Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
German won the vote 12-11 with one country not voting!!!

Franz Bechenbauer was crutial to the win!!

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Great stuff. As a European I'm obviously relieved and delighted with the decision. As a veteran of Euro88 I can also promise a great tournement as the Germans are great organisers. The beer is top notch too! If the Ingles dont qualify we're all laughing. Brazil will probably get 2010 if they get their act together.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!

Oh boy... there must be something wrong with me... I never imagined there would come a day to cheer for a German success...

It must be the heat... temperature is up to 45C in Athens today...

G

·
Hey!, I'm glad it is in Germany :)

It should remain a tradition that the World Cup should be held in Europe once every 8 years.

Now let's hope that by 2006 Germany have another great team, because for a team which has a calibre of Germany the whole country will expect Germany to get far.

At present, the team looks extremely pitiful and weak, there's a lot of work to be done before then.

·
International
5,629 Posts
As a European this is the most disappointed and ridiculous decision by FIFA yet... To award Germany the WC over SA smells so rotten that I can't even fathom the stench in Germany...The World Cup is about promoting the game...Africa has farmed out enough great players to Europe do at least deserve a WC...it's sad :( that we are living in a new millenium but that FIFA and its euroeccentricity are still stuck in the 1800's...

How you can be happy with this shamingly biased decision is beyond me???:confused: :mad:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This is unfair i'm not south african i'm spainish but i really fell sorry for south africa they were robed by one vote can u believe that 1 vote jjjeeeeezzzzzzz thats tough

FORZA SPAIN

·
Registered
964 Posts
South Africa is the only country in Africa that can host a WC and we arent as bad as people really think we are.Though i am totally Portuguese i live in South Africa and travel alot and where i have been Miami,London etc... most cities in SAare better in some ways and not in others but people think we are a really poor little country but we arent.
Giving 2006 to Africa would have done much more to soccer than what it would have dont to a continent which have had the tournament several times.
I am really starting to hate Fifa(SA) and Uefa(Portugal).

·
Registered
859 Posts
This is completely bull****, well what can we say some Dampsey Moron from New Zealand abstains from the vote and that's what he was told by his delegation and FIFA does nothing...well what does this show...to me it smells Racism and ****....
Someone says that FIFA should keep the tradition of awarding the world cup to Europe every 8 years...what's so special with Europe that they should get it every 8 years...
FIFA needs to change...and really soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts