecuador :rolleyes: ), **** the WC.

Give me back my football. The game where the best team wins.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If FIFA really wants a Asia team to win WC, wouldn't it better be Japan and not Korea? In many ways, Japan just better than Korea, market-bility, money, political power everything, or better still help Korea AND Japan through to the final...

I agree some team been screwed by refrees but please don't lump Korea or Japan or Asia in your consipiracy theory. Look at the teams that benefited by ref decisions, Croatia, Mexico, USA, they all out. Well the Italians been unlucky, but remember if FIFA wanted them out of WC, they wouldn't qualify to the second round...Everybody say Italy been screwed by FIFA, but why Italy? Why not Brazil (they can claimed ref screwed them with that Ronadinlho sent off), why not Germany? When come FIFA politics, country like Italy, England have much more power than other little country, and we all Blatter doesn't see eye to eye with his vice-president, A GUY FROM KOREA.

Some of you complaint about refs from little country and they lack experience, but most of the errors are from European and S. American. Larsen, Poll, Nieto, Moreno, Pendegrast, Frisk....and so on.

To me, there is no consipiracy, just with refs making unending errors. This is not the first time WC filled with refs errors, remember hand of god? Baggio deceived the ref with that penalty claim when they play Chile? The list goes on and on. It just many people have short memory and concentrated to things they see couple of days ago.

You say this WC is ruined because of bad refs. I say because for once the dubious went AGAINST the big teams, now they cry foul. Fair play my friend. You live by sword, you die by sword.

·
Registered
144 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I can't stand Germany. They bore me to death.

Having said that... I'll support them against korea. A team that does not deserve to be here, a team that is being protected by refs and linesmen, a team carried by the FIFA scumbags like a baby is carried by their mothers.

And if indeed Korea makes it to the final, I wont be switching on my TV for it. I'm not interested to see a 5-0 win for Brazil in a WC final. Like I'm not interested in watching a referee handing the win to Korea.
sad, but i agree. i don't respect Korea right now. I had a sympathy at first but not now...

·
Registered
42 Posts
World Crap

I agree with Amoroso..really guys, it's a shame that a team like Korea has made it to the semis where we all know that if the World Crap hadn't been played in Korea they would have had difficulty getting a positive result. They were definitely found out today and their football exposed for what it really is. Run, run, run, and wait for divine intervention...this is a team that had maybe 2-3 shots in the WHOLE GAME while playing at home. Think about it, does anyone really feel and believe that Korea hasn't received "assistance" at times? I mean, I taped the Korea-Spain game and have looked at the replays of the goals a few times (yes, that's what they were, goals) and cannot see a single thing wrong with them. This World Cup is tainted...maybe UEFA should tell FIFA to go piss up a rope because it certainly hasn't received a fair shake here.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lordmarcus007 said:

You say this WC is ruined because of bad refs. I say because for once the dubious went AGAINST the big teams, now they cry foul. Fair play my friend. You live by sword, you die by sword.
since when have the decisions been on spains side?

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Give me back my football. The game where the best team wins.
Football the game where the best team wins :confused: seriously Amo what sport have you bveen watching all these years. I mean Germany won the WC 3 times how the hell can football be the sport where the best team wins. :D

Go Korea o! :)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
On Defense Of The Referees...

lordmarcus007 said:
To me, there is no consipiracy, just with refs making unending errors. This is not the first time WC filled with refs errors, remember hand of god? Baggio deceived the ref with that penalty claim when they play Chile? The list goes on and on. It just many people have short memory and concentrated to things they see couple of days ago.

You said it perfectly, lordmarcus007. the refereeing sux, but it has sucked for a long time. FIFA needs to address the matter of referee's mistakes; IMHO the real-time video replay of everything, shown from every possible angle, is putting the referees and linesmen on frequent tight spots - they have to make decisions on a split-second, but any mistake they make is immediately exposed to every person on the planet by ten different cameras, on slow-motion and with highlights. The linesmen cannot compete with slow-motion replays for accuracy. The referee doesn't see every single foul from several different angles.

So I think what lordmarcus007 said it's true, and furthermore, I think today's standard game broadcast is killing the referees. They NEED to be able to review their decisions through the videotape. We NEED to adapt the game. Plays will have to be stopped, so the assistant referees can confirm the ruling of fouls and offsides. The games will become inevitalby longer, and the constant stops will definitely hurt the flow of the game - not to mention that the team whose play was stoped will frequently lose counterattacks and surprise moves, which may lead to MORE injustice. But that would make the referee's job easier, and less mistakes would happen, as the replays would be the ultimate judge. Diving would become pointless, and generally playacting would end; but a defense that played with an 'offside line' tactic would never suffer counterattacks, because every counterattack would need to be stopped. :rolleyes: That doesn't sound so good, does it?

So I don't know. A middle ground might be the best idea. But there's one thing for sure, if things continue just as they are, referees will be treated like dirt more and more, as they cannot compete with the dozens of electronic eyes that constantly monitor the games. Either we hand the refereeing to the cameras or we lighten the referee's burden with some technological backup. :)

We need to consider what we want for football. The referees are human and they're being demolished for that. What is fair in this case?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The decision have been on Spain's side for Romero who should be sent off TWICE for showing his studs to a player on two occasions...and without even getting a card.

If it was Italy or France or whatever big names got the favoured calls, people will NOT be complaining as much. But because it is KOREA --- a team who they think dunno how to play footall makes the semis, everyone makes a big fuss.

If you wanna talk about conspiracy, why don't you go back to the final of France 98 ? Ronaldo having a fit before the game ?:confused: My arse ! Brazil being well beaten ? My arse !
Look at Brazil who were playing long ball tactics in that game ! Look at the majority of players not giving a damn when the final whisle was blown...yeah because they knew that they are young, they will still have another WC or two afterwards...

Well conspiracy this conspiracy that, these are all just assumptions fellas ! Why don't you guys say that the Koreans were on drugs since they have such superb stamina ? Why don't you all just show some respect ! The big teams have fallen because I think there were too many primadonas or so called big stars in the team. The Koreans put the team before their lives ! And it is this will power that carried them thus far ! Sure, football is a game played with skills, intelligence etc...but what use is there if players play with no heart ? Look at some of the so called stars ! And you'll know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
since when have the decisions been on spains side?
Oh many, the ref gave so many freekicks to the Spaniard in dangerous position so of them not correctly.

Another amazing thing so many insisting legitimate "goals" been disallowed. Guys, all of the plays were blown DEAD WAY before players put the ball into the net. I can point out 3 example.

1)France-Uruguay - Carini pulled out before Trezeguet flick ball in the net

2)Korea-Italy - It's was a wrong call, Tommassi was onside BUT the Korean stopped after the the whistle.

3)Korea-Spain - Early I said A. Ref flagged because the goal sailed over the crossbar but not when the ball was on Joaquin foot, I could be wrong here but still, everyone stopped, Morientes got a free header, the goalie didn't even attempt to save it.

Sometimes clear your eyes a bit, you can see clearer.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
YOU RACIST ********

WHAT A SORRY BUNCH OF SORE LOSERS YOU ARE. DIDNT YOUR MA AND PA EVER TEACH YOU TO LOSE WITH GRACE.

WHEN ENGLAND REACHED THE SEMIFINAL OF EURO 96, NOBODY POINTED FINGERS AT THE REFEREEING. WHEN ROMANIA WAS DENIED A CLEAR FREE KICK GOAL IN THAT TOURNAMENT, NOBODY SAID ANYTHING.
AND WHAT ABOUT 1966. I SUPPOSE ENGLAND WON BECOS THEY WOULD BRING IN THE MOST MONEY!!!

SURE, IF THIS WORLD CUP WAS PLAYED IN USA AND USA HAD MADE IT TO THE SEMIS, THERE IS NO WAY ANY OF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID ANYTHING. WHY ? USA ARE W*****.THEY ARE YOUR BROTHERS. WOULD THEY CHEAT ??? GOOD HEAVENS NO!!

BUT ASIANS!!! NOW THEY MIGHT CHEAT!!!

HOW VULGAR CAN YOU PEOPLE GET ? IT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT YOUR UPBRINGING, THE WAY YOU SPEAK.

AND FOR THAT MORON MAGIC#10 (WHO IS A MODERATOR OR SOMETHING .. BUT I DONT GIVE A RATS ASS) : - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IS WHAT YOU DESERVE. YOU DONT DESERVE ANYTHING MORE. IN FACT WHY DONT YOU JUST STICK TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE OR THE MLS. THAT WAY YOUR TEAM WILL ALWAYS WIN!!! THERE WONT BE ANY NEED TO BLAME ANYONE THEN.

YOU GUYS ARE WAY BENEATH MY DIGNITY.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have to agree with gautam that some of the posts in this thread seem a little racist, especially taht of amoroso where he referred to the korean players as "semi-doped midgets". Guys, u should have more class than this. Referee decisions were not the only reasons "big teams" lost. Most of the blame for their defeat lie squarely on their shoulders.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
The big teams lost because they took their competion lightly. They forget to realize that gone are the days where all they have to do is step on the field and the game was their's. Smaller countries are getting players to play in the big Euro leagues. So, those players know the style of play. Just look at Senegal for example, I think their entire starting line up plays in the French First Division.

I love this world Cup because it shows the emergence of the small countries and that they too can play a high class of football. Turkey has made it through...Korea....the US all the way to the quarters as had Senegal....Sweden played some great football....Japan moved on....South Africa almost made it though but lost out to Paragual because Paraguay scored 5 goals while South Africa scored only 4.

Consipracy theories exist only in the minds of the teams and fans of the team that lost out. Korea has played a wonderful, fast paced game and they play with heart....they deserve to be where they are. Gus Hidink has brought the Dutch flair of "Total Football" to Korea and it is working.

I love that there is an element of the unknown in this World Cup...I'm sure if the Semi-Finals were: Germany, Italy, Brazil, and France just for example, people would be crying foul and saying that FIFA favors the big teams. You can't win.

The teams that are in the semi-finals deserve to be there. Why?
1. They won the games they were supposed to win.
2. In any world Cup, you have to be a bit lucky as well...for example a big team always gets knocked out...this year it just so happened to be a lot of big teams..France, Argentina, Portugal not even advancing.
3. Unlike in past Cups (Italia 90) these teams rather than play bunker in order to have a chance to win the game, they actually attacked and played some exciting football.

I say, congrats to all teams...and all played great. Good job. And to the big countries...the rest of the world is catching up.....so don;t take anyone lightly.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts